Bricked EA6900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cursemex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 0:43    Post subject: Bricked EA6900 Reply with quote
Hey there,
I just received my EA6900 today and proceeded to follow egc's guidehttps://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0.
After I managed to downgrade, install dd-wrt, and flash cfe. I proceeded to install kong's latest release following the instructions on the word doc in egc's guide until I reached the final part of installing the firmware.
I used " mtd write -f dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin linux " instead of "mtd write dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin linux" as it was written. Didn't catch it till it was late. (The normal command "write dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin linux" didn't work).
Which brings me to my issue.
My unit's light is always on, it's not responding to ethernet, nor the WDS trick, or even reset. I tried to use the serial port, but nothing came up on the console except some scrabbled lines, but I suspect that my ttl chip is faulty since it smoked up 4 years ago when I was repairing my R7000. I've ordered a different TTL chip to try my luck with it.

So my question is, is my unit bricked beyond saving? Sad Should I try to file for DOA after opening it to see if I get lucky? Twisted Evil
Sponsor
CEGN
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.

Is good to always check the partitions with cat/proc/mtd before write the file, just to see where you are on the procedure. About "mtd write -f dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin linux", that should just return a syntax error, anyway the correct syntax is mtd <options> command -> mtd -f write dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin linux

Check if the router broadcast the wifi (probably not cause the led symptom) but it doesnt hurt to check.

Try to assign a static IP on the PC and check if you get any response from the router. If so probably you can reach the CFE recovery page.

The last thing is to wait you get the USB ttl (i use CP2102) and see where the boot process is breaking.

But i think it could be recover from that state

• Linksys EA6900 + Vortex CFE
  • Linksys E900
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: