TP-Link Archer C5 v1.20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
agdodge4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 21:36    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C5 v1.20 Reply with quote
I've read the FAQ and I've searched for some time now, and I'm flat out confused on what is what and where I find this or that and this thread is dead and that link is old.

I could really use some simple information regarding this router, specifically, I need the latest and greatest DDWRT firmware to upload to it from it's factory firmware.

I am trying to use the WDS bridge feature and when I set it up with factory software, it just kills my whole network. My other DDWRT routers don't do that so I need to upgrade this C5.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/12-29-2017-r34311/tplink_archer-c5-v1/

I found what I think are the files but I don't know which one I need. I cannot locate any explanation of the US vs. IL vs. other.

Thanks!
Sponsor
jxm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 22:54    Post subject: Re: TP-Link Archer C5 v1.20 Reply with quote
agdodge4x4 wrote:
I've read the FAQ and I've searched for some time now, and I'm flat out confused on what is what and where I find this or that and this thread is dead and that link is old.

I could really use some simple information regarding this router, specifically, I need the latest and greatest DDWRT firmware to upload to it from it's factory firmware.

I am trying to use the WDS bridge feature and when I set it up with factory so

ftware, it just kills my whole network. My other DDWRT routers don't do that so I need to upgrade this C5.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/12-29-2017-r34311/tplink_archer-c5-v1/

I found what I think are the files but I don't know which one I need. I cannot locate any explanation of the US vs. IL vs. other.

Thanks!

An explanation of the different firmware versions can be found in this forum thread:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1059109

By the way, you have posted your question in the wrong forum, your router has Atheros based hardware.

Cheers.
agdodge4x4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yikes. Sorry about that. Thanks for the link.

Mods, feel free to move this. I swear I saw reference and posts about this exact router in this forum.

I read something about issues with the 5Ghz portion of this router. Is it supported or not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: