2 Routers (virtual interface Guest wireless) issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
Unrealism
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:34    Post subject: 2 Routers (virtual interface Guest wireless) issue Reply with quote
I have decided to add an additional Netgear R7000 router in the house to act as a secondary AP 192.168.1.2 (GREEN). My home has some Ethernet runs. However, my main router is upstairs 192.168.1.1 (ORANGE) in a utility closet with the modem next to a furnace (not good for Wifi btw).

My secondary Netgear R7000 is downstairs 192.168.1.2 (GREEN) and setup for a AP with a Ethernet connection to the main router. I did not want to link them wirelessly as a repeater bridge.

Here is my dilemma, I think I am having a bridging issue. But I can not figure it out. My main router I setup a virtual interface and called it Guest with address 192.168.2.1. I want it isolated from my internal network so I have net isolation on, and it is unbridged. I provided it to assign DHCP of 192.168.2.100 - .105. And it works just fine for the main router (ORANGE).

My AP (GREEN) works fine with repeating the wireless signals, etc.. however I can not get the GUEST virtual interface to obtain a address from the main router since I have DHCP disabled on the AP. Aside from that it all works fine.

Any thoughts? I will provide a screenshot of both routers. My Router has a orange interface and is .1. My AP is green interface and is .2.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: