to afraid to flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:38    Post subject: to afraid to flash Reply with quote
I have read ALOT but still unsure of a few things, i was almost certain to flash
Quote:
dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD_128K.bin
until i have read somewere that kong said, its risky and had to use the
Quote:
dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin instead.

Could someoneplease verify a few things..
They say kong always test first and release stable version. But in the peocock thread it says:

Quote:
3. Upgrade (or downgrade)to one of the forum recommended builds listed in this section, especially if you are running SP1 or v24 final (05/21/08 )13064 or 14896.

Quote:
Don't just load V24-Final or SP1. (Read the English Broadcom Forum Announcements referenced above to find out why).

Is the r7000 a ARM device or BroadCom? Were do i post questions cause i see in both the forums things about the R7000.

should i use kong v24 or BS? I just want a stable solution no fancy stuff.

If .24 from kong is stable is he then faster tgen BS? cause BS firmware i can only find builds in the BETAS folders.

There are URL's in the wiki, but not sure if thoose are the latest stable one

Quote:
Traditional 30-30-30 resets are useless on ARM based routers.

There is no 30-30-30 reset on the r7000 so before and after flashing i telnet for a nvram reset, reboot?

chk files are only needit the first time of flashing from stock fw?

Thank you!

Last edited by IIIdefconIII on Sun May 20, 2018 9:41; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
R7000 is posted in the Broadcom forum.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flash the r7000.chkfile from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ from within the netgear GUI.
On subsequent updates flash the std.bin from the same folder.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Flash the r7000.chkfile from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ from within the netgear GUI.
On subsequent updates flash the std.bin from the same folder.

Hi and thank you for this,

I made decision this morning to do that cause it tought it was ok, i did the 30-30-30 but then i have read later on that on the r7000 you need to do a nvram erese, do i did both anyway. I still have 2 issues i cannot fix.

1. of it is that i cannot ping any wired lan connections to each other, i can ping the gateway and i do have internetaccess from the clients. i have read forums again and couldnt find anything usefull. Only the swconfig et0 vlan 1. but in another post it says thats only for atheros. so i played with the brdige config but also that failes. im just not that good while i have tried to read and read over and over again.

the second thing im keep having trouble with is that when a device is connected for a while, lets say 30 min or later. i have dns issues and need to reconnect once more or need to reboot the router. I went to the WAN status page and the connection uptime is only 2 min, it drops its connection, i enabled logging to upload soon,

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

I almost went over to tomato but then i tough i still wanted ddwrt. trying to fight this issues and then i think all works as i want.

IPv6 is completely turned off on all local client and in the router.

3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.01 KB
 Viewed:  5674 Time(s)

3.png

2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.74 KB
 Viewed:  5674 Time(s)

2.png

1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.65 KB
 Viewed:  5675 Time(s)

1.png

Last edited by IIIdefconIII on Sun May 20, 2018 17:06; edited 1 time in total
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
one more

5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.06 KB
 Viewed:  5673 Time(s)

5.png

IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
still get it not working correctly
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tough dd-wrt has the biggest cummunity, i have read lots of information on the website, flashed several firmwares including stable one, still having issues.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
IIIdefconIII wrote:
I tough dd-wrt has the biggest cummunity, i have read lots of information on the website, flashed several firmwares including stable one, still having issues.

What happened to your post about tomato firmware. Every r7000 I’ve flashed worked right away but I was not doing anything like you are doing. I don’t even understand it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't set gateway to itself. If you don't have other routers on the LAN, leave it empty.
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
IIIdefconIII wrote:

What happened to your post about tomato firmware. Every r7000 I’ve flashed worked right away but I was not doing anything like you are doing. I don’t even understand it.

i tought it may be a bit rude, tomato works oob, setup lan also, no need to use iptable or so.. i still wanne flash back to dd-wrt and maybe the gateway like Per Yngve Berg mentioned was the problem. ARghh i just felled the community let me down, im trying this for over a week now and i keep failing. on IRC nobody talks.. on the forum offcourse i know you gus doing this for free in youre own time, but a little bump to get this working should be very nice. As i even propuse payed support, didnt get any good review on my setup.

This i what i will do, flashback, set options correct again and try once more to keep my patients up
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Don't set gateway to itself. If you don't have other routers on the LAN, leave it empty.

Thank you

I have done this, wan looks good for now, also the ping to lan was working, my htpc firewall just had to needs of manually enable icmp by default it was off. which is very strange behouiver but hell yeh is microsoft right.

EDIT: After 2 hours it rebooted again, could that be cause i disable ntp time?
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
after i came back home, 4 hours later, i had to reboot the router as nor wifi nor lan couldt connect to the router.
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 0:38    Post subject: Re: to afraid to flash Reply with quote
IIIdefconIII wrote:
Is the r7000 a ARM device or BroadCom? Were do i post questions cause i see in both the forums things about the R7000.
Quote:
There is no 30-30-30 reset on the r7000 so before and after flashing i telnet for a nvram reset, reboot?
To be clear, R7000 is a Broadcom chipset/SoC device with ARM architecture; other SoC include Qualcomm/Atheros, Mediatek, and Realtek. The other primary architecture in routers is MIPS, though DD also has x86 and x64 builds.

The recommended reset for ARM devices is `erase nvram` from telnet/ssh. And most definitely if you had Tomato running on it before.

This is your main gateway router, right?

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:24    Post subject: Re: to afraid to flash Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
IIIdefconIII wrote:
Quote:
To be clear, R7000 is a Broadcom chipset/SoC device with ARM architecture; other SoC include Qualcomm/Atheros, Mediatek, and Realtek. The other primary architecture in routers is MIPS, though DD also has x86 and x64 builds.

The recommended reset for ARM devices is `erase nvram` from telnet/ssh. And most definitely if you had Tomato running on it before.

This is your main gateway router, right?

Yes it currently my only router on the network, the correct command should be 'nvram erase' not 'erase nvram'.
And yes i have done this before and after flashing cause thats what the peacock thread says.
IIIdefconIII
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i have re-done the whole protocol and it tought it was finally fine. The router was online for 56 hours and still no problems, then i created a extra virtual wifi point on the 2.4 ghz.

Router seems to hang after 18 hours.

Following in the log

Failed connecting to 2.pool.ntp.org [2a00:1630:66:ea::e82a]: Address family not supported by protocol
cyclic NTP Update failed (servers 2.pool.ntp.org 212.18.3.19 88.99.174.22)

Out of memory: Kill process 23708 (httpd) score 3 or sacrifice child

Could this be the issue that there is just not anough memory? i used the STD firmware

Killed process 23708 (httpd) total-vm:3392kB, anon-rss:376kB, file-rss:408kB
[/i]
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: