WHR-G54S Bridge to point to point device?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hammick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:19    Post subject: WHR-G54S Bridge to point to point device? Reply with quote
Hello. Newbie here. I have successfully flashed my Buffalo WHR-G54S router to the latest DD-WRT micro firmware. Lots of bridge options which is great.

I'm trying to figure out how to connect a fixed IP wireless device to my network. I don't own the device yet and it will be at a vacation place so I'm trying to do my homework in advance.

Device will be a wireless generator auto start wifi module. It has a fixed IP address with a password. It is a direct connection device with no ability to connect to a home network and it does not have an ethernet port. WIFI only. You connect to it with a smartphone, tablet or laptop with a direct WiFi connection. Once connected you browse to it's IP address for browser control and monitoring.

I want to connect (bridge?)it to my Hughesnet router (I also have a mesh system router) so I can remotely start the generator by logging into my network and monitor it.

I have a little bit of experience with network bridges. I use a Netgear N300 extender to connect a verizon hotspot to a DirecTV box. Wondering if I can use the flashed WHR-G54S to do this or maybe buy another Netgear N300 extender.

Is what I am trying to do possible? Thanks for any help!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: