New Build - 09/19/2017 - r33375

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
moonglows wrote:
mrjcd wrote:
moonglows wrote:
Router Model: EA8500

Reset: no
Errors: everything works fine except for openvpn server is not starting. when I get back home I'll try the newer firmware out to see if that resuscitates it.

What build did you have previously?
ovpn server works fine on EA8500 w/r33375 and also on r33413.

If you came from r33006 or earlier build it is possible you are using keys that are no longer compatible with newer openssl.
Keys must be made using RSA security.
The older md5 security is no longer valid.

Also if you was using AES-512-CBC in server config it is also no longer good w/ new openssl

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5923

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5944

great point. I think my old certs were probably too insecure--1024 bit? in any case, I regenerated with more up to date inputs and it worked fine in this build as well as the newer build. I didn't get a chance to post yet on the other thread, but I'll do that now to say it works well Smile

Thanks mrjcd!

Yea the size doesn't matter 1024 / 2048 /4096 that depends on who you talk to as to what they say is secure.
The old Easy RSA default was to generate keys using the md5 security method and that is considered not secure these days by most everywhere you look and new openSSL won't support it. Most updated android ovpn clients also will not work with it.
As long as RSA method is used any keypair bit size should be ok.
I made 1024, 2048 & 4096 all with at least 7 client keys each when I had to do new. They all work ok --- but I'll tel ya, it is kinda hard to squeeze 4096 keys onto a 32 KB nvram WRT54G router ha --ha .. the stupid things we do Razz
Sponsor
spaine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:56    Post subject: Rosewill rnx-n150rt build 33375 Reply with quote
Router model: Rosewill rnx-n150rt
Status: works OK (except touching VLAN settings sometimes hangs the GUI), but the big problem, as observed by users with other routers, is that once this build is on the router it can't be upgraded or downgraded. Here's what I've tried:

(1) GUI: tried to revert to previously installed build 21061; counts down for about 5 seconds, then reboots with build 33375 still installed. Same for upgrade attempt to build 33413.

(2) Telnet: scp'd firmware to /tmp and tried

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/tmp# write rosewill-RNX-N150RT-webflash_21061.bin linux
function stop_snmp not found
function stop_pppoeserver not found
function stop_openvpn not found
function stop_openvpnserver not found
function stop_freeradius not found
Image too big for partition: linux
linux: Invalid argument
root@DD-WRT:/tmp#

(3) tftp: This router is similar to a TP-Link WR741ND, but as far as I can tell (watching with wireshark during power up with reset pressed), it doesn't have the tftp client feature that might enable a recovery from this situation by pulling a file from a tftp server. Also tried pushing from tftp client, following the dd-wrt tftp install procedure, but had no luck with that either.

Any suggestions on workarounds would be much appreciated. For instance, is there any modification that can be accomplished from a shell session on a running instance of dd-wrt to get around this? If the problem is just the size of the image, is there something similar to the micro Broadcom builds for these Atheros-based routers?

I've added a comment to

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5972

which already describes this problem having appeared in build 33345 on other hardware.

Thanks..
Jonathan_RG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:29    Post subject: TPLINK TL-WDR3500 v1 Reply with quote
Router Model: TPLINK TL-WDR3500 v1

Reset: Reset to defaults with flash procedure, erased NVRAM via telnet after flash.
Errors: No

Additional info:

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33375 std (09/19/17)
Time: 05:13:21 up 7:24, load average: 0.25, 0.29, 0.31
(load average is due YAMon3 running in background)

GUI faster than my previous build (r31924 05/02/17)
QoS, USB auto-mount and FTP working!
Cyntil8ing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 14:17    Post subject: TL-WDR4300 Reply with quote
Anyone got TFTP to revert to prior firmware versions for the WDR4300?

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm coming from r33375.

If you have, which firmware image did you use?
DinhoSV
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 20:24    Post subject: Re: TL-WDR4300 Reply with quote
Cyntil8ing wrote:
Anyone got TFTP to revert to prior firmware versions for the WDR4300?

It doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm coming from r33375.

If you have, which firmware image did you use?

My WDR4300 was stuck too with r33375. Tried to flash today and had to turn off Windows firewall to conect via tftp.
Succesfully upgraded to r33413.
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
tp link 2543 here.

Im also stuck in this firmware.

Any help to upgrade?

Normal upgrade reboots and still is in the same firmware.

Thanks

Edit. tried telnet but got this:

write tl-wr2543-webflash.bin linux
sirtalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 16:34    Post subject: not able to perform update to higher level Reply with quote
Same problem on TPLINK TL-WDR3600 - no update possible

last comment:

"
Edit. tried telnet but got this:

write tl-wr2543-webflash.bin linux
"

i would not expect that you can use the webflash image to perform the update in this way.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
please watch the thread for the newest firmware. i posted a problem description in it. and i posted also a solution for it, but only as solution description since there are no universal commands for each individual device since the bootloader on each device might have a different size.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks @brainslayer. Read ghe other thread, but I have no idea how to build the proper firmware.

Will keep reading.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
just follow it and be carefull. you have to understand the instructions before starting to avoid any brick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28    Post subject: Rosewill rnx-n150rt unstuck Reply with quote
I was able to get off build 33375 on a Rosewill rnx-n150rt using the procedure referred to by BrainSlayer above, which he posted in the thread for build 33492.

@BrainSlayer: Many thanks!
sirtalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04    Post subject: done Reply with quote
"
enable ssh on your device
copy factory-to-ddwrt.bin to /tmp
dd if=/dev/mtdblock6 of=/tmp/boot.bin bs=1 count=131072
cd /tmp
cat factory-to-ddwrt.bin >> boot.bin
mtd -f write boot.bin fullflash
reboot
________
"

works fine, thx a lot
gstef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32    Post subject: WRT160NL Flash problem Reply with quote
flash WRT160NL
I have see that most firmware 3.0 flashed by web GUI will brick the router (The startup log show "bad checksum").
but the same firmware programmed by tftp work perfetly..
Can be a problem in web server flashing routine?
thanks
ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone help me with the tplink 2543? Dont understand how to build the modified firmware.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I could help you I would. But I don't understand how this happened considering your post of almost a month ago.

"PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am Post subject: State of the DD-WRT project Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I've been using DD-WRT for years. Lately, the amount of testing going in before releasing new builds appears to be exactly zero.
- builds bricking devices left and right
- builds that just have no chance of even fitting on the device
- builds just AWOL (broadcom_K26 has been missing anything but the mini builds since 07-19-2017-r32753)
- you file tickets for them to get completely ignored
- documentation so outdated that it's basically useless
- I won't even mention the router "database", that's so bad that it should not be accessible at all, outright dangerous.
- last stable release 9 years ago.
- no support for x86/amd64 (no, noone with a bit of brain left is going to pay for alpha testing of this)

Towel thrown in?

Switched most of the remaining hardware to LEDE, will garbage whatever is not usable there.

R.I.P. Evil or Very Mad "

Navigation

Jump to: