Unable to login Windows 10 StoreApp after DD-WRT install

xJDAx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 18:26    Post subject: Unable to login Windows 10 StoreApp after DD-WRT install Reply with quote
I am unable to login Windows 10 apps like the store and xbox after installing DD-WRT on my linksys wrt 1900ac

Everything else seems to work fine. I am able to browse the internet play games etc. but I can not long into the MSStore and XboxApp. Each telling me that I need to be connected to the internet. "Troubleshooting" the Internet Connection finds the following error...

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection

The device or resource (web proxy) is not set up to accept connections on port "8118".
Sponsor
droopie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
i got this same issue after trying out adblock then disabling it. i get this after disabling adblock on ddwrt and i dont know how to clear it.

edit: on windows "proxy settings" from the start menu, under Automatic proxy settings, i turned off Automatically detect settings and it seems to have fixed my issue.

Last edited by droopie on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:14; edited 1 time in total
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:14    Post subject: Re: Unable to login Windows 10 StoreApp after DD-WRT install Reply with quote
xJDAx wrote:
I am unable to login Windows 10 apps like the store and xbox after installing DD-WRT on my linksys wrt 1900ac

Everything else seems to work fine. I am able to browse the internet play games etc. but I can not long into the MSStore and XboxApp. Each telling me that I need to be connected to the internet. "Troubleshooting" the Internet Connection finds the following error...

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection

The device or resource (web proxy) is not set up to accept connections on port "8118".

More info needed. DD-WRT build number installed would be a good start. If it is 40559, then you are using a bad build to begin with. You can find newer builds here:
https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas%2F2020%2F

Netgear R7800 (WDS-AP, WAP, VAP) - DD-WRT r53562
Features in use: multiple VLANs over single trunk port

Linksys EA8500 WDS Station x2 - DD-WRT r53562

Netgear R6400v2 WAP, VAP 2.4ghz only w/VLANs over single trunk port.

OSes: Fedora 38, 9 RPis (2,3,4,5), 20 ESP8266s: Straight from Amiga to Linux in '94, never having owned a Windows PC.

Forum member #248
RotoBill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
edit: on windows "proxy settings" from the start menu, under Automatic proxy settings, i turned off Automatically detect settings and it seems to have fixed my issue.

That worked for me... thanks!
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
RotoBill wrote:

That worked for me... thanks!

You need to remember what you had changed before the problem came....

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
iotola
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:12    Post subject: Suddenly had the same problem Reply with quote
Strangely, I suddenly had exactly the same problem and this solution fixed mine and several other PCs in my house.

I have had dd-wrt running for years, I have been running version DD-WRT v3.0-r50786 since early November. I am not sure when the problem occurred as it doesn't affect everything but it certainly happened in the last 15 days.

Programs that failed include windows update, Onedrive, Outlook, RootsMagic. While other programs like Teams, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome all worked.

I think it might have been an MS update although I am not sure I didn't change something on dd-wrt given it's been 15 days since I am sure it was working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: