The DEBRICKING of Netgear R8500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
soundwxve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm following this thread in hopes of a breakthrough.
Stock firmware no longer works, it constantly goes into a boot loop no matter what oem firmware i try.

I flashed Kong's firmware, from the old version up to the latest available version and its seems to boot and i could access the gui.

The only problem is that, only both my 5ghz bands are working. My 2ghz band doesn't work on any of the kong firmware.

My fingers are crossed that someone figures it out sometime soon.
Keep up the good work guys!
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
soundwxve wrote:
Stock firmware no longer works, it constantly goes into a boot loop no matter what oem firmware i try.

I flashed Kong's firmware, from the old version up to the latest available version and its seems to boot and i could access the gui.

The only problem is that, only both my 5ghz bands are working. My 2ghz band doesn't work on any of the kong firmware.

There is no solution. It's bad wifi chips. I have about 5 or 6 r8500 with this problem, a couple of rt-ac3100 and a couple of dir-885l. They all have the same wireless chips.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
soundwxve wrote:

There is no solution. It's bad wifi chips. I have about 5 or 6 r8500 with this problem, a couple of rt-ac3100 and a couple of dir-885l. They all have the same wireless chips.

Ohh, well thats really sad news. I was really hoping it was not a hardware problem and just really bad coding by netgear. sigh
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgot a coupel of rt-ac5300, same wireless chips, same problem of one or more missing wifi signals, or no channel setting available, or boot loop.
The common thread is the BCM4366.

Navigation

Jump to: