TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 20:51    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C9 Thread Reply with quote
Figured this would be a good place to keep all the Archer C9 talk.

So far, I'm using April 1 build and the only thing that doesn't work is the USB drive SMB sharing. This is important.

However, the range, speed, and stability is incredible.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's maybe better to specify builds by their number, rather than by their date.
Anyhow, a question: is ftp sharing of USB drive working ?

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
It's maybe better to specify builds by their number, rather than by their date.
Anyhow, a question: is ftp sharing of USB drive working ?

Hey thanks for the reply!

The build is:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/15) std
(SVN revision 26635)

I did not try the FTP stuff. I can give it a shot and see if it works.

I do know that when I plug in the drive, it mounts and I can set up SMB as usual, but it doesn't actually share anything, no computer can see the share.
Also, if I enable the SES button to unmount drives, the firmware automatically unmounts the drive, without me doing anything else. I can watch as I plug in the drive, it gets recognized, and then it immediately unmounts. If I disable that function (SES Button to unmount) then the drive gets mounted just fine and seems to stay mounted.

Anyway, I'll the FTP and report back. I was going to try the latest May build and see if it works there. What do you recommend I do first?
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does Standard version have any sort of file sharing/NAS capability? I don';t think so.

I believe you need Big or Mega version.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
Does Standard version have any sort of file sharing/NAS capability? I don';t think so.

I believe you need Big or Mega version.

I was wondering this myself but I wasn't sure where to look to find that out. There is a size limit on the firmware and I don't see any other options. Does that mean for these routers, we are screwed?
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like it;s a new router so maybe not all features are implemented. I guess you just have to be patient and hopefully in the next few releases, more features will be working.

I read your other posts and seems like there is a USB/NAS tab and you set up the sharing but it;s not functioning correctly? Can you make a screen print of your configuration screen? what happens if you type \\ip address of your router\ in my computer on a windows machine?

also,seems like there is a new version out from 5-7-15 26854. I guess give that a try as well.

I don;t have this router but I might pick one up as it looks like a decent next generation AC unit.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Fri May 08, 2015 17:26; edited 1 time in total
gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
seems like it;s a new router so maybe not all features are implemented. I guess you just have to be patient and hopefully in the next few releases, more features will be working.

I read your other posts and seems like there is a USB/NAS tab and you set up the sharing but it;s not functioning correctly? Can you make a screen print of your configuration screen? what happens if you type \\ip address of your router\ in my computer on a windows machine?

also,seems like there is a new version out from 5-7-15 26584. I guess give that a try as well.

I don;t have this router but I might pick one up as it looks like a decent next generation AC unit.

Range wise it's pretty great.

I've been using DD-WRT for over a year and never had issues setting up USB SMB sharing before. Just seems to me that the code for that part is buggy, but maybe it's been fixed in the latest.

Attached at screenshots of the two pages. I'm not sure why it's showing my drive in the Disk Info, because the disk is off.

When I was trying to get it to work, whenever I would type in the router's IP address in explorer, it would say that there was nothing at that address (with respect to a shared folder).
I love the router, just want the sharing to work.

NAS.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.98 KB
 Viewed:  112793 Time(s)

NAS.PNG

USB.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.63 KB
 Viewed:  112793 Time(s)

USB.PNG

madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like the drive is attached correctly.

to verify you can try to scp into your router using a program like winscp(need to enable sshd port 22 if it isn;t already) or telnet into the router and browse to the directory

/dev/sda1 or /tmp/mnt/sda1

you should be able to copy and delete stuff into that directory using winscp

if you hit that drop down box under path, does it reveal any other mount locations like /dev/sda1 or /tmp/mnt/sda1? /mnt/sda1 says it's unavailable. I think there should be a symbolic link pointing /mnt/sda1 to /tmp/mnt/sda1. maybe it gets created automatically.

another thing I would try is formatting your hard drive to ext2/3 or ntfs.

also when you make changes, don;t forget to hit the save button and then the apply changes button.

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:

to verify you can try to scp into your router using a program like winscp(need to enable sshd port 22 if it isn;t already) or telnet into the router and browse to the directory

if you hit that drop down box under path, does it reveal any other mount locations like /dev/sda1 or /tmp/mnt/sda1? /mnt/sda1 says it's unavailable. I think there should be a symbolic link pointing /mnt/sda1 to /tmp/mnt/sda1. maybe it gets created automatically.

also when you make changes, don;t forget to hit the save button and then the apply changes button.

Yea it's not actually mounted so I'm not sure why it says it is. The NAS page shows correctly that SDA1 is not available. But when it is correctly mounted, then it updates and shows that sda1 is available.

I haven't tried accessing it via telnet. I can try that. The drive is ext4 and it had been working perfectly fine for the last year on my netgear dd-wrt router. Seems like there is something wrong with the SMB code somewhere.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
try enabling ftp as well

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I telnet-ed into my router and i was able to navigate to and browse /tmp/mnt/sda1 and it had all i expected on my USB drive.

FTP does not work. I turn it on, and then try to get to it in File Explorer or my web browser as ftp://192.168.x.1 and it errors with nothing is there. unless i'm doing something wrong, which seems unlikely as it's quite simple, for whatever reason SMB and FTP are not working for me. But browsing through Telnet is.

I'm going to load the latest 5/7/2015 beta build, see how that goes.

madman999 wrote:

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Latest DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/07/15) std
(SVN revision 26854)
Build also does NOT work for FTP or SMB. Telnet works to access the connected drive. But it will not share.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Run a putty session and then run TOP

see if ProFTPD and SMBD daemons are running

puttyddwrt.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.72 KB
 Viewed:  112570 Time(s)

puttyddwrt.JPG

Common F.A.Q.

gaetawoo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had done that last week when trying to debug the issue and I ran that. I do not recall seeing either of those daemons running. I also tried to start and stop smbd and it seemed like it had no effect. but i might have been doing something wrong. pretty sure I recall doing a find -iname *smb* command and it showed there was a smbd in /usr/bin/ (but I'm not certain as I'm basing it off remembering).

madman999 wrote:
Run a putty session and then run TOP

see if ProFTPD and SMBD daemons are running
arkadyf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which release are you guys getting? Where are you getting it from?

Searching for the C9/ArcherC9/Archer in the router database doesn't yield anything. The compatability wiki mentions it, but doesn't have identifying info which release to get.

This thread mentions the generic DD-WRT v24-sp2 with recent builds, but I'm wary of just putting a "generic" release without checking here first, especially considering that other "how do I revert the C9 back to stock rom" thread.

Lastly, does SNMP work on whatever DDWRT version you guys are using on the C9? I mostly want it to be able to monitor bandwidth usage.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: