Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
wdjchurchill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed my Archer C7 v4 EU with the latest DD-WRT firmware (29/12/17) and using it as an access point. Works fine until after a while it loses it's IP address and cannot assign an IP to any wifi connections. Wired connections seem to continue to work ok and can access internet and see other devices on the network ie it's working as a switch. May be due to DHCP renewal (firewall disabled)?
Sponsor
GeekOnTheHill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed an Archer C7 v4 this morning because I was unimpressed with the stock firmware, and because I didn't feel like driving 50 miles each way to return it.

So far, everything I've tested appears to be working fine. Thanks for your hard work on this.

My configuration and what I have tested:

Static WAN IP
DHCP on LAN
DNS for LAN
Throttling for one Roku box (to tame Amazon Video's bandwidth hogging)
One USB port for NAS (using Samba)
WiFi on both bands
Port forwarding for RDP

Thanks again,

Richard
wdjchurchill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
wdjchurchill wrote:
I flashed my Archer C7 v4 EU with the latest DD-WRT firmware (29/12/17) and using it as an access point. Works fine until after a while it loses it's IP address and cannot assign an IP to any wifi connections. Wired connections seem to continue to work ok and can access internet and see other devices on the network ie it's working as a switch. May be due to DHCP renewal (firewall disabled)?

Happy to report that the latest firmware update (7/1/2018) seems to have solved my disconnection problems
GeekOnTheHill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately, the Archer C7 has been decommissioned and returned to Walmart. It had an intermittent connection problem on the WAN side that I think was a hardware issue with the Ethernet port itself rather than a problem with DD-WRT. When I plugged an old Western Digital N600 (running Gargoyle) into the modem, it fired right up.

Joe from the cable company came by and checked things out, and he agrees that it looks like the Ethernet jack itself on the WAN side has an intermittent problem. He's one of their smarter techs. He also told me that he came across a lot of problems with TP-LINK routers.

As for me, the Archer C7 was only the second TP-LINK router I'd ever used -- and the first one wound up being returned as defective as well. That one, if I recall correctly, would lose its static IP settings every time it rebooted, so I sent it back to Amazon.

Because TP-LINK seems to have a good reputation and the Archer C7 had mainly good reviews, I decided to give them another chance. But the TP-LINK router wound up going back this time, too.

So I drove out to Sam's Club and bought a Linksys WRT3200ACM to replace the Archer C7. The Linksys router seems to be working fine running DD-WRT.

For the sake of fairness, my cable company has had some problems lately, probably due to the extreme cold messing with some of their lines. The modem has lost its upstream link a few times during the past couple of weeks. But even when the upstream link was solid, the C7 was losing its WAN connection intermittently, whether using DD-WRT or its stock firmware. Joe also replaced the modem, but the C7 had problems with the new modem, too. That makes me suspect a hardware problem with the router.

In any case, the Linksys WRT3200ACM seems to be working fine.

Richard
kowalmisiek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 13:46    Post subject: New archer c7 v4 firmware? Reply with quote
Hello

1. I wanted to ask what is the latest dd-wrt for archer c7 v4?
2. Are there any problems with the firmware?
3. Does AC work?
4. If it did not suit me, can you easily get back to the original TP-Link firmware?
5. The factory-to-ddwrt.bin version from the TP-Link GUI interface is downloaded to the original soft?

6. Is this a good version for me?
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/01-19-2018-r34578/tplink_archer-c7-v4/
kowalmisiek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I uploaded the latest DD-WRT to my archer c7 v4. I can not get 5Ghz WIFI on my phone. I do not mean AC only about "N" 5Ghz. Any ideas?
pocahontas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's no revert to stock firmware for v4 yet or at least I didn't see it.

I tried to revert by providing the various official firmware releases the same way I flashed dd-wrt initially through tftp but they weren't accepted. The file was requested and transferred fine but it just booted back into dd-wrt.

This post however helped:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1112108

Had to go to LEDE first then stock which worked perfectly so it is possible.
kowalmisiek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which one do you recommend the DD-WRT version for archer c7 v4?
5Ghz wifi does not work on the newest one.
pocahontas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't recommend any build for this router as I've had wireless problems with all I've tried.

I hope to report back in a few days about LEDE and whether or not it's any better. That's not a slight against dd-wrt as a whole as I've used it with many other routers over the years just fine.
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone, here the Wifi 5GHz is working fine with Firmware: r34411 01/07/18. I only have 5GHz enabled, the 2.4GHz I turn off.

EDIT: I flashed r34777 and the 5G stopped working. Flashed back r34411 and 5G worked again. phew Rolling Eyes

Thanks pocahontas for the link tutorial to go back to original firmware, I'm thinking to going back to the original, many bugs in ddwrt. LAN cable connections here are capped at 100mbps instead of going gigabit as used to be on original.
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Other than the power supply and the RF (Wi-Fi) channel assignments, are there any differences between the EU and the US version?

The internal differences between this and the older v2 are substantial.

Last edited by videobruce on Wed Feb 07, 2018 0:09; edited 1 time in total
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 0:09    Post subject: Revert back to stock process simplified needed! Reply with quote
Other than the complicated multi-step process (that isn't clear enough), is there some other way to revert back to that lousy, grade school looking TP-Link F/W?

Their 'modern' looking F/W is ridiculous, but I don't want to get stuck with something other than stock installed if this has to go back. Which at this point is looking like that will happen. Sad
theshoeshiner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
GeekOnTheHill wrote:
Unfortunately, the Archer C7 has been decommissioned and returned to Walmart. It had an intermittent connection problem on the WAN side that I think was a hardware issue with the Ethernet port itself rather than a problem with DD-WRT. When I plugged an old Western Digital N600 (running Gargoyle) into the modem, it fired right up.
Richard

Late to the party. I'm experiencing the same sort of thing with the 12/29/17 release. About every 4 hours the WAN stops working. Router says it still has an IP, but fails to release/renew. The only fix is a reboot of the router.

Does this sound like your problem? This was one of the recommended routers, but I might have to move down the list one notch.
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
What F/W version are you running?
theshoeshiner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im running v3.0-r34311 std (12/29/17)
Is there a version that seems to be more stable?

I have this strange feeling that it's related to DHCP. So Im considering setting it to static IP for a day to see if that allows it to last at least 24 hrs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: