Nexet DD-WRT Novice Joined: 12 Jan 2020 Posts: 1
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 13:51 Post subject: firmware Belkin F9K1118 v1 / AC1800
Hi everyone, a few years ago I installed the ddwrt firmware on this router, now that I have one I would like to reinstall the firmware, now it has the original, where can I find it?
egc DD-WRT Guru Joined: 18 Mar 2014 Posts: 4843 Location: Netherlands
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 14:07 Post subject:
welcome to the forum
Below some pointers which might help to get the best out of DDWRT and out of the forum:
1. Research your router, start with the supported devices wiki:
2. In the supported devices wiki you can see if your router is supported and what architecture your router has and if you are lucky also an install guide/wiki.
3. Post in the right forum, from the former step you can see if your router is Broadcom, Qualcomm/Atheros, Marvell or other, use that forum to post router specific questions, for networking questions post in the Advanced Networking forum and for other things in the General Questions forum.
4. When posting always state router model, build number and when applicable the Kernel version.
Describe your problem and how you think it can be solved.
Give as much detail as you can also provide your network setup if applicable.
For your Network setup, state what wiki you have used: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
5. When posting pictures make sure the maximum width is not more than 600 pixels.
6. Do not hijack a thread, meaning do not post your own problem in someone else's thread. Just start your own thread. This so that it can be searched and found by others.
7. If your post is answered and your problem solved, mark your thread with [SOLVED] (the header of your first post).
8. Do NOT use the router database, builds can be found at:
All builds are beta including those from the router database.
9. Before uploading a new build to your router, research the build by looking in the build threads.
This is an example of a build thread for build 41686 for Broadcom routers:
Search build threads with the search function and search on build number.
10. Use the build threads from the former step to report success or problems.
11. For older Broadcom routers (Linksys WRT54 and E series) read the peacock thread although some of it is outdated: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Builds can be found in the Broadcom directory for Linux kernel 2.4, in Broadcom_K26 for Linux K2.6 and in Broadcom_K3X for Linux K3.X.
12. If you are sure you have discovered a bug, after asking and querying the forum, you can report a real bug in the bug tracker: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/
This is also the place where the commits/changes to the source are administrated.
13. Recommended reading:
14. If you are happy with DDWRT and want it to live on then donate:
https://dd-wrt.com/donations/ _________________ Routers:Netgear R7800, Netgear R6400v1, Netgear R6400v2, Linksys EA6900 (XvortexCFE), Linksys E2000 (converted WRT320N), WRT54GS v1.
Install guide Linksys EA6900: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230
OpenVPN Policy Based Routing guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686
Install guide R6400v2: http://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
OpenVPN Server Setup: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318795
Install guide R7800: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320614
Wireguard Setup guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135
jwh7 DD-WRT Guru Joined: 25 Oct 2013 Posts: 2456 Location: Indy
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 22:07 Post subject: Re: firmware Belkin F9K1118 v1 / AC1800
Nexet wrote: a few years ago I installed the ddwrt firmware on this router, now that I have one I would like to reinstall the firmware, now it has the original, where can I find it? You're saying you've installed DD on this model in the past? It's not a supported model., but the techinfodepot page mentions the PCB is the same as the Buffalo WZR-D1800H, which is supported. Ring any bells? That's all I see; I wouldn't try it if you don't want to brick it though. Let us know though if you do. _________________ # NAT/ SFE/CTF: limited speed w/ DD # Repeater issues # DD-WRT info: FAQ, Builds, Types, Modes, Changes, Demo #
x64 OPNsense 20.1.1| FT2020.1: EA6900v1.1@1GHz, F7D8302| DD | r42400: DIR-810L, R6300v1, WNDR4500v2 & 4000@533,
RT-N66U@663, E1500@353, WRT54*@250: GLv1.1 nsg, GSv6 µ OpenWRT: R6220, WNDR3700v4 trunk ath79 k4.19