WRTx32 to stock Bricked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
sp0okz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:36    Post subject: WRTx32 to stock Bricked Reply with quote
Hi I followed a guide putting stock back on to my wrt32x without signing up and i can't seem to access my router at all via LAN connection.

I haven't a clue what I'm doing neither so that doesn't help.

I have tried the power in and out for the other partition but when I flashed it I think I overwrote the main flash.

If someone could advise please or is it broke Sad
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be helpful if you told us what guide you followed and exactly what you did after reading it.

If you really messed up it's likely recoverable with a USB to TTL Serial cable such as Adafruit 954 or DTECH FTDI 3.3V.
sp0okz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed this guide without logging in

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316094

Last commands I ran was

Code:
mtd -e linux -r write /tmp/venom.img linux
mtd -e linux2 -r write /tmp/venom.img linux2

I have also bought a TTL cable and followed the guide from youtube but my putty gets a black screen I have also installed the drives from your other post with someone with the same issue.

When router boots with TTL cable connected I only get a LAN light no power light

I think i have totally broken this.

Cable I bought was this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N4X3BJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you copy venom.img into /tmp before running that command?

Is venom.img from a flat image on this forum, or did you download directly from Linksys and rename (bad idea)?

Drivers? Your cable doesn't use FTDI. The Prolific PL2303TA is the chip mentioned in the 2-pack you bought.

Older violet color Adafruit cables used this Prolific chip, but they moved on to SiLabs.

PL2303TA Windows Driver | PL2303TA Mac OS X Driver
sp0okz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi i have tried installing the driver you said and its not working its coming up with the silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge

I also ordered another cable and its doing the same will it be worth just returning the router?

Quote:
Did you copy venom.img into /tmp before running that command?

No ( i wasnt logged into the site )
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems your seller from Amazon switched over to SiLabs CP210x chip as well, without updating the listing.

https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

This router is recoverable, but in my opinion if you rely on wireless a much better experience is with a different router.

I have WRT3200ACM, which the WRT32X is based, and since have moved on to R7800 and EA8500.

Netgear R7800 is the most popular (or R9000 but it's too expensive). Older chipset is Linksys EA8500 or Netgear R7500V2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: