YAMon 3.4 - usage monitoring for your router

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
Im looking to start using Yamon again after nearly a years absence.. I have incomplete data for the period when I last used it, how do I clear the logs/stats down so that I restart with a fresh clean sheet?

In your browser, open the reports, go to the Settings tab and click Reset Settings (or delete the localStorage variable... steps to do that are browser dependent.

That should be sufficient... I think

Al
Sponsor
wolff215
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 16:59    Post subject: Strange Problem Reply with quote
I had a strange problem occur after updating to 3.4.7 on the March 5. Everything that isn't a Samsung device appears to be going into the Unknown Mac category. It is possible that a few Samsung devices are stuck into Unknown as well, I just know that the devices showing as having used data in the reports are Samsung devices.

I should have noticed this sooner, but I hadn't checked my usage in a few weeks.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 16:09    Post subject: Re: Strange Problem Reply with quote
wolff215 wrote:
I had a strange problem occur after updating to 3.4.7 on the March 5. Everything that isn't a Samsung device appears to be going into the Unknown Mac category. It is possible that a few Samsung devices are stuck into Unknown as well, I just know that the devices showing as having used data in the reports are Samsung devices.

I should have noticed this sooner, but I hadn't checked my usage in a few weeks.

Huh?!? Did you update users.js or are all of your device customizations done only in the browser?

If the former, you might be able to find a prior version of users.js in your daily backups (if that option is enabled)... you'd find them in /opt/YAMon3/dailybu (I think)

If the latter, it sounds like something messed up your localStorage variable (and I don't know of a way to recover from that). If you have the db integration option turned on, I might be able to find a prior version (although I don't recall if I ever build a change log for that).

I'm really confused by what is going on... more info please. PM if you prefer (or send details to questions@usage-monitoring.com)
wolff215
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 20:49    Post subject: Re: Strange Problem Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
wolff215 wrote:

Huh?!? Did you update users.js or are all of your device customizations done only in the browser?

If the former, you might be able to find a prior version of users.js in your daily backups (if that option is enabled)... you'd find them in /opt/YAMon3/dailybu (I think)

If the latter, it sounds like something messed up your localStorage variable (and I don't know of a way to recover from that). If you have the db integration option turned on, I might be able to find a prior version (although I don't recall if I ever build a change log for that).

I'm really confused by what is going on... more info please. PM if you prefer (or send details to questions@usage-monitoring.com)

I've gone back to prior version of users.js, but they get changed whenever I restart YAMon, I can send you the before and after in PM, I've also reset the localStorage and still has no effect. I glanced through the log files and it appears that it thinks all my data is running through one MAC address.

I'm running merlin firmware on my router, I made no changes to the settings there before things started to go haywire. The only change that was made was updating to 3.4.7.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all, I recently installed YAMon to try it out but since I haven't been using it much, I decided to remove it.

I removed the startup and shutdown commands and unmounted my USB drive which contained all of the scripting, per the instructions.

However, in looking at my iptables, I'm not seeing any rules related to YAMon. Is that normal? It looks like it didn't add anything to my firewall rules that I can tell.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:
Hey all, I recently installed YAMon to try it out but since I haven't been using it much, I decided to remove it.

I removed the startup and shutdown commands and unmounted my USB drive which contained all of the scripting, per the instructions.

However, in looking at my iptables, I'm not seeing any rules related to YAMon. Is that normal? It looks like it didn't add anything to my firewall rules that I can tell.

Normal. Cold boot the router and you are good to go.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
htismaqe wrote:

Normal. Cold boot the router and you are good to go.

Okay cool. I looked through all of the tables and didn't find anything other than the defaults and my own manual entries for other stuff. So I power cycled the router and it appears YAMon is gone. Thanks for the quick response.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just installed 3.4.7 onto a DIR-890L running Kong's 38750M. When I open the YAMon webpage, I get the following error:
Code:
users_created is not defined... there is likely an error in your users.js

Also, setting device names doesn't seem to work, and I get weird MACs with #'s in front of them. Not sure what I did wrong...

Looking at the output from the startup script in SSH, I see the following:
Code:
iptables v1.3.7: host/network `24h' not found

Looking more deeply at this, I think the problem is that I have commented lines in my dnsmasq options. Some lines start with a comment (e.g., #dhcp-host=...). In other cases, I have comments at the end of a valid line (e.g., dhcp-host=MAC,IP # Comment here). I've also got some interface-specific declarations, with duplicate MACs (i.e., dhcp-host=br1,MAC1,... and dhcp-host=br0,MAC1,...)

I suppose I am going to have to manually edit my users.js file in order to get this thing working, won't I?

Something else which seems amiss is the dhcp-host=Name,IP format. It's putting the name into the MAC field.

Uggg, I can manually edit it, but it all gets blown away on a restart and it goes back to garbage data

Last edited by aaronburro on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:37; edited 2 times in total
spherular
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of my daily data files has corrupt and I can't get the data to load. Is there an easy way to fix the file or do I just delete whats left of the .js file and live with it?

Thanks
aaronburro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a way to disable reading in the DnsMasq config file until the bugs I am experience are fixed?

In the meantime, I have some suggestions for how to improve the existing logic.

1) Check the value of the items parsed from the config. If something doesn't look like a MAC or an IP address, log it.
    2) Instead of adding duplicates to the users.js and appending " (dup)", just log that a duplicate was found
    3) Use the interfaces on the router to see if a dhcp-host or dhcp-option is interface-specific
    4) Strip all comments from the config before parsing

Here is a quick list of items I found in the nvram

landevs - lists all the devices on the lan (vlan1, wl0, etc))
    bridges - lists all the bridge devices
    lan_ifnames - lists all the interfaces on the lan (vlan1, eth0, etc)
    <wlanIf>_vifs - lists the VAP interfaces for wireless interface <wlanIf> (wl0.1, wl0.2, etc)
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
aaronburro wrote:
Is there a way to disable reading in the DnsMasq config file until the bugs I am experience are fixed?

Remove your comments.

There are no "comments" in my config and it works fine.

scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've currently got a Netgear R7000, which is great, but I am unable to get more than 200mb through it without disabling the "Shortcut Forwarding Engine".. Enabling this stops Yamon from working.

Can somebody please tell me what kind of speed they manage to get from their Netgear R7500 with the SFE disabled?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
I've currently got a Netgear R7000, which is great, but I am unable to get more than 200mb through it without disabling the "Shortcut Forwarding Engine".. Enabling this stops Yamon from working.

Can somebody please tell me what kind of speed they manage to get from their Netgear R7500 with the SFE disabled?

When I had 150Mb the R7000 was fine.
When I had 300Mb the R7000 was replaced with the R7800.
When I got 1Gb the R7800 struggled and I got the R9000.

The R7800 is well supported and a better router than the R7500 for less than 1Gb speeds.

I bought and repaired 5 broken R9000's on Ebay to use as a main no radio router, 4 wired AP's as a test bed.

ShadowKitty42
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone please help me with this issue?
I just set it up yesterday, everything appears to be working.
I have devices showing up correct and usage is being monitored, but the amounts seem to be incorrect and I don't know what to do to fix it.

https://prnt.sc/ndg8ow

As you can see from the picture, the usage totaled up by my devices is nowhere near what the router is showing.

If it helps, my setup is a Comcast Xfinity router which goes to my Linksys WRT32X with DD-WRT Build 39296.
SFE, Privoxy, and UPnP are all turned off already.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed I mistyped the build number for DD-WRT. It's the latest version.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi 42

Is your Xfinity router set to bridge mode? Should be.

A look at your Yamon config.file may give us a clue.

Last edited by ddaniel51 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 44, 45, 46  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 28 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: