Not able to flash dd-wrt to the new Linksys wrt3200acm

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if you will lose your warranty.

I have already exhausted all possibilities.

R7800 and EA8500 are better supported hardware anyway.

Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon or Firefox ESR 45/52

Try a different browser.

You do understand this router has two partitions? I still don't know if you have uploaded this file from within Linksys web interface in order to remove OpenWRT from your router.

https://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.6.186168_prod.img
Sponsor
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since Linksys is promoting the WRT3200ACM router with DD-WRT support, so should it be this.

I know that the router has two partitions, and yesterday I installed according to the instructions for your Linksys software to factory OpenWRT is removed from the second section to which it was installed.

I'm going to try installing the r38159 DD-WRT version today and Pale moon browser.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried installing with Pale moon browser but can't install DD-WRT Sad

I also contacted Linksys support and they got that if the router case opens, the warranty will be void. So I can't even try USB-TTL serial cable because I would lose the WRT3200ACM router warranty.

I think I'm forced to return this WRT3200ACM to the store where I bought this. Then I'll replace this with a Netgear R7800 router.

I could also replace another WRT3200ACM router but there is a small risk that the DD-WRT could not be installed.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Marvell sold off their Wi-Fi assets and Linksys has not released an official update since January 2018. There is no activity on the mwlwifi driver github. The modern era Linksys WRT series is dead.

You are much better suited with R7800 with Atheros hardware. R7800 has many firmware options and best support all around.

If you can find a cheap used EA8500 that is also an option, as the hardware is almost identical to R7800 but with a slightly slower cpu. However, to flash the firmware from stock it's likely to require the usb to ttyl serial cable (if stock version is too recent).

R7800 is much easier to flash and recover.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I returned to the seller WRT3200ACM router today. Once the Posti has shipped the WRT3200ACM to the seller and the refund has been processed so I can get the money back. I have already ordered from the same vendor Netgear R7800 router at this link: https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/42448/jdsvg/Netgear-Nighthawk-X4S-AC2600-WiFI-reititin

But I am very confused. Today I tried to install DD-WRT r40009 version on Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 router and also failed to install. I'm really amazed and I've done everything correctly guaranteed. I also reported on the Linksys about this, and they have reported the engineers.

I'm going to buy a USB TTL cable and then try installing DD-WRT the WRT1900ACS V2 router.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would try to flash using someone else's computer. Something is seriously wrong with your setup; it's not your router's problem.

I'm assuming there is nothing defective with your Ethernet cable and you are flashing with any wireless client adapters disabled.

If you are upgrading from an existing DD-WRT build, use the webflash and not the factory binary.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
My WRT1900ACS router currently has Genuine Linksys firmware. So I think I need to use webflash DD-WRT file?

I have installed DD-WRT firmware to it before and I have never encountered these problems. But I was really surprised because I have this same problem with the WRT1900ACS V2 router.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mazufa wrote:
My WRT1900ACS router currently has Genuine Linksys firmware. So I think I need to use webflash DD-WRT file?

No, of course not.

Mazufa wrote:
I have installed DD-WRT firmware to it before and I have never encountered these problems. But I was really surprised because I have this same problem with the WRT1900ACS V2 router.

Something changed in your environment since the last time you successfully installed DD-WRT. Software was installed, removed or updated. There was configuration change. There was Windows updates and/or driver updates. Maybe something was corrupted.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I find no reason other than an update to Windows. But DD-WRT couldn't be installed on a Windows 7 PC either. My computer has Windows 10 and my home office computer has Windows 7.

Do I need to use webflash DD-WRT file or not webflash file when installing DD-WRT firmware via Linksys factory software?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

The factory-to-ddwrt.bin is for the initial flash from stock Linksys factory firmware.

The webflash is for upgrading from an existing install of a DD-WRT build.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably don't know that I speak English using google translator. I have been forced to ask specific questions because it would not have been the first time that google translator was doing something wrong.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is something in common between your home and office computer and I'm guessing it's Norton. Is there any other software that you have installed on both computers?

Try someone else's computer to install from.

You might have better luck with microsoft bing translation, or yandex.
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has been my misconception. I have tried DD-WRT installation file WebFlash Linksys factory software, and therefore installation is not successful in the past.

I am currently using factory file, and I am now successfully installed DD-WRT firmware to the router WRT1900ACS v2! Smile

Should I ask the dealer to send me the WRT3200ACM router back? Or should I take the Netgear R7800 as it is probably the better choice anyway?

I installed r40009 version because you told me it is a stable and popular version.

Which command can I use to check which partition I have DD-WRT installed on?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1184933#1184929

For the record, in my first reply the second question was "Are you flashing with the factory-to-ddwrt binary?"

Mazufa wrote:
Should I ask the dealer to send me the WRT3200ACM router back?

No, this is a blessing in disguise for you. Netgear R7800 has better hardware (IPQ8065 / QCA9984), driver support, and firmware support overall. Marvell and Linksys support are dead for WRT series.

Mazufa wrote:
I installed r40009 version because you told me it is a stable and popular version.

Yes, because with newer builds you may experience loss of GUI access. Please follow the new build threads for user feedback.

Mazufa wrote:
Which command can I use to check which partition I have DD-WRT installed on?

From Telnet/SSH: ubootenv get boot_part
Mazufa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with you and the Netgear R7800 is better so I expect that the seller send it to me because it is better for me Smile

But I now flash DD-WRT on my Linksys wrt1900ACS V2 router and it's in 1 partition.

I want to thank you for helping me! Smile I also want to wish Merry Christmas to you Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: