Looking for advice for Steam games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 15:24    Post subject: Re: Looking for advice for Steam games Reply with quote
rvnhurst wrote:
Hello again all. I've probably got a newb question again, but I'm hoping some of you guru's can point me in the right direction.
Ever since upgrading to Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33010M kongac (08/09/17) on an R8000, Steam has been acting up.....
Has anyone else come across this problem?

Using default DD-WRT settings in Asus RT-N18U, all games are working fine. I mainly play America's Army 3 and Proving Ground. No special settings, as I was NOT setting up a server nor doing any in-game streaming.

I had stopped playing AA3 for a while. Maybe I should set it up again to test the latest DD-WRT BS build.

Lately I am playing Starcraft the classic, which became a free game now because of Starcraft Remastered. Again, no problem encountered. I could host games as well via Battle.Net. NO special settings needed.

May the Force and farces be with you! Live long and proper!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
Sponsor
MDA400
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
rvnhurst wrote:

This is about the time I remembered applying a proxy to DDWRT as an experiment. Apparently, windows 10 detected it, and kept trying to route some traffic through a proxy that now didn't exist. But not all traffic... weird.
If anyone has this problem again, go to the start button, settings, Network & Internet, Proxy, and turn off automatic detection.

Everything works now.

It was never the router. Smile

Thank you all for the replies, and for reading through my notes as I troubleshot this problem.

Was this proxy that you deleted applied in the router or in windows when you were experimenting with it?

For what its worth, disabling automatic detection of proxy settings within windows may break connectivity with some applications that reference the setting. If disabled, it may look for proxy information to be manually entered.

I would figure out where there is a proxy or alternate address entered and omit that and use the disabling automatic detection as a last resort.

Navigation

Jump to: