Security audit and belkinF5D8236-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Teljkon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09    Post subject: Security audit and belkinF5D8236-4 Reply with quote
So I have recently started down the road of getting into crypto currencies. As such its prompted me to do a slow but steady security audit of my network. Imagine my disappointment when I found out my D-link was basically the Swiss cheese of routers (no offense love your cheese).

https://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/62937/hacking/d-link-dir-850l-zero-day.html

Thank god and my hacker angel Eric that I don't have much on my network at this time and i encrypt my hard drives with TPM's when i can get them. In the interest of patching things up i pulled out my old Belkin F58236-v3. I was hoping it would be straight forward and one of the three chips on the board would be for managing the wireless. A quick drill bit threw it and bang i have a bullet proof LAN switch. Not the Ra link Rt3052f (processor) or the Etron Tech Em53816sts-6G (sdram) or the Macronix To90I45 (flash memory) are clearly in control of the wifi. So whats the shortest rout other than obviously pulling antennas off the thing to "truly: making this a recycled LAN switch.

Sorry for the long post for a noob question but God is in the details right.
Sponsor
Teljkon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
BTW I saw a couple R7000 discounted on amazon refurbished and used but still cheaper than usual. know that this is the Router of choice for you guys right now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00F0DD0I6/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1517292730&sr=8-2&keywords=r7000+nighthawk+smart+wireless+router
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: