Issue flashing TP-Link C1900 (Canada)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mayurj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 23:54    Post subject: Issue flashing TP-Link C1900 (Canada) Reply with quote
I just tried flashing my Archer c1900 (Canada version) with hardware 1.0. I got the "Error -5533" using the firmware uploader admin.

Can anyone give me the step by step? Is this correct?

1. Reset to factory

2. Connect via cable

3. Upload firmware from...? Should I use the latest beta..factory to ddwrt?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/10-25-2017-r33607/tplink_archer-c1900/

4. Reset procedure specified... ?

Thanks!!
Sponsor
r0nz3y
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Were you able to flash DD-WRT to your Archer C1900 V1 (Canada)? I too am having the same issue and since pureVPN doesn't work well with the Archer stock firmware I would very much like to get DD-WRT running on my router.

Regards,
r0nz3y
H.T.Hathaway
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 23:22    Post subject: Have you figured this out? Reply with quote
I'm trying to flash my C9 v1 (same hardware) and am getting the same error code. Can't find much about it.
houndtt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any luck being able to move from the factory firmware to the DD-WRT firmware on a Canada hardware of the C1900 v1?
houndtt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was reading where a user @Renegade_R said they were successful in flashing the Canadian TP-Link C1900 (here) by using a serial connection to get into the router's CFE per this video: https://youtu.be/jHONx_yrrKs.

Can anyone confirm that this solution works? Any details on the specific steps used? Did you first go to a C1900(US) stock firmware and then load DD-WRT? Are you able to go back to a stock firmware from where you are now? I want to try with my hardware but wanted to get some more info before I went through the stress.

Also, if anyone has gotten this to work, have you considered sending the information requested for official router support? (here) I'm hoping that this will allow a build for Canada devices without having to open it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: