Client mode: SSID not set after init_start, wland errors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tiadk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 0:04    Post subject: Client mode: SSID not set after init_start, wland errors. Reply with quote
On Asus AC 5300 / 3100. Tested with latest Kong test build and 2018-02-19 release and BS January release.

I noticed some issues with the BS and Kong builds when attempting to use client mode on these devices.

1. process_monitor will call wl's 'reinit' when there appears to be no problem with the connection:

Code:

Jan  1 04:00:42 TEST user.notice root: $PPID: 1300, $$: 19687
Jan  1 04:00:42 TEST user.notice root: ++ $PPID:   1300 root      1500 S    process_monitor
Jan  1 04:00:42 TEST user.notice root: ++ $$:     19687 root      1192 S    /bin/sh /usr/sbin/wl -i eth1 reinit

2. The wland program appears to be broken on both builds, old and new versions. It creates a 0 byte file /tmp/.xstatusx and appears to have the interfaces hard coded. Running
Code:
 strings /sbin/wland

shows
Code:

wl -i eth2 status 2>&1 > /tmp/.xstatusx
wl -i wl1.1 status 2>&1 > /tmp/.xstatusx

3. As part of the init process the start_lan function is called which sets the SSID but later start_wan brings down the radio calling wl -down. It appears to do this in order to set the MAC address.
When the radio is brought back up it looses the SSID and this is not reset as the only place that sets this is in start_lan.

This prevents association in client mode when connecting to an unencrypted connection. If WPA is used then the nas deamon handles the connection and process_monitor and wland can be killed to prevent their interference.

It looks like it should be safe to re-set the SSID after calling wl -up on the interface in start_wan. Perhaps a dev could look into this.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: