Using Rflow to capture traffic

Lipoly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:56    Post subject: Using Rflow to capture traffic Reply with quote
I tried following this wiki article, but was stopped dead in my tracks: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Using_RFlow_Collector_and_MySQL_To_Gather_Traffic_Information

According to my Buffalo router, I am using "DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US STD." My router does not have an Administration->Service tab...I I have is
* Management
* Keep Alive
* Commands
* WOL
* Factory Defaults
* Firmware Upgrade

Any ideas? I'm using the standard version, so I would've expected it had the functionality.

Thanks
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Service is a main tab...not a sub tab under the Administation.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06    Post subject: RFlow support Reply with quote
The best RFlow analyzer I've found so far is a demo version of Plixer's Netflow Scrutinizer

Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem as all the other NetFlow analyzers I've found: the rflow daemon in DD-WRT does not have access to the interface information, so the netflow interface field is hardcoded to 'incoming' so its impossible to filter and distinguish incoming from outgoing traffic.

This makes it impossible to view the incoming and outgoing as separate streams on the same interface, and monitoring more than one interface just merges all the traffic into one giant stream :/
wwelsh00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:17    Post subject: Re: Using Rflow to capture traffic Reply with quote
Lipoly wrote:
I tried following this wiki article, but was stopped dead in my tracks: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Using_RFlow_Collector_and_MySQL_To_Gather_Traffic_Information

According to my Buffalo router, I am using "DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US STD." My router does not have an Administration->Service tab...I I have is
* Management
* Keep Alive
* Commands
* WOL
* Factory Defaults
* Firmware Upgrade

Any ideas? I'm using the standard version, so I would've expected it had the functionality.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same problem where I can't find the rFlow tab under Services. See my screenshot below.

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29621 std (05/10/16)

screenshot-192.168.1.1-2018.06.06-17-13-28.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.9 KB
 Viewed:  1785 Time(s)

screenshot-192.168.1.1-2018.06.06-17-13-28.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: