Low LAN/WLAN speeds compared to stock firmware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Vulkerino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 21:22    Post subject: Low LAN/WLAN speeds compared to stock firmware. Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have a Netgear R6400 and I flashed DD-WRT on it for the QoS capabilities. After flashing it on my router, I witnessed a significant decrease in speed in general (85%). Keep in mind I pay for 1gbps Down & Up and I have a fully fibre connection from the wall. My speeds from the wall are 900mbps down and 930mpbs up. On stock Netgear Genie firmware I get 850mbps down and 900mbps up (slight decrease but not noticeable. Now with DD-WRT flashed on it I get 150mbps down and 180 mbps. Am I configuring something wrong in the router? Does DD-WRT simply not support gigabit connections? Is there any other firmware that I can utilize that provides me with similar speeds to that of the stock firmware? Also my main goal with QoS is to reduce bufferbloat as much as possible as I play at highly competitive level.

Any help will be great! Thanks for reading.
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
the developers have decided to automatically disable QoS (not sure about PBR) whenever SFE is enabled (or maybe it's vice-versa, even I'm losing track)

Actually SFE is disabled if QOS is enabled ...wait it gets better ... The radio button next to SFE will still show as enabled even when it isn't.
Have to check 'lsmod' if want to know what is really still running.
But yet again, Kong builds (for IPQ806x routers .. not sure about his brcm builds) the SFE is still on when QOS is enabled but QOS only works for upload leaving DL wide open.
IMO, what I just mentioned would scare most normal newcomers .... or in the least make them wonder WTH is going on here Rolling Eyes

don't mind me ...just passing thru
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: