Asus RT-AC1900P - ? How to DD-WRT or Merlin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dlausche
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 17:42    Post subject: Asus RT-AC1900P - ? How to DD-WRT or Merlin? Reply with quote
What is the path to getting DD-WRT or Merlin on a new Asus RT-AC1900P router? This is the 1.4GHz CPU model from BestBuy. I have just finished the complicated procedure for a TM-AC1900 (T-Mobile) to get RT-AC68U firmware, downgrade the CFE, flash Merlin and then DD-WRT latest build for RT-AC68U but I am unsure if the same process will work on the RT-AC1900P model.

I do notice that there is a DD-WRT build specific for the RT-AC1900P model in the beta downloads.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a build for the rt-ac1900p. I've used it. You will have to put the router into recovery mode and flash it using the cfe mini web server.

As far as rmerlin it uses the same firmware for the rt-ac68u as do all the other variants.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
There is a build for the rt-ac1900p. I've used it. You will have to put the router into recovery mode and flash it using the cfe mini web server.

As far as rmerlin it uses the same firmware for the rt-ac68u as do all the other variants.

Thanks for the confirmation. Is the process just the same as for the TM-AC1900? On that I had to flash an older Asus firmware from RT-AC68U in order to enable telnet and then be able to downgrade the CFE so it is not locked to only newer Asus firmware images. Once I had the unlocked CFE I then used an older Merlin build to resize the rootfs partition from 32 to 64mb and after that the latest DD-WRT build for the AC68.
dlausche
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I guess I have the answer to my last question. The RT-AC1900P was super easy to get DD-WRT running on it. No complicated CFE steps necessary, just use the MiniCFE utility and flash directly to the DD-WRT build specific to the RT-AC1900P. Wow, this one was easy compared to the TM-AC1900!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry. Just saw this. Glad it's working.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
dlausche wrote:
Well, I guess I have the answer to my last question. The RT-AC1900P was super easy to get DD-WRT running on it. No complicated CFE steps necessary, just use the MiniCFE utility and flash directly to the DD-WRT build specific to the RT-AC1900P. Wow, this one was easy compared to the TM-AC1900!

Please point me in the direction of the firmware for the AC1900P. Its not on the site. Or are you using the AC68U firmware?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/03-26-2018-r35531/asus-rt-ac1900p/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having an issue accessing MiniCFE utility.
After holding reset while plugging in the router to enter recovery mode then accessing 192.168.1.1, I get nothing.

I'm able to successfully flash OEM firmware using Firmware Restoration from ASUS site after attempting to use that program to flash the DD-WRT Firmware which "bricked" the device.

Any thoughts?
reverandhans
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 19:10    Post subject: You have to clear the NVRAM Reply with quote
I was able to get it to run on my asus AC1900P router. I used the 44715 build. I used the routers default firmware upgrade tool. I then did a hard reboot. I then went to 192.168.1.1 after manually setting my IP to an address in that subnet, after a couple of minutes it opened to the asus miniCFE tool and I selected the option to use the default nvram. It then took a couple of minutes to erase the nvram. when the webpage said it was complete I rebooted the router and the DD-WRT Password Page came up.
kushwavez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The easiest way to flash is flashing trough AsusWRTs WebUI. Simple and working.
You don't need to mess with Firmware Restoration tool or MiniCFE.
Just flash it trough the webui and that's it.

After finished wait a bit, then restart the router with the WPS button held down for resetting NVRAM, and that's it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: