Calix 844e-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hardon85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:40    Post subject: Calix 844e-1 Reply with quote
Hey guys this is the second router I want to install dd-wrt on. This is a router that is provided by ISPs only so I will explain how I acquired this router.

I moved into a place where this was left. I did not know the password to connect. I couldn't log into it. It also had the ISP's logo on the side of it. I couldn't use it so I called the ISP to try to give it back since I couldn't use it. They said the person who had this router didn't pay their bill, which meant it went to collections and because of that the router didn't belong to them anymore and I could do whatever I wanted with it, but they couldn't give me any credential information on it.

Long story short I played around with it and decided I would like to try to install dd-wrt on it.

I checked the FCC website and here's the internal pictures of it. https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2573406

According to the site if it's a broadcom chipset with more than 2mb of flash I can install dd-wrt. How do I know if it works on this router? There is lots of chips and I don't know which one is which.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it's not listed here, you can't. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to this it might still work.
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection
I guess my question is what is the chipset or flash? I really don't care if I brick the router.

Sorry I also missed this. The FCC ID is 2ABLK-844E-1
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have 2 problems:

1. Flashing dd-wrt firmware to it, your chance of succeeding with that is close to nil.

2. If you succeed flashing dd-wrt firmware onto it then it will brick and become unusable. For sure. 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="LOM"]You have 2 problems:

1. Flashing dd-wrt firmware to it, your chance of succeeding with that is close to nil.

2. If you succeed flashing dd-wrt firmware onto it then it will brick and become unusable. For s[quote="LOM"]You have 2 problems:

Can I ask why you say that? From reading the webpage I posted (from dd-wrt's site) as long as it's a broadcom chipset and has 2mb of flash it should work? The next step was to search, which I found nothing on, and then to post a new thread. I guess my question is, does this have a broadcom chipset? I've looked at the internal photos and see there is a broadcom chip. However I have no idea how much flash this has. This website also says to check the known incompatible devices. Which this router is not on.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's also a modem/router combo which are not supported.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
hardon85 wrote:
The FCC ID is 2ABLK-844E-1
Also, the Broadcom chip isn't the SoC...the BCM54618SEA2KFBG is a:
"Single-Port GMII/MII Copper Ethernet Transceiver (IEEE 802.3az) Gigabit CMOS"

The SoC is the Quantenna QT3840BC.

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: