Flashing DIR-880L with DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
square_eyes
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Sep 2019
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got flashed on to my 880L thanks.

Two questions...

1. My ISP requires Vlan 10 tagging. I have tried all the suggestions elsewhere but I can't get my connection up.

I'm getting conflicting info on here with some saying Vlan 10 tagging has to happen in NVRAM, while others say it should be OK in the GUI to set as I have below, along with assigning VLAN10 to the WAN pot under networking. Neither work

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=261226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

e.g.$"nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan10" "nvram commit" The CLI Broadcom instructions on the same thread offer no relief.

I am on the same ISP as these users.

2. I noticed also, when plugged to the WAN port, Ethernt port 4 highlights green. If I plug to port 4 the WAN highlights.

Screenshot shows me plugged to the yellow WAN port.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm two nights in to this. I'm using ddwrt-webflash-dir868-880-r40276a-patched.
Sponsor
konker
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Sep 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:36    Post subject: Re: Firmware upgrade failed Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

I would suggest flashing the factory-to-ddwrt firmware via the Emergency Recovery utility of your DIR-880L. I think newer versions of stock firmware checks for signed firmware or something to that effect, making it impossible to flash third party firmware via the stock firmware upgrade page.


Hi quarkysg,

I tried to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using this instructions (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0) but I cannot access it no matter how many times I tried.
Any suggestion?

Konker
wunderboy
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 22:41    Post subject: DIR-880L bricked, need flash content Reply with quote
Hello Guys,

My router stopped working after 6 months and couldn't bring back to life even with stock firmware or many dd-wrt releases through emergency upgrade. It simply hung up during boot around loading wireless drivers and haven't responded neither via console nor to ping via LAN interface.

After some tftp tries it seems I overwrote the emergency flash as it doesn't write anything on serial console anymore and power led lights orange constantly right after pressing power button.

Can someone help me with flash chip content? I would give it a try to replace the flash chip on the board and reprogram it.

Thank you in advance!
konker
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 29 Sep 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18    Post subject: Re: Firmware upgrade failed Reply with quote
konker wrote:

Hi quarkysg,

I tried to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using this instructions (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0) but I cannot access it no matter how many times I tried.
Any suggestion?

Konker

A quick update.
I finally managed to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using a Windows PC with Internet Explorer. I was using Mac OS X and Chrome/FF previously.
Tried downgrading from official 1.20 to 1.07 then 1.02 in order to port over to DD-WRT. Chose progressive downgrade because DRRM mode could not load the factory-to-ddwrt firmware. Finally in 1.02, managed to load factory-to-ddwrt and then upgrade using DDWRT UI to upgrade to the patched 40276a firmware.
All working now. Next up, how to install and enable shadowsocks.
jfovrw
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Oct 2019
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
square_eyes wrote:

I'm getting conflicting info on here with some saying Vlan 10 tagging has to happen in NVRAM, while others say it should be OK in the GUI to set as I have below, along with assigning VLAN10 to the WAN pot under networking. Neither work
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm two nights in to this. I'm using ddwrt-webflash-dir868-880-r40276a-patched.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports
I don't know why the GUI won't let you do it easy, it's a bug or something. But likely you need additional commands, "nvram set vlan10hwname=et0" and so on
wunderboy
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:13    Post subject: Re: DIR-880L bricked, need flash content Reply with quote
wunderboy wrote:
Hello Guys,

My router stopped working after 6 months and couldn't bring back to life even with stock firmware or many dd-wrt releases through emergency upgrade. It simply hung up during boot around loading wireless drivers and haven't responded neither via console nor to ping via LAN interface.

After some tftp tries it seems I overwrote the emergency flash as it doesn't write anything on serial console anymore and power led lights orange constantly right after pressing power button.

Can someone help me with flash chip content? I would give it a try to replace the flash chip on the board and reprogram it.

Thank you in advance!


Hello,

Would someone be so kind and help me out with content of flash0? I would like to recover emergency image on my DIR-880L via flash programmer.

Thank you very much in advance!
Vitaliy9
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Feb 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:15    Post subject: Flashing DIR-880L with DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hello.
I have issue with latest firmware.
When I flash "factory-to-ddwrt" 40559 or 40527 after programming success I have dead router with red power LED.
The only way I got it done is flash with "factory-to-ddwrt" 37305 then "dir880-webflash" 37305 and finally upgrade with "dir880-webflash" 40559. Did I do anything wrong or here is issue with firmware? It is working now. But with both radio "ON" LEDs are "OFF". How to make them reflect status of WiFi?
gjaltemba
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std (08/06/19)
and vap is not working with wlconf from quarkysg work around.

How do I get vap working on r40559 with dir-880l?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum