Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not selected and not visible.
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Not selected and not visible.
Thx... likely a JS error in the reports. Should be a quick fix.

If you use and like YAMon and have not done so recently, please consider making a donation - thanks!
YAMon GitHub Repository
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your Router Tally nag will not stay away on both 3 & 4 irregardless of clicking yes or no.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Based upon feedback at the YAMon Facebook page, I have added a Dark Mode option in YAMon v4 (yes, you must be running the new version to get this feature).

To upgrade from v3.x, see https://usage-monitoring.com/installv4.php

If you already have v4, you will have to update your yamon4.0.html file (which normally lives in /opt/YAMon4/www/). To get the latest version of this file, go to https://usage-monitoring.com/installv4.php. Alternatively, re-run install.sh (On the plus side, this'll make sure that all of your files are up-to-date)

Once you have the new file in place, you'll finda new 'Dark Mode' checkbox on the `Settings` tab.

The CSS that controls the background colours for dark mode can be found at the bottom of yamon4.0.css (https://usage-monitoring.com/current/css/yamon4.0.css). If you want to tweak my first cut at these settings, copy the .darkmode rules into custom.css on your router (by default, in /opt/YAMon4/www/css/) and have fun. Please share your preferences so that we can make this better for everyone.

Thx!

Al

If you use and like YAMon and have not done so recently, please consider making a donation - thanks!
YAMon GitHub Repository
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe a stupid question, but I can't find the answer. Can you run version 3 besides version 4 or do you need to remove version 3 before you can run version 4?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but I can't find the answer. Can you run version 3 besides version 4 or do you need to remove version 3 before you can run version 4?

Not a bad question at all. Just another example of how you can drop balls as you roll out a new version of the software. My documentation is not quite up to date.

Short answer: Yes, you can run v3 & v4 simultaneously on your router (it will add to the load on your router but the two function entirely separately).

For v4, I deliberately added new directories, iptables entries, etc. so I that could validate the results in a simpler fashion. During the installation and setup process, you will be asked if you want to copy your settings and data files from v3 to v4 (I recommend you respond with yes).
I will update the online documentation to clarify this ASAP

The only conflict that I am currently aware of is that the last version of the script to launch gets the symlink to the report - i.e., if you launch v4 and then v3, http://192.168.1.1/user/index.html will point to the v3 reports; if you relaunch v4, the same URL will now point to the current reports. The following commands in a PuTTY (or equivalent terminal app) will add the links back to your reports (change the paths/filenames as appropriate for your installation):

Code:
[ -f "/tmp/www/old.html" ] && rm /tmp/www/old.html
ln -s /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.4.html /tmp/www/old.html

[ -f "/tmp/www/index.html" ] && rm /tmp/www/index.html
ln -s /opt/YAMon4/www/yamon4.0.html /tmp/www/index.html

I look forward to your feedback.

I would, however, recommend that you hold off installing v4 as I'm just about ready to push v4.0.5 from dev to current. I'll post another update here when it is ready.

Al

YAMon GitHub Repository
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 17:04    Post subject: YAMon 4.0.5 is available now Reply with quote
I just pushed v4.0.5 to the server... lots of little fixes (and one or two major). I think I'm about ready to finally drop the Beta designation and say it is ready to go. Feedback?

Re-run install.sh on your router to get the latest and greatest files or go to https://usage-monitoring.com/installv4.php

If you find any issues, please include screenshots and log files and all sorts of info that'll help me find/fix the problem.

Thanks for your continuing support and assistance.

Al

YAMon GitHub Repository
BR07H3R
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm installing on top of 3.4. It stops loading here what am I doing wrong?

px03afk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently found that one of my routers was struggling to the point where oom killer was complaining and so I have removed Yamon as I don't really need it. However it occurred to me that part of the problem is that everything is happening on the router itself and my configuration may have been adding slightly to the issue, although I suspect the performance overhead is relatively small.

I mount filestore from a linux server on to my router and all of Yamon is on the server. It works OK, but I have been running for about a year so maybe the volume of data is part of the problem.

However, what occurred to me was that maybe Yamon could be split into two parts. A capture function which simply grabs whatever data it needs and adds it to the files and then a completely independent GUI function which can run anywhere and could therefore be hosted by the server which is holding the captured data. The GUI function should also do whatever is necessary in terms of file handling so that the part on the router is only capturing data.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
BR07H3R wrote:

You're probably doing nothing wrong. Please try loading the reports again. There was a consistency issue between the JS & CSS files in /dev & /current... it appears that I missed the fact that some of the files were not updated properly.

I've added some admin/utility code to hopefully prevent that from occuring again.

If your reports still do not load properly, also check the installation validation steps at https://usage-monitoring.com/v4-beta.php to see if anything else is going wrong.

Sorry for the grief!

Al

YAMon GitHub Repository
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
px03afk wrote:
I recently found that one of my routers was struggling to the point where oom killer was complaining and so I have removed Yamon as I don't really need it. However it occurred to me that part of the problem is that everything is happening on the router itself and my configuration may have been adding slightly to the issue, although I suspect the performance overhead is relatively small.

I mount filestore from a linux server on to my router and all of Yamon is on the server. It works OK, but I have been running for about a year so maybe the volume of data is part of the problem.

However, what occurred to me was that maybe Yamon could be split into two parts. A capture function which simply grabs whatever data it needs and adds it to the files and then a completely independent GUI function which can run anywhere and could therefore be hosted by the server which is holding the captured data. The GUI function should also do whatever is necessary in terms of file handling so that the part on the router is only capturing data.

Thanks for the feedback! Without a doubt, YAMon *will* add load to your server. I've done whatever I can think of to reduce that load as much as possible. Is it perhaps time for a new router Smile?

YAMon is effectively split into two distinct parts already. There are the bash scripts which run in the Linux instance on your router... those files capture the device traffic and structure it into the data files. By default, those data files live on the USB drive on your router; you can, however set an absolute path to another share/location on your network. I have built (and then abandoned) an option to send your data files via FTP to a completely separate server. I've not included that functionality in YAMon v4 because I've found that very few firmware variants actually include ftp commands. It would be really quite simple to add that back into the mix.

The YAMon reports represent the other half of the equation - i.e, the ability to view the traffic captured in the data files. ATM the http server which renders those views is on your router; as is the the primary HTML file. Most of the JS and CSS files are hosted at my web site because that allows me to quickly fix errors without you having to update things on your router. It would be very simple for you to copy that file to an HTTP server on another machine but it would be a little more complicated to maintain the links back to the data files. If everything was FTP'd to the secondary server, then the process would be relatively seamless but for the fact that few firmware variants allow you to FTP.

I did built a prototype of another YAMon variant which sent all of the data to a central database server... While my current ISP does allow me to have an unlimited number of separate databases, it has crippled the capability to auto-create them meaning that I would have to add a database for every user by hand. Another option would be to mash everyone's data into one large table but I did not think that would fly (or necessarily scale)

Does this help at all?

YAMon GitHub Repository
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
BR07H3R wrote:

Please try loading the reports again...

And also take a look at the validation steps at https://usage-monitoring.com/v4-beta.php

Thx

Al

YAMon GitHub Repository
px03afk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Al. I already have the data on my server as the Yamon directory is mounted on the router from the server. A while ago I tried to run the GUI from the server, having linked my web service to the yamon directory, and have just tried it again. The gui starts up but then complains about not being able to find the devices file from data3/users.js. I tried linking data to data3 (as there is no data3 directory) and giving full permissions to both the directory and the file but still it won't load.

As you say, it may be that I need a more powerful router if I want to run yamon but I would still be interested in getting this split system working.
BR07H3R
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas Al?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
We having fun yet? I stopped and restarted Y3 in console and this is what I got..

___ ___ __ ___ ___
\\\\ //// //\\ ||||\ /|||| _____ __ ____
\\\\ //// ///\\\ ||||\\//|||| ///|\\\ ||//|\\\
\\\'/// ////\\\\ ||||\\//|||| ////^\\\\ |||/^\|||
\\|// //// \\\\ |||| \/ |||| ||| ||| ||| |||
//// //////\\\\\\ |||| |||| \\\\.//// ||| |||
//// //// \\\\|||| |||| \\\|/// ||| |||

Yet Another Monitor (v: 3.4.7)
Copyright (c) 2013-present Al Caughey
All rights reserved.
http://usage-monitoring.com

*** _includeIPv6 changed to 0 because the installed version of the ip function
does not support IPv6 or the neigh parameter.
*** Please check your config.file and/or your version of busybox.

18:04:37 1 YAMon:: version 3.4.7 _loglevel: 1
18:04:37 1 Installed firmware: DD-WRT 41892 std
18:04:37 1 _logfilename-->/opt/logs/monitor3.4.7-2020-01-06.log
18:04:38 1 _macUsageDB exists--> /opt/data/2019/12/2019-12-mac_data.js
18:04:38 1 Path found OK for /www/user --> no link needed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Your reports URL: http://192.168.1.1/user/index.html
~ (subject to some firmware variant oddities)
~ If your reports do not open properly, see
~ http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=reports-help
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18:04:38 1 Reports URL: http://192.168.1.1/user/index.html
\n**********************************************************\n*** `yamon3.4.7.sh` has been started\n**********************************************************\n\nTo stop the script:\n * run `shutdown.sh` [*RECOMMENDED*]\n e.g., `/opt/yamon/shutdown.sh`\n * or delete the `/tmp/YAMon3.4-running` directory\n e.g., `rmdir /tmp/YAMon3.4-running`
18:04:51 1 === Getting a local copy of JS & CSS files === 1
18:04:55 99 YAMon was started
18:04:55 1 Using ip to detect active IP/MAC combinations
18:04:55 1 >>> Delaying 5s to align updates
18:04:55 1 >>> Starting main loop

___ ___ __ ___ ___
\\\\ //// //\\ ||||\ /|||| _____ __ ____
\\\\ //// ///\\\ ||||\\//|||| ///|\\\ ||//|\\\
\\\'/// ////\\\\ ||||\\//|||| ////^\\\\ |||/^\|||
\\|// //// \\\\ |||| \/ |||| ||| ||| ||| |||
//// //////\\\\\\ |||| |||| \\\\.//// ||| |||
//// //// \\\\|||| |||| \\\|/// ||| |||

Yet Another Monitor (v: 4.0.5)
Copyright (c) 2013-present Al Caughey
All rights reserved.
https://usage-monitoring.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44, 45, 46  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 37 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: