Can NO Longer Install DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly, if your old settings are still there and it's working, I don't necessarily see a need to wipe the nvram, but that is your choice. Sometimes the nvram gets a little screwy and needs a fresh start, though. I would see how things go if it still has all your settings first, but that's just me.
Sponsor
DBB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had added some firewall rules, vpn cents, etc. then removed while experimenting with VPN some time back.. I have text backups of everything.

Don’t know if it mattered or not, but I went ahead and erased, then re-added those items I’m using. Everything seems fine.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
DBB wrote:
I had added some firewall rules, vpn cents, etc. then removed while experimenting with VPN some time back.. I have text backups of everything.

Don’t know if it mattered or not, but I went ahead and erased, then re-added those items I’m using. Everything seems fine.

Good to hear.
DBB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so maybe I spoke too soon...

The July, 2017 version of dd-wrt I was running was apparently the first release that allowed SFE, which is the main reason I was running it. I was routinely getting 800-900 Mbps down out of my 1GB connection.

Since the recent upgrade to r35531 detailed in this thread, I'm back down to approximately 200 Mbps down.

I have SFE enabled; QoS is disabled. What else could be killing my bandwidth?

Is it possible that SFE is not working in this newer build?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: