Wireless lights on WRT1200AC V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ramosel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 17:01    Post subject: Wireless lights on WRT1200AC V2 Reply with quote
Long time DD-WRT user, infrequent poster. My house is strung out across a mountain side so I have been running (4) e4200s as APs for seamless connectivity from one end to the other (all behind a pfSense box). Decided it's time to move to something newer and picked up a bunch of WRT1200AC V2s. DD-WRT load (current 10/1/2019 r41218) went relatively smooth and config transfer is done on 1st unit. Everything appears to be working fine and speed/transition on mobile devices zone to zone is working fine.

Except, the 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz pattern lights on the front of the first unit are both off - no connection or activity. I've been through the forum posts and config parms and just don't see where these can be turned off/on. Not saying they aren't there, I just haven't found them.

Do the wireless pattern lights just not work under DD-WRT or am I missing something? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
R
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
If those lights are anything like on my WRT1900ACSv2 routers, they have simply become so dim with age that you can't see them. Same issue for the power light, the Internet/WAN light, and the USB lights. Have you looked in a completely darkened room?

On my model the four LAN lights use different LEDs and have longer life.

Somewhere in the forums there's an extensive thread on the dim-LED problem.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
ramosel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm... I posted a reply from an iPad last night but it's not here now?

Thanks and you were right! They were on but in a well lit shop the lights just weren't visible. I'll hunt down some SMD LEDs and replace them. Maybe play with the colors some.

Appreciate the nod to the dark side...

R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: