Linksys WRT3200ACM Access Restrictions not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Corvus.Crow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM Access Restrictions not working Reply with quote
I purchased a fully setup system with DD-WRT. Model Linksys WRT3200ACM from FlashRouters. I purchased mainly for the Parental Access Restrictions. I have not had good working of these restrictions with how my system was set up. I contact Flashroutes and they tell me they do not support the Access Restrictions. Where was that small print I asked...

I have minimal background in network/firewall/routers. I have gone through the steps to enable the restrictions multiple times. I really need help with this - or get a different system all together. Can I make restrictions work on this system? Anyone have previous experience?

Does anyone have success or not with Linksys WRT3200ACM and Access Restrictions.

Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r40501 std (08/02/19)
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.186 #1197 SMP Fri Aug 2 04:06:04 CEST 2019 armv7l
CPU ModelMarvell Armada 385

Thank you.
Sponsor
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't used access restrictions for a long time, but you need to specify the IP address of the specific device then create a specific policy (for their mobile phone or laptop) and then specify sites that are blocked, the times they can access the web, general blocks of proxy/P2P etc. Personally I wouldn't rely on anything of this sort to manage what my kids see/ don't see, but it could be useful depending on what you want to achieve and their level of technical knowledge.(Might just encourage them to get more sophisticated to circumvent your attempts IMO).
Corvus.Crow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ttowling wrote:
I haven't used access restrictions for a long time, but you need to specify the IP address of the specific device then create a specific policy (for their mobile phone or laptop) and then specify sites that are blocked, the times they can access the web, general blocks of proxy/P2P etc. Personally I wouldn't rely on anything of this sort to manage what my kids see/ don't see, but it could be useful depending on what you want to achieve and their level of technical knowledge.(Might just encourage them to get more sophisticated to circumvent your attempts IMO).

Thanks. We also have OpenDNS for filtering. This DDDWRT is mainly a first line to help learn about time on/off the internet. Its a backup to learning on ones own for a healthy duration of internet use per day and set up a while before bed access or not. What other systems might you be referring to for manage of kids access?
ttowling
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Corvus.Crow wrote:
ttowling wrote:

Thanks. We also have OpenDNS for filtering. This DDDWRT is mainly a first line to help learn about time on/off the internet. Its a backup to learning on ones own for a healthy duration of internet use per day and set up a while before bed access or not. What other systems might you be referring to for manage of kids access?

Other systems? Don't let them access the internet on their own. You can't rely on any filter/firewall to moderate the internet on your behalf.

Setting down times is fair enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: