BarkingSpider
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
BarkingSpider wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:
BarkingSpider wrote:
BarkingSpider wrote:
Hey Al -
Just upgraded to YAMon3.3.4 and have some strange entries on the Summary Report and on the Groups / Devices tab. I'm seeing many "INCOMPLETE-xx" entries.
Any ideas on what this is?

I have tried to remove them from the user.js, but they keep getting added back.

This just keeps getting worse. Now I have 35 Incomplete entries

Turn IPV6 off in config.file.

_includeIPv6='0'

That was going to be my next attempt. Are there issues with YAMon and IPv6?

Well, it's not limited to IPv6. Got incomplete with IPv4

Well, hummmm....Maybe this is the problem: I discovered an old entry in my port-forward settings that had 192.168.1.140 entry enabled. This was a leftover from other services that I no longer have. I have now removed that entry. Could this also affect the IPv6 incomplete?

Well, guess not. I now have an incomplete-2 just entered. No ip/mac

YAM344_7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.56 KB
 Viewed:  4241 Time(s)

YAM344_7.jpg

YAM344_8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.51 KB
 Viewed:  4241 Time(s)

YAM344_8.jpg

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Took a look at my users.js and have a few incompletes in it too. These are something new that has been introduced to the mix in the last few weeks. Before that there were "unknowns". I assigned them Zombies as their owner until Al figures out where they are coming from. That's providing Al hasn't had a breakdown and shot his computer of course.

You could back up to one of the 3.3 versions on the manual install page and see if it works better for you.

Dave

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 13:26    Post subject: Sorry for going dark Reply with quote
I needed a little break and got busy with some other activities... back at things now. It'll take me some time to dig through the recent messages

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
BarkingSpider wrote:
Hey Al -
Just upgraded to YAMon3.3.4 and have some strange entries on the Summary Report and on the Groups / Devices tab. I'm seeing many "INCOMPLETE-xx" entries.

see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=incomplete-mac

<dw2c>(didn't want to click)...
The way that the code works is that calls to arp/ip identify all of the mac/ip combinations on the router. In the past, failed and incomplete entries were simply ignored but I found that there can actually be traffic with those entries. But without an entry in `users.js`, there was no way to account for that traffic in the reports.

So... now if the ip associated with an incomplete mac matches an existing (and active) entry in users.js, the incomplete mac is changed to the value in users.js. If there is no match, a new incomplete entry is added to added to users.js.

Are all of your incompletes IPv6? It could be that things have to be updated somewhat for that protocol I know only a little about v6 and my ISP does not provide it so I'm flying a little blind.

Al
aloss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 14:36    Post subject: Tip: workaround to restart YAMon periodically Reply with quote
Since I installed release 3.4 I've noticed strange behavior with YAMon that stops fetching data, forcing me to restart YAMon, but the data history is definitely lost.
Looking at logs, it looks like YAMon is trying to add rules somewhere and keeps trying without success indeterminately.
I'm running YAMon on Linksys WRT3200ACM, with the latest version of DD-WRT running on it (35681, because the newer ones are bugged). I have already forwarded the logs for Al's analysis.

However, I am registering here to share the problem with you who may be going through a similar situation and to suggest a workaround tip I am using to get around the problem until it is solved by some new version of YAMon or DD-WRT.

What I'm doing is restarting YAMon every 2 hours, keeping it alive. For this, I'm using the following cron job (i.e.:Administration-->Management-->Cron):
Cron: enabled
Additional Cron Jobs:
15 * / 2 * * * root /opt/YAMon3/restart.sh

This causes YAMon to restart at 00h15, 02h15, 04h15 ...

I hope this tip can help some of you.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
BarkingSpider wrote:
Hey Al -

The way that the code works is that calls to arp/ip identify all of the mac/ip combinations on the router. In the past, failed and incomplete entries were simply ignored but I found that there can actually be traffic with those entries. But without an entry in `users.js`, there was no way to account for that traffic in the reports.

So... now if the ip associated with an incomplete mac matches an existing (and active) entry in users.js, the incomplete mac is changed to the value in users.js. If there is no match, a new incomplete entry is added to added to users.js.

Are all of your incompletes IPv6? It could be that things have to be updated somewhat for that protocol I know only a little about v6 and my ISP does not provide it so I'm flying a little blind.

Al

BTW - In v3.4.5 (which I've been running for a while on my routers), I've added a new setting that might fix this for you... stay tuned.

Al
Bricoleur
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since a last version 3.4.4, I noticed two problems:

1 - when I run install.sh or h2m.sh I obtain this error on a script :
sed: bad option in substitution expression

2 - In config.file I’m obligate to change
these 4 next red methods that refuse to work:
_configWWW='config$_file_version.js'
_configWWW="config$_file_version.js"
_configWWW='"config$_file_version.js"'
_configWWW="'config$_file_version.js'"

only blue next method work fine:
_configWWW='config3.4.js'

Does a problem #2 is a result of a problem #1 ?

My hardware and firmware:
router='Dlink-DIR880L'
firmware='DD-WRT 7.14.89.21 (r524987) mini'
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bricoleur wrote:
Since a last version 3.4.4, I noticed two problems:

1 - when I run install.sh or h2m.sh I obtain this error on a script :
sed: bad option in substitution expression

2 - In config.file I’m obligate to change
these 4 next red methods that refuse to work:
_configWWW='config$_file_version.js'
_configWWW="config$_file_version.js"
_configWWW='"config$_file_version.js"'
_configWWW="'config$_file_version.js'"

only blue next method work fine:
_configWWW='config3.4.js'

Does a problem #2 is a result of a problem #1 ?

My hardware and firmware:
router='Dlink-DIR880L'
firmware='DD-WRT 7.14.89.21 (r524987) mini'

For issue #1, can you set
_log2file='2'
_loglevel='0'
in your config,file and then run h2m.sh and send a screenshot...

It might also be helpful to set loglevel='-1' and re-run h2m.sh and send a screenshot

Thanks!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
mac913 wrote:
After the upgrade you need to reboot the router.

Im pretty sure I had.. anyway, I rebooted again, and I still appear to have multiple instances of YAMon running.. Shutting it down does stop it from running.

Let me try to resolve this before worrying about missing data - the 2 might be linked..

Can somebody please give me some pointers as to:

1) identify if multiple are running
2) identify how the second one is ran?

the way that I check to see if YAMon is running is to
1. open a PuTTY window
2. enter `ps | grep -v grep | grep yamon`

NB - the main YAMon script occasionally spawns sub-process so you may see a couple of entries when you run the command but they should go away if you run it again.

In theory, you should *not* be able to launch two instances of the same version of YAMon but I've managed to do that on occasion (but usually only when stopping and restarting the script in rapid succession)...

Al
gLeW
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I just installed Yamon, along with a clean installation of DDWRT on a linksys EA8500.

Everything is perfect expecto for the following.

The total MB measurement used matches that of ddwrt.

But the individual measurement of each device connected to the network is measuring it badly.

Here I leave some images as it says that the Router used about 430MB but the devices connected to the network only 2.39.

With one of the computers download a row of 100MB but it does not appear in that equipment or in any of them and I imagine that it is computed to the router.

Is there something wrong? or because it does not measure how much Internet consumes each device connected to the router.

[img][/img]

Screenshot (5).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.21 KB
 Viewed:  4081 Time(s)

Screenshot (5).png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
gLeW wrote:
Hello, I just installed Yamon, along with a clean installation of DDWRT on a linksys EA8500.

But the individual measurement of each device connected to the network is measuring it badly.

Here I leave some images as it says that the Router used about 430MB but the devices connected to the network only 2.39.

With one of the computers download a row of 100MB but it does not appear in that equipment or in any of them and I imagine that it is computed to the router.

Is there something wrong? or because it does not measure how much Internet consumes each device connected to the router.

[img][/img]

Does this help? http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=data-differences
BarkingSpider
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
al_c wrote:
BarkingSpider wrote:
Hey Al -

Al

BTW - In v3.4.5 (which I've been running for a while on my routers), I've added a new setting that might fix this for you... stay tuned.

Al

Yes, all of them are on IPv6. I had one on IPv4 with an IP address. I traced that down to a bad PORT-FORWARD. This was used for FTP passive port. The server is running, but passive was being re-directed to a non-existent IPv4. I have corrected that entry and now only have two imcompletes. I did turn off IPv6 in YAMon and deleted all those incompletes for IPv6. The two I think for IPv4 are still there, but so far, only the two.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
gLeW wrote:

[img][/img]

Thanks its working perfect.
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 17:40    Post subject: Re: Tip: workaround to restart YAMon periodically Reply with quote
aloss wrote:
Since I installed release 3.4 I've noticed strange behavior with YAMon that stops fetching data, forcing me to restart YAMon, but the data history is definitely lost.
Looking at logs, it looks like YAMon is trying to add rules somewhere and keeps trying without success indeterminately.
I'm running YAMon on Linksys WRT3200ACM, with the latest version of DD-WRT running on it (35681, because the newer ones are bugged). I have already forwarded the logs for Al's analysis.

However, I am registering here to share the problem with you who may be going through a similar situation and to suggest a workaround tip I am using to get around the problem until it is solved by some new version of YAMon or DD-WRT.

What I'm doing is restarting YAMon every 2 hours, keeping it alive. For this, I'm using the following cron job (i.e.:Administration-->Management-->Cron):
Cron: enabled
Additional Cron Jobs:
15 * / 2 * * * root /opt/YAMon3/restart.sh

This causes YAMon to restart at 00h15, 02h15, 04h15 ...

I hope this tip can help some of you.

hi,

thanks for the input regarding cron jobs, i'm now having a similar concern..

previously with just the dsl connection and using the isp's modem not in bridge mode with the router (wrt 1200ac) i only get to restart yamon once in a week or maybe 2-3x in a month.

recently i upgraded from dsl to fiber connection and set the modem to bridge mode to the same router, keeping all previous dd-wrt settings unchanged and yamon, i now need to restart yamon on a daily basis because it just stops working at any random time of the day.

do you suggest having to restart yamon every 2 hours just like what you did? i'm planning to restart the script every 12 hours instead unfortunately i don't have knowledge about cron/scripts.

can i just simply replace 2 in your cron/script with 12 to have yamon restart every 12 hours?

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
gLeW wrote:
al_c wrote:
gLeW wrote:

[img][/img]

Thanks its working perfect.

Hi i aready disable the Shortcut Forwarding Engine, but i put some QOS Rules, and again the MB measuread its all in the router and not in each pc or cellpohone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: