DNSMasq behaviour in DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
duckasylum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04    Post subject: DNSMasq behaviour in DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hello

I am using DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac ( 05/31/18 ) and I have a small problem understanding how DNSMasq options are handled by DD-WRT.

I have unbridged my wireless and wired networks. Also I have made a separate VLANs in the wired network. All unbridged connections have their own DHCP pool and hence a separate gateway address. All that works.

Now I also want to give all my unbridged networks different DNS servers (dnsmasq dhcp option 6). To do that I have written a custom configuration line to the custom options text area in Services -> Additional DHCPd Options i.e
Code:
dhcp-option=vlan5,6,10.0.50.5
dhcp-option=vlan6,6,10.0.60.5
dhcp-option=vlan7,6,10.0.70.5

These options are not pushed down with the lease and are not written to the /tmp/dnsmasq.conf. I think that is because the distinct VLAN specific gateway rules that are written automatically to the dnsmasq.conf overwrite everything in the text box (dnsmasq.conf has lines for gateways)
Code:
dhcp-option=vlan5,3,10.0.50.1
dhcp-option=vlan6,3,10.0.60.1
dhcp-option=vlan7,3,10.0.70.1

I have no idea how to tell DD-WRT and/or DNSMasq to allow multiple dhcp-options lines for same interface. I tried inserting something like
Code:
dhcp-option=vlan5,option:router,10.0.50.1,option:nameserver,10.0.50.5

to the "Additional DHCPd Options" but that does not seem to be applied.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or have any ideas how to fix the problem? I could maybe mount the dnsmasq.conf from jffs and manually add the lines, but that seems hacky-as-f*** (although for TLS certs I already have done it at least once).

The reason I wan't this is because I have a somewhat complicated network setup with split-horizon DNS solution and an optional pihole-dns for some "guest" networks.

Also, I am using an ASUS RT-AC66U B2 flashed as an RT-AC68U C1

Looking forward to any input Smile
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: