[Delete] Can't Network from Linux to Windows on DD-WRT Rtr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Herondas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 23:19    Post subject: [Delete] Can't Network from Linux to Windows on DD-WRT Rtr Reply with quote
As I am suspending any further work with DD-WRT and going to a different solution for DNSmasq in my LAN - this post can be deleted.

I would delete it but cannot find a way to do it.

- - -

I thought this was a ping issue but have confirmed that no network applications initiated from Linux can connect to Windows. This was verified by Linux wired to the DD-WRT router and trying to mount a Windows share that works with Netgear firmware and the same Linux systems. I am out of ideas and tests to run. This is a show stopper with DD-WRT in my LAN.

- - -
I have Windows 7 wired to the R6700v3 and two Linux laptops wireless connected.

Services/DHCP is configured with used domain as LAN & WLAN, and domain name XYZ. The Windows and Linux client systems /etc/hosts have no entries for any other system. The three clients have static ip leases with mac addresses.

NSLOOKUP on each shows the correct ip addr for the other two.

I can ping to hostname from Windows to the Linux systems but cannot ping to hostname from Linux to Windows.
Ping shows it is trying the correct ip addr (but does nothing and times out) which suggest the problem is not in local nameservice.

Last edited by Herondas on Fri Jan 08, 2021 20:13; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Herondas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 23:10    Post subject: More info: Nslookup: REFUSED Reply with quote
On Linux nslookup gives the right ip address for the Windows hostname, but ends with:

** server can't find win7sys.xyz: REFUSED

xyz is the domain name entered in DD-WRT /Services/DHCP Server Lan Domain (Used Domain set to LAN & WLAN).

Doesn't this suggest a domain search name setting in Linux? Linux Network Settings for the wireless connection details shows default route and DNS set to 192.168.0.2, the ip address of the DD-WRT router.

And Linux ping still fails to the right ip address.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: