can i put a DD-WRT firmware on a WRT54GP2A-AT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
stormwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:10    Post subject: can i put a DD-WRT firmware on a WRT54GP2A-AT Reply with quote
by MOD:
DONATIONS:
    -dskum $10
    -H3ct0R $5
    -amitsood1 A$10
    -kouyang14,lph1216, monkey243 $35

hey!
i was wondering if i could flash one of the WRT54GP2A-AT with a DD-WRT firmware. i need the WDS feature, and i dont think i saw this specific model being posted anywhere as compatible. the router it self supports the VoIP and has 2 phone jacks on it besides the normal LAN jacks. theres no mention of the version (V=?), all i got is
Model: WRT54GP2A, and
Model number WRT54GP2A-AT

thanks a bunch!
Sponsor
stormwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh come on. any response would be appreciated. even "hell if i know" Laughing
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
no, not Broadcom based.
stormwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
aww crap. i was hoping for a "sure, its possible" answer lol!
o well, thanx man!
rebel2234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to add to this post. I have this same board. From what I can tell it uses a 425mhz Intel IXP based processor. It has a minipci slot available and I would like to flash it with dd-wrt and use SR9 in it.. Is this possible? Anyone flashed one of these? It would scream if I could get dd-wrt to run on it. Plus these routers are dirt cheap..
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Avila Gateworks GW2348-4 has the same CPU inside.

Moving to Avila board....
hondoslack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone had a chance to figure the WRT54GP2A out yet? I've tried the hidden upgradefirmware.htm page, using gateworx-firmware-squashfs.bin for the Avila IXP425 chipset. It didn't work.

If someone could figure out how to "brick" the device, ie, get the thing to boot into "emergency flash" mode, or whatever you want to call it, perhaps the linksys provided tftp utility could upload the firmware? I tried shorting pins 15-16 of the JTAG connector without any success. All it does is reset the device, same as pressing the reset button on the back.

I don't know, it looks like the bastardos at a certain telco have locked this thing down pretty good. Its too bad, as a previous poster said, the xscale processor this thing has would be pretty cool to play with.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Avila Gateworks GW2348-4 has the same CPU inside.

Moving to Avila board....

the avila GW2348-4 has 533 mhz cpu speed. GW2348-2 has 266 mhz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
hondoslack wrote:
Anyone had a chance to figure the WRT54GP2A out yet? I've tried the hidden upgradefirmware.htm page, using gateworx-firmware-squashfs.bin for the Avila IXP425 chipset. It didn't work.

If someone could figure out how to "brick" the device, ie, get the thing to boot into "emergency flash" mode, or whatever you want to call it, perhaps the linksys provided tftp utility could upload the firmware? I tried shorting pins 15-16 of the JTAG connector without any success. All it does is reset the device, same as pressing the reset button on the back.

I don't know, it looks like the bastardos at a certain telco have locked this thing down pretty good. Its too bad, as a previous poster said, the xscale processor this thing has would be pretty cool to play with.

dont try to flash it on this unit. this unit was never used for development and is definitly not supported. me may do this in future. but we are missing alot of testing units for each xscale target. so eko needs definitly one since he is part of my development and me as well if its xscale based for sure

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, thx for the info. Its too bad, there probably isn't a whole lot of these floating around. Its a poorly designed board though. The wifi mini-pci is positioned directly above the IXP425, and so the unit tends to overheat; at least here in Las Vegas, where we currently have near 40C weather.

btw, for those interested in using this unit in the mean time for other VOIP providers, I successfully hacked the sip.htm and sipothers.htm pages as is described in other forums, allowing me to update the settings to my current VOIP provider. If you would like me to post a simple how-to, please reply to this thread, I am watching it. thx I'll say one other thing though, if you follow the other thread's instructions, you'll need to "unhide" the second password field on the sip.htm page. I also found it useful to not use the javascript at all, and just change the "Save Settings" buttons to type="submit". That way you can disable javascript all around, and avoid headaches. Sorry, I know this bb isn't really the right place for this, but I know someone googling perhaps may find it useful.
brutus757
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would be interrested in the process you used to access the wrt54gp2a-at. please post the procedure.

Thanks!
hondoslack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey @brutus, I'll be glad to help. I'll start simple, and if you need more detail, please post back with the step number you need more help with.

0. assuming the router is or was provisioned from your ex-voip provider (evil empire goes here), disconnect the WAN cable, and reboot the router (even if you don't have service, the stupid thing still tries to connect to their servers to get provisioned)

1. disable Javascript in your browser (not just for the router IP, global)

2. open url http://<router_ip_address/sip.htm, you should get prompted for your user name and password now, after which the sip.htm page should display, with your current settings
if the sip.htm page showed up blank, don't panic, you will be hacking this page anyway, putting in your new settings

3. click File -> Save As, and save a copy of the page to the folder of your choice

4. perform steps 2 & 3 for url url http://<router_ip_address/sipothers.htm and url http://<router_ip_address/qos.htm (if you want to adjust your qos bandwidth)

5. now you have all the files you'll need. lets start hacking. open sipothers.htm in your favorite text/html editor ... note, if sipothers.htm did not display the current values, I wouldn't recommend attempting to save the new values, unless you know what needs to go in each box. I had to play around with it, rebooting, enable javascript, disable, reload the pages. The web pages really are absolute scheis...

6. search for the string "isTimerOut", and change the line which reads
var isTimerOut = "0"
to
var isTimerOut = "125"

7. search for the string "sipothers.tri", and change the line which reads
<form name="sipothers" action="sipothers.tri" method="post">
to
<form name="sipothers" action="http://<router_ip_address>/sipothers.tri" method="post">

8. search for the string "Save Settings", and change the line that reads
<input onclick="to_submit(this.form)" value="Save Settings" type="button">
to
<input value="Save Settings" type="submit">

9. do steps 6 through 8 for page sip.htm, replacing "sipothers" with "sip" in the steps above

10. while you still have sip.htm open, you'll need to perform some additional hacks. find the string "Authentication Key", if you still have a long encrypted string somewhere after that, delete it, you won't be needing it anymore

11. find the string "sip_psw1", and change the line so that instead of
type="password"
you have
type="text"
and the second field sip_psw1_hidden from the following declaration
<input maxlength="32" value="" name="sip_psw1_hidden" type="hidden">
to
<input maxlength="32" value="" name="sip_psw1_hidden" type="text">
this is very important, otherwise your password won't be saved (sneaky, eh?)
again, you may not want to proceed if the router didn't give you any settings at all
I don't want to get sued, so I can't just upload the hacked files to you which contained my current values, but apparently I can outline these steps (weird?)
the only field which is tricky on this page anyway is dial-plan. it needs to be (for north america):
1XXXXXXXXXX|[2-9]XXXXXX|911|011X.T

12. ok, if all is well so far, sip.htm is a good place to start. your current VOIP provider should be able to give you the settings you need, and be able to tell you where they go. mine did. Now, Von***ge of course will not work with this router, so don't waste your time there. There are plenty of other providers which basically just use Asterisx (or something like that) as their backend, a stun server, and a sip proxy, user name and password, and away-you-go

13. open the local sip.htm in your web browser (I used Firefox 2.0.0.4), and fill out the appropriate values

14. click "Save Settings" (the form action of sip.tri should get called now directly instead of through javascript), and it should display "settings saved, bla bla bla, you must reboot, bla bla"

15. click "Continue" (router will now reboot, be sure WAN cable is still unplugged, you still need to hack sipothers.htm)

16. ok, if you had the correct values displayed from your previous provider in sipothers.htm, or you know what to fill in, open sipothers.htm

17. The only settings you really need to change here have to do with provisioning and firmware. set the following fields:
Provision Enabled to 0 (thats zero)
Ignore Provision to 1 (all three "Ignore" options to 1, actually)
As a help, I will list in order of left to right, from top to bottom (start in the first field and hit <tab>), the settings I had on this page. I will not list the names of the fields here:
2, 0, 100, 0, 1, -5, 16, -7, 0, 0, 1, 0, 2, 0, 40
next section
20, 100, 5, 100, 60, 3600, 1, 1800, 0, 0, 512, 256, 68, 88, 1, 500, 0, 0, tick, tick, tick, 911, blank, 1, 500, 4, disabled
that should do it

18. do steps 14 and 15 for this page (obviously sipothers.tri is called here)

19. plug your WAN cable in, your phone into port 1, and pray... after a minute or so, if "Line 1" doesn't light up, d'oh! sorry... post what you did, and I'll try to help...
brutus757
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
THANKS!!

Got the router to stop attempting to provision itself and stop rebooting every 30 min.

Did not get a pw or key though. Could be because it was never provisiioned from AT*, I think.

Next step is to a find provider and drop Von***.

Wonder if there's a default pw to access sip and sipothers?
hondoslack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope. and certain evil telco will not give it to you either. if it was never provisioned, you won't have an authentication key, or password. when you get your new service, you can use the values they give in those fields.

linksys basically just built the things for them, and "they" programmed everything else, thus linksys can't help, as much as they'd like to. I use voipyourlife.com, haven't had any problems. not sure if we're supposed to name companies here or not, but I like them. You can even just x-lite if you're traveling (or any SIP softphone), and they have a lot of features There are lots of providers out there though, just make sure you go with a flexible one.

BTW, the password really doesn't help much anyway. With the hacked pages, you're in.
novicefoot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27    Post subject: it is not working on mine Reply with quote
how can we run a perl scipt?

I found something that seems relevant in the bellow link :

http://blog.aaltonen.us/2005/11/21/voip-hacks-att-callvantage-unleashed/

but the method of hondoslack is far more easyest ,even if it is not working for my WRT54GP2A-AT firmware version 1.00.31

Last edited by novicefoot on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:45; edited 1 time in total
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: