Flashing DIR-880L with DD-WRT

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
konker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:36    Post subject: Re: Firmware upgrade failed Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

I would suggest flashing the factory-to-ddwrt firmware via the Emergency Recovery utility of your DIR-880L. I think newer versions of stock firmware checks for signed firmware or something to that effect, making it impossible to flash third party firmware via the stock firmware upgrade page.

Hi quarkysg,

I tried to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using this instructions (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0) but I cannot access it no matter how many times I tried.
Any suggestion?

Konker
Sponsor
wunderboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 22:41    Post subject: DIR-880L bricked, need flash content Reply with quote
Hello Guys,

My router stopped working after 6 months and couldn't bring back to life even with stock firmware or many dd-wrt releases through emergency upgrade. It simply hung up during boot around loading wireless drivers and haven't responded neither via console nor to ping via LAN interface.

After some tftp tries it seems I overwrote the emergency flash as it doesn't write anything on serial console anymore and power led lights orange constantly right after pressing power button.

Can someone help me with flash chip content? I would give it a try to replace the flash chip on the board and reprogram it.

Thank you in advance!
konker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18    Post subject: Re: Firmware upgrade failed Reply with quote
konker wrote:

Hi quarkysg,

I tried to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using this instructions (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.0) but I cannot access it no matter how many times I tried.
Any suggestion?

Konker

A quick update.
I finally managed to access the D-Link Router Recovery Mode using a Windows PC with Internet Explorer. I was using Mac OS X and Chrome/FF previously.
Tried downgrading from official 1.20 to 1.07 then 1.02 in order to port over to DD-WRT. Chose progressive downgrade because DRRM mode could not load the factory-to-ddwrt firmware. Finally in 1.02, managed to load factory-to-ddwrt and then upgrade using DDWRT UI to upgrade to the patched 40276a firmware.
All working now. Next up, how to install and enable shadowsocks.
jfovrw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
square_eyes wrote:

I'm getting conflicting info on here with some saying Vlan 10 tagging has to happen in NVRAM, while others say it should be OK in the GUI to set as I have below, along with assigning VLAN10 to the WAN pot under networking. Neither work
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm two nights in to this. I'm using ddwrt-webflash-dir868-880-r40276a-patched.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports
I don't know why the GUI won't let you do it easy, it's a bug or something. But likely you need additional commands, "nvram set vlan10hwname=et0" and so on
wunderboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:13    Post subject: Re: DIR-880L bricked, need flash content Reply with quote
wunderboy wrote:
Hello Guys,

My router stopped working after 6 months and couldn't bring back to life even with stock firmware or many dd-wrt releases through emergency upgrade. It simply hung up during boot around loading wireless drivers and haven't responded neither via console nor to ping via LAN interface.

After some tftp tries it seems I overwrote the emergency flash as it doesn't write anything on serial console anymore and power led lights orange constantly right after pressing power button.

Can someone help me with flash chip content? I would give it a try to replace the flash chip on the board and reprogram it.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Would someone be so kind and help me out with content of flash0? I would like to recover emergency image on my DIR-880L via flash programmer.

Thank you very much in advance!
Vitaliy9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:15    Post subject: Flashing DIR-880L with DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hello.
I have issue with latest firmware.
When I flash "factory-to-ddwrt" 40559 or 40527 after programming success I have dead router with red power LED.
The only way I got it done is flash with "factory-to-ddwrt" 37305 then "dir880-webflash" 37305 and finally upgrade with "dir880-webflash" 40559. Did I do anything wrong or here is issue with firmware? It is working now. But with both radio "ON" LEDs are "OFF". How to make them reflect status of WiFi?
gjaltemba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std (08/06/19)
and vap is not working with wlconf from quarkysg work around.

How do I get vap working on r40559 with dir-880l?
thekiosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed version 36330 and it work properly.
gberry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 16:07    Post subject: DiR-880L issue Reply with quote
Yesterday, the router seemed to freeze and on reboot, I was greeted by a orange light. I forced a reset-hold/power up, and used the emergency firmware loader. I loaded up factory firmware DIR-880L_A1_FW107WWb08.bin. This seems to function correctly.

I then attempted to load multiple versions of factory-to-ddwrt.bin. First, I started with the latest build on the routers page. I then followed the advice at the beginning of this thread. I followed the same previous procedure and attempted to load dir880-factory-to-ddwrt-r30342.bin from Quarkysg's apps.box.com site.

First, am I screwing something up in this process? Second, is it possible something has failed on the router that won't allow me to install the factory to dd-wrt load?

Any help is appreciated..
Uncensored
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 21:31    Post subject: Thank you Quarky Reply with quote
I am successfully running DD-WRT v3.0-r40276a quarkysg-std (07/14/19) on my DIR-880L A2 for six (6) days. CPU temperature is maintained at 60C using laptop cooler. When time permits I will apply heat sink(s) and/or thermal grease. This firmware fixes issue requiring Apply Setting to restore vap after rebooting router. I also notice firmware does not change CPU overclock setting. Status shows router at 800Mhz while firmware remains set to 600Mhz. I do not which are accurate.

Thanks Quarkys
EricSau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 14:04    Post subject: DIR-880L issues with 40276a-Patched Reply with quote
Hello, I'm currently running version 40276a-Patched. When I access the Web interface, it will hangup and after that I will not have acces to it anymore. If I reboot, it will comme back, but it will eventually hangup as I navigate thru the menus. Anyone else experienced the same behaviour? Other thant that, this is an excellent upgrade. My routing speed is way beter and my range almost doubled from the previous revision I was running.

Also, looks like there's a 40559 revision from the router database. How is this working out?

Thanks!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the router database. Regardless of what the main website says, it is still unreliable and outdated. Look in the forum build release threads.

Most recent release here:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=323436

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/03-05-2020-r42617/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
BorednLazy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been running latest r42617 currently on my 880l with daily reboots. It looks stable to me.

I have also had good luck with recent builds r42174 and r42335.

One issue I noticed was high CPU temps though.

Note that there is an issue with recent builds in which bridge VAPs do not work without a workaround.

Also recent builds have another issue on for uptime from anywhere from 3-10 days, some suffer from a WiFi issue, so I have mine on daily reboot.
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 0:13    Post subject: Re: Flashing DIR-880L with DD-WRT Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
ikifar2012 wrote:
I cannot find instructions on how to flash DD-WRT on my D-link DIR-880L A1 can someone provide me with instructions also is it easy to brick

DO NOT use the firmware images from the DD-WRT website past r30432 or it’ll send your DIR880L into a boot loop.

Do the following to upgrade your DIR880L to DD-WRT:

1. Download the appropriate factory-to-ddwrt firmware image for DIR880L from the link below (from the folder named factory-to-ddwrt)

https://app.box.com/s/b4v1s342ef2dpd52j02lqtuzi1oiipco

2. Upgrade your DIR880L using firmware downloaded in Step 1. You can do it in the D-Link firmware upgrade page.

3. If Step 2 is successful, you should be able to log in to DD-WRT at http://192.168.1.1

4. Download my latest build r33772 from the link above.

5. Upgrade your DIR880L again using DD-WRT firmware upgrade page.

6. After Step 5 completes, reset to factory default and start configuring your upgraded router.

HTH.

so ive done the steps above router is working no bootloop but as soon as i save settings and unplug from wall router boot loops any insights of what may be
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
wont connect to either 5 o 2.4 wireless virtual interfaces
in WPA2-PSK AES when in repeater 5 or 2.4 any help would be appreciated

thank you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: