WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Lushamania
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kamakzie wrote:
Does this include WRT32XB??

I second this question. I've not been able to find any concrete information.
Sponsor
Akv123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:56    Post subject: Tri band wrt32x Reply with quote
Has anyone gotten all three bands to work.. my ath 0 and 1 work but not 2. What is the best firmware version in ddwrt for wrt32x. I am really fustrated with the bad wifi and what should the tx power be and the gain for each antenna and should i buy a new anetenna so help my signal. This router is rated for a big house but I am not getting good signal. I hated the linksys firmware because it was very unstable. Can anyone give me advice... i am about to trash this router tmw!
another.man_88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 17:58    Post subject: This solution worked for me.. Reply with quote
bobeid wrote:
bluethunder1080 wrote:
So, just recently decided to start using DDWRT after some recommendations of people I talk to and ran into issues....

stock model WRT32X using the 07-04-2019-r40189 and was constantly getting invalid firmware (using the img file) and was getting incorrect when attempting the bin file. Doing a bit of research, really didn't find anything specific that was useful. Decided to use a different build to test and found a few people that had no issues using 01-18-2019-r38326 and was able to load it first time go.Hope this helps anyone having the same issue I had.

Linksys WRT32X with serial 22C10
Venom Version 1.0.170828.208

stil does not work Smile in fact I believe that there is no 2019 image that would work.

after hours of wasted efforts to install dd-wrt on wrt32x, this worked for me. for others trying to install, i am adding the link to firmware version that is working.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/01-18-2019-r38326/linksys-wrt32x/

thanks bluethunder1080 for the solution.
Darkurio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought a WRT32X (S/N starting with 22C11) and also kept getting "invalid firmware" when trying to upgrade from stock to FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img.

- At first I tried 09-07-2019-r40932... no good.
- I tried rebooting the router in case that would help but still no good.
- Then I tried 01-18-2019-r38326 which sounded promising from others... again no good
- Then I went and downloaded all of the 2019 builds up to 09-07-2019-r40932 as I was ready to try them all.
- I started with 01-02-2019-r38159, and to my surprise it didn't get the "invalid firmware" message when uploaded!
- Then I tried 09-07-2019-r40932 again, and was even more surprised to find that it now worked too.

So it seems like either the router just needed some time to get "settled in" (I did happen to leave it alone for ~1hr) before accepting firmwares or some other action I did caused it to start accepting firmwares but I have no idea what it could be.

Since that was the latest image at the time I just went ahead and did the install, not wanting to risk it giving me the "invalid firmware" message again.

The install was successful, after which I did trick to upgrade from the DD-WRT factory to webupgrade image on the same partition, and now am running the full 09-07-2019-r40932 build with no issues Smile

Perhaps this can help some of you who still got "invalid firmware" even after trying old images and may have given up.
noslenwerdna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed the firmware on my 32X and at first it would not take the img file. I was attempting the newest listed (v3.0 build 40559) and it seems that it was too large. I instead went with the oldest listed (v3.0 build 36247) and it worked like a charm. It's important to note that the oldest listed version was smaller than the newest, not by much but that seems to have made all of the difference.
lahrizi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I Bought WRT32X with SN 22C1060...
Updated to Linksys Factory FW Ver. 1.0.180404.58
After trying a couple of 2019's betas I then uploaded ddwrt 09-20-2019-r41075 and it worked fine for me. I mean I dind't test anything yet just didn't get invalid firmware and get the ddwrt GUI.
Subby748
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 13:42    Post subject: Just a thank you Reply with quote
Not sure how to get in contact with the people who developed this software, but its bloody brilliant.

Wanted to say thanks to all involved, also the lad who wrote the guide at the start of this thread.
Subby748
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
lahrizi wrote:
I Bought WRT32X with SN 22C1060...
Updated to Linksys Factory FW Ver. 1.0.180404.58
After trying a couple of 2019's betas I then uploaded ddwrt 09-20-2019-r41075 and it worked fine for me. I mean I dind't test anything yet just didn't get invalid firmware and get the ddwrt GUI.

You can get the latest firmware to flash and not show the invalid message.

Don't download the image from the database, that one doesn't work, at least it didn't for me. OP in this thread gives a link to the location of the latest software, on one of his posts in his signature, on what I assume is a mirror, downloading it from there, flashed first time for me.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
Subby748
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobeid wrote:
bluethunder1080 wrote:
So, just recently decided to start using DDWRT after some recommendations of people I talk to and ran into issues....

stock model WRT32X using the 07-04-2019-r40189 and was constantly getting invalid firmware (using the img file) and was getting incorrect when attempting the bin file. Doing a bit of research, really didn't find anything specific that was useful. Decided to use a different build to test and found a few people that had no issues using 01-18-2019-r38326 and was able to load it first time go.Hope this helps anyone having the same issue I had.

Linksys WRT32X with serial 22C10
Venom Version 1.0.170828.208

stil does not work Smile in fact I believe that there is no 2019 image that would work.

I got the latest 2019 image to flash last night, with no problems.

However do not download the image from the router database, it doesn't work. Generates the error message.

However OP gives a link to a mirror of the files at ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/ , i got the latest image from there, flashed first time.
gangster789
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you update stock firmware to latest first, or just start from the firmware that was on the unit out of the box? Just got one of these to play with and read posts.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
gangster789 wrote:
Did you update stock firmware to latest first, or just start from the firmware that was on the unit out of the box? Just got one of these to play with and read posts.

Did you read the first post of this thread? Did you read through the whole thread before asking?

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
His WRT32X probably already has the latest on both partitions (1.0.180404.58) but to answer his question the version shouldn't matter, but confirm it is stock firmware installed. I would reset to factory settings or hard reset if the router has been used already.

My posts on page 2 should be helpful.
gangster789
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did the flash from "out of the box" stock f/w and had read the thread first. No problems with the flashing process. Just being safe asking since this thread has been posted awhile and people might have some last minute advice. Thanks for replying.
XchubasX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lushamania wrote:
Kamakzie wrote:
Does this include WRT32XB??

I second this question. I've not been able to find any concrete information.

Just registered to the forums to confirm that it works for the wrt32XB, installed the latest beta as of 01/05/2020 and no problems at all.

Regards
tortdog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:35    Post subject: Installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img but now no login page Reply with quote
Experienced programmer but weak in networking.

Issue: I successfully installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img using the Factory GUI, and the installation apparently competed properly with reset. But now the login page is a grey screen with no fields to input (user/pass). The router responds to pings, and SSH attempts respond with "connection refused."

Question: I understand there are two partitions so the original factory partition (no longer active) is still there. I have the factory bin to reinstall to return my router to original and start over, but cannot seem to access the router as Putty and WinSCP both say connection refused. So I don't know how to get the original factory image on (or switch which partition the router is using back to the factory).

What I did.

* Read this thread (multiple times and other sites as well for user experience)

* Opted to just do the minimalist first (the less than 1/2 size img file) and see how it goes (rather than use two partitions to maintain the factory)

* Went into the factory GUI under the Admin tab and installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img as the new firmware.

* Router checked it and came back with "install" button

* Pressed install and took a few minutes and then I believe the router mentioned install complete (I know it said install almost complete at one point) and then the router rebooted

* Once rebooted, I went into 192.168.1.1 via a browser and I get a grey screen.

The router responds to pings. It rejects SSH attempts. It "looks" good as per the LED lights, but I cannot administer it.

Suggestions for a next step, please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: