ASUS RT-AC56R/U AC1200 Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
eyendall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 14:45    Post subject: ASUS RT-AC56R/U AC1200 Installation Reply with quote
"Like this website https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Asus says "WARNING: It is recommended to use ASUS Firmware restoration tool for ASUS routers initial flash (use *.TRX file)" when I research.Could you tell me more about this as I want to get this right the first time."

I have an ASUS RT-AC56R/U AC1200 virgin router to which I want to install dd-wrt and later Astrill vpn. I need step by step directions as I find nothing specific on the wiki except for warnings and cautions.

I have heeded the recommendation referred to above and the asus_rt-ac56u-firmware.trx file resides on my desktop. Now what is it and what do I do with it? Do I open it on my desk top and follow directions?

Where do I find the compatible dd-wrt downloads mentioned in several posts on this Broadcom board? Where do I find a recommendation (or at least a consensus view) for the most tested, reliable and stable dd-wrt-version?

Thanks for reading and for any help you can give me.
Sponsor
eyendall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found my answers through searching the web. Thanks anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: