Trendnet TEW-812DRU Router Crashes Randomly - No Idea Why

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 23:05    Post subject: Trendnet TEW-812DRU Router Crashes Randomly - No Idea Why Reply with quote
Hi All,

My TrendNet TEW-812DRU router running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/27/14) std keeps crashing randomly all the time. The lights on the router just start flickering like the router was just plugged in even though it never lost power, all of my connections are severed until the router is finished rebooting, and then everything works fine like it did before until it crashes again!

I read the router slowdown page here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown

UDP and TCP timeout are set to 30 seconds, maximum ports is set to 16384, TCP Congestion Control is set to westwood, and I am using this startup command:

Code:

echo "16384" > /sys/module/nf_conntrack/parameters/hashsize

I was under the impression it was due to a large amount of connections, but now I'm not so sure. I do run torrents, and I've noticed the router crashing frequently when playing pubg (Player Unknown's Battlegrounds), but it can happen randomly when I seem to be doing nothing! It's inconsistent too. I can have days of uninterrupted uptime, or the router will crash several times in a few hours.

How am I supposed to see why the router crashes when the log file is completely cleared when this happens? I'm guessing there is no persistent log...

What else should I do to troubleshoot this issue?

I've tried using newer DD-WRT firmware (supposedly built for my router since it's in the folder), but any version other than the one linked on the website essentially bricks it, and to get it to reflash to the stable version, I've had to use some spamming mouse tricks for the 1 second when the newer firmware does work to unbrick my device, so I don't want to try that again either. What should I try next? I really don't want to have to buy a newer Wireless AC router...

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
stoney li
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you have google home/home max/home mini/chromecast? If so and your wifi became unstable recently, it could be those devices killing your router.
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope, I'm not running any devices like that. Sad
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
What updated dd-wrt firmware should I try that would most likely work with the TrendNet TEW-812DRU?

I've tried firmware from the official betas before which never work for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: