Tp link Archer c7 v4 EU

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
simten2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
With factory firmware WAN/LAN LED's activity was working correctly, so I presume, that it can be done with DD-WRT as well.
I have TP-Link WR1043ND also and the LED's are working correctly with DD-WRT.
Have you tested newer than r37882 firmware also (with C7 v4) ?

videobruce wrote:
^ ^
That's one of the 1st things I noticed. None of the LED's show activity except the WiFi ones. IIRC, I don't believe the stock F/W was any different which makes me think it's the chipset or associated circuits.

I don't know why the Chinese can't get this stuff right. Either the indicator lights are too bright, or too dim or in this cae don't function properly.
Sponsor
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, I'm still running r35034 from February. (I couldn't remember how their stock F/W behaved. Sad )
I want to update, but haven't decided on which one. 37882 is one choice.

FYI, for anyone that isn't familiar, the V4 version of this Router listed is very different from the common v2 most seem to have here.
videobruce
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just loaded 37882 (11-18 ). I did do a reset before I flashed which I didn't do the last couple of times (to be safe due the the number of versions between this and what I had) .

The only visual (GUI) difference that I found over my previous version (35034 from 2-17) is the addition of "Channel Survey" under Status/Wireless.
There are only a couple of 'advanced' features I use, so there may be others.

The problem of no activity shown from the indicator lights (except Wireless) is still there. Mad
kowalmisiek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello.
I installed myself Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37882 std (11/30/18)

I have only one problem. After turning on WIFI security, the speed of the internet on wifi drops dramatically.
Wifi without security:
2.4Ghz
80MB / 30Mb
5ghz
109Mb / 30Mb
Secured wifi network
2.4Ghz
22MB / 27MB
5ghz
22MB / 28MB

What is the problem with security?

I have set WPA2 Personal as standard and entered the password.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: