Cant conect to net using netgear r7000 via tplink w7960 modm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dan95
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 20:56    Post subject: Cant conect to net using netgear r7000 via tplink w7960 modm Reply with quote
I have a tp-link w7960 cable modem that I have set to "bridge mode" and am trying to use my netgear r7000 that is flashed with ddwrt (v3.0-r33675M kongac [11/03/17]).

The only time I have been able to get the setup to work is when I set the "connection type" to static, which works... until my modem ip address changes which is apparently fairly often (and the "benevolent" isp overload [xfinity] has informed me that a static ip is not an option w/o paying an assload for a business plan.

If I set the connection type for DHCP on my r7000 using dns and subnet mask settings that my tplink modem was using I get... nada.

I am at wits end trying to figure this out, please help!!
Sponsor
dan95
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing? I could really use some help figuring this one out. please. I'd be happy to post more info if there is a log or some other info I could provide which might help the diagnosis?
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Setting the 7960 in bridge mode: https://boombroadband.com.au/boomroom/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=54

Set the WAN port of the R7000 to DHCP.

You should get a Public IP.

If the modem is using 192.168.1.1, set the lan side of the R7000 to 192.168.2.1

If your ISP is using PPPoE, set the WAN to PPPoE and put in the username and password from your ISP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: