YAMon 3.4 - usage monitoring for your router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:22    Post subject: New YANon v4 thread Reply with quote
I'm at a point where I think YAMon V4 is ready for a larger testing audience.

I've started a new thread for it... See https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321690

I've also started a new page where I will be (eventually) post details & updates... https://usage-monitoring.com/v4-beta.php

Thanks for your continuing help

Al
Sponsor
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 20:35    Post subject: YaMON and Static Routes Reply with quote
Short version of my question: Should I expect YaMON to be able to pick up on traffic that is on a Static Route?

More info (or too much info):
Router r7800; DD-WRT v3.0-r35900M kongat ( 05/08/18 ); YaMON 3.4.7. Static Route assigned via Setup / Advanced / Static Routing using Interface “LAN & WLAN” and LAN IP 192.168.1.253. The route goes to a GSM7224v2 router with 2 VLANs behind it. Traffic is working just fine, and I would be fine with seeing the total traffic on 192.168.1.253 – not so worried about a traffic breakdown on the VLANs on that path.

As FYI, my main LAN is 192.168.1.xxx and I have 3 VLANs behind the r7800 (192.168.20.xxx, 192.168.30.xxx, and 192.168.40.xxx). All of this has been working for a couple of years and YaMON monitors and reports traffic on all the devices on this setup including the r7800 VLANs. I’m experimenting with the GSM7224v2 behind my r7800 because I frequently help friends by repairing their PCs/Laptops and I didn’t want to expose my networks to possible viruses and malware that might be on those devices. So, since all my r7800 VLANs were in use for home purposes I thought I might be able to add a couple more VLANs with the GSM.

YaMON does see the GSM on 192.168.1.253, and YaMON records a small amount of traffic on that route (probably the SNTP activity), but doesn’t see any of the traffic generated on the VLANs even though it is in the GB’s of traffic. From researching YaMON threads going way back I sometimes get the impression it should see the traffic, and other times perhaps not (because perhaps a static route isn’t going through the router???).

Looking forward to moving on to YaMON 4 when the smart guys doing Beta testing give a bunch of thumbs up. YaMON continues to be an amazing addition to the toolbox.

Thanks
Mike
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 Display posts from previous:    Page 36 of 36
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: