USB Tethered Cellphone on DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Ratfink11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20    Post subject: USB Tethered Cellphone on DD-WRT Reply with quote
Is there anyone who actually has done this?

I would be willing to pay to get this setup.

I am unable to locate any valid info that isn't over ten years old or refer to links that are ten years old.

It looks as though this is supported but there is no real documentation for it.

I need to connect my cellphone through usb to the router and use the tethering feature of the phone for my broadband. My phone hooks up and the router does recognize it but I have no internet.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection

The link above doesn't not work and also refers to dead links and data that is nearly ten years old. Like I stated, I would be willing to pay to get this working... Im using an LGV30.

Thanks
Sponsor
roye77399
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:51    Post subject: usb tether Reply with quote
I would also like to do this with a verizon mifi device.
Ratfink11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well... I started this thread. I am positive the generic android drivers are loaded and a part of the firmware software. However, getting anyone of any of these guys on here including the devs? Forget it. See, everyone here just assumes there would be no purpose or no one could ever need such a function. As a matter of fact everyone on this forum believes everyone in the world has free fiber speeds. They never think that maybe the only thing available is cellphone network coverage only. OR on solar battery power.ect... So we need to use our cellphone network as our internet provider as well as a need for a router. So much faster to have a usb tethered connection to a router thru the usb port..... BUT NO...NO ONE WANTS TO HELP WHEN CLEARLY IT WILL WORK IN FIVE MINUTES OF SOMEONES TIME TO ACTUALLY HELP.

Here is the solution I came up with so that this works... I purchased an Asus RT-AC5300. It works right out of the box. You will want to install the Merlin router firmware as it allows for a little more flexibility. Took me all of ten minutes to setup. Waiting for an answer here? You would have better chances of winning the lottery. Too bad... I have used ddwrt for 10 years and have configured routers many ways... But alas...it appears the original intent has lost it way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: