Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
theshoeshiner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nah, still happening. Actually just happened twice in a 2 hour period. If anyone knows of a version thats running well on Archer c7 v4, let me know. I'll test it out as well.
Sponsor
theshoeshiner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW - Is there any thing I should be looking for in the logs? I barely seen anything when I turn them on, is that normal?
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 18:43    Post subject: C7 v4 Reply with quote
I have been running v3.0-r34760 (01/30/18 ) and the only thing I have noticed, thou I'm don't see how it is a Router issue, is the delay between when I try to open a fresh page and when the page actually responds. Sometimes over 5 seconds.

This isn't after I'm in a website, only when I use a bookmark (for example) to open a website.

I don't use 5.6GHz, but have noticed, when I disable it the LED lights for a few minutes, then eventually goes out.

Last edited by videobruce on Wed Jun 27, 2018 20:22; edited 1 time in total
pocahontas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
The official firmware is heavily based on OpenWrt as it turns out. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
benny11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is the r34411 release the recommended firmware to run on the C7 V4 (EU)? Has anyone had any issues with this revision?

Has anyone tested any of the more recent versions?
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been running r35034 (2-17-18 ) for a couple of months now. I have r35244, but I haven't loaded it yet.

I try to wait a few weeks at least before I even consider updating. Wink

Last edited by videobruce on Wed Jun 27, 2018 20:23; edited 2 times in total
gefvert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 16:11    Post subject: archer c7 v4 eu Reply with quote
Hi! does the dd-wrt support 4g lte modem in usb?
I know the stock V2 does it in some regions but that function is gone in v4 eu ... :/
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any thoughts on any of the newer F/W version for v4 here??
Dodobila
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
no ipv6 support for me
delhite2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37    Post subject: Saw a ddwrt running router at Hotel Metro View in Delhi Reply with quote
I was attending a seminar in a conference hall in Delhi at Hotel Metro View http://www.metroviewhotel.com and saw the IT guy installing a spanking new C7.

I just had a word with him and he tell me it's not an ordinary C7. It's running a enhanced software "Ddwrt", I was happy and shocked to see a commercial use of DDWRT, when I asked why, he kept going on about added featureset, captive portal etc.
First time came across any other user of DDWRT in person.
bosim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:36    Post subject: Wierd behavior of Archer C7 v4 Reply with quote
Hi

I have really spend a lot of time investigating why my Archer C7 v4 (EU) does not perform as expected. My speedtest results show 90-92/60-70 mbps from my android phone, sometimes a bit higher on my laptop. I own a ASUS RT-N66U also running DDWRT which gives me 92/92 mbps almost everytime (I have 100/100 mbps). I tried to disable the DHCP server and plug the Archer into the ASUS router and I got like 92/92 there, so it is basically not the Wifi part being the problem. I tried to disable the SFE and activate QoS (to ensure the SFE is disabled), same result. Anybody has any idea on what to do? Wifi-wise I am running 80 MHz, 36UU on 5 GHz, but I does not seem to be the problem.

Best regards,
Bo
delhite2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50    Post subject: Re: Wierd behavior of Archer C7 v4 Reply with quote
bosim wrote:
Hi

I have really spend a lot of time investigating why my Archer C7 v4 (EU) does not perform as expected. My speedtest results show 90-92/60-70 mbps from my android phone, sometimes a bit higher on my laptop. I own a ASUS RT-N66U also running DDWRT which gives me 92/92 mbps almost everytime (I have 100/100 mbps). I tried to disable the DHCP server and plug the Archer into the ASUS router and I got like 92/92 there, so it is basically not the Wifi part being the problem. I tried to disable the SFE and activate QoS (to ensure the SFE is disabled), same result. Anybody has any idea on what to do? Wifi-wise I am running 80 MHz, 36UU on 5 GHz, but I does not seem to be the problem.

Best regards,
Bo

Is your connection from internet modem /gateway to C7 a gigabit connection?
If not I would expect a bit less than 100 mbps as you are getting.
bosim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02    Post subject: Re: Wierd behavior of Archer C7 v4 Reply with quote
delhite2 wrote:
bosim wrote:

I have really spend a lot of time investigating why my Archer C7 v4 (EU) does not perform as expected. My speedtest results show 90-92/60-70 mbps from my android phone, sometimes a bit higher on my laptop. I own a ASUS RT-N66U also running DDWRT which gives me 92/92 mbps almost everytime (I have 100/100 mbps). I tried to disable the DHCP server and plug the Archer into the ASUS router and I got like 92/92 there, so it is basically not the Wifi part being the problem.

I am on Fiber, so it is a bit wierd why my provider gives me like 92-94/92-94 mbps. On cable with the archer I got like 94/94. So it is really strange. It is strange why I loose like 30 mbps in upload with the Archer. Running without NAT all fine, good results. I tried OpenWRT as well and I got even worse performance/stability.

Bo
delhite2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:12    Post subject: Re: Wierd behavior of Archer C7 v4 Reply with quote
bosim wrote:
delhite2 wrote:
bosim wrote:

I have really spend a lot of time investigating why my Archer C7 v4 (EU) does not perform as expected. My speedtest results show 90-92/60-70 mbps from my android phone, sometimes a bit higher on my laptop. I own a ASUS RT-N66U also running DDWRT which gives me 92/92 mbps almost everytime (I have 100/100 mbps). I tried to disable the DHCP server and plug the Archer into the ASUS router and I got like 92/92 there, so it is basically not the Wifi part being the problem.

I am on Fiber, so it is a bit wierd why my provider gives me like 92-94/92-94 mbps. On cable with the archer I got like 94/94. So it is really strange. It is strange why I loose like 30 mbps in upload with the Archer. Running without NAT all fine, good results. I tried OpenWRT as well and I got even worse performance/stability.

Bo

Your connection from the isp is of fibre. But what is the speed at which your modem (which receives fibre) connects to the tp link?
bosim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33    Post subject: Re: Wierd behavior of Archer C7 v4 Reply with quote
delhite2 wrote:

Your connection from the isp is of fibre. But what is the speed at which your modem (which receives fibre) connects to the tp link?

100 mbit full-duplex according to swconfig. On the ASUS router it is the same. Facts:

1. Tplink stock firmware I test 94/94 from the android device.
2. DD-WRT without DHCP server plugged into the LAN port of both Tplink and ASUS router (having the WAN connection, i.e. Tplink router as clean access point), 94/94 from the android device.
3. DD-WRT with Tplink having the WAN connection 94/70 from the android device.
4. DD-WRT with the ASUS router having the WAN connection of course 94/94 from the android device.
5. Sometimes I can manage from my laptop to archive 94/94 via the Tplink router having the WAN connection, but it is not consistent like with the ASUS router, getting 94/94 at all time.

All speeds are via 5 GHz.

Bo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: