Has anyone successfully hard reset D-link DIR-882?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
shawny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 22:20    Post subject: Has anyone successfully hard reset D-link DIR-882? Reply with quote
I have installed factory-to-ddwrt.bin released on 11/16/2017. After I made a change on D-link DIR-882 WAN port VLAN from vlan2 to vlan1, I am no longer able to ping/ssh/http router's LAN IP address. I cannot login the router now. the only way is to do a hard reset.

1. 30-30-30 hard reset doesn't work.
2. Try to hold reset and power on the router, it gets power LED blinking in orange. I am not sure what it means. I don't know what to do from here.

I appreciate your experience of reseting DIR-882!

Thanks!
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you hold the reset button while turning on the router till the power led blinks orange, you are now in the d-link emergency room.
Go to 192.168.0.1 on your browser. You should be able to upload the d-link firmware.
Google d-link emergency room.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome! Yes, I was able to get D-link Recovery Mode page http://192.168.0.1 for me to upload D-link firmware. Thanks for the tip! But I did not try to move forward, because I was able to login dd-wrt web interface from wireless by manually set my laptop a static IP and clear the nvram. So I am good now.
An other unknown is that to load D-link firmware back to router, did the dd-wrt settings in nvram get cleared? If not, what problem, or fix to expect?

Thank you so much!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nor exactly sure what you are asking but to clear the nvram once on dd-wrt just used the reset to factory default option or telnet into the router and type erase nvram.

Navigation

Jump to: