NAS drive formatted in ext3 will not allow write aceess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
germainiac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:01    Post subject: NAS drive formatted in ext3 will not allow write aceess Reply with quote
Folks,

I have a Linksys WRT 1900AC router. I've been running an NTFS-formatted drive through Kong for some time, but I wanted to see if I could improve access speed with a drive formatted in ext3. So I formatted another drive that way, and successfully set it up with my router through Kong. I've been able to find and read the drive on my Win 10 computer, but for some reason the drive is read only and is denying me access to write to it. Access in NAS tab is set to "read-write", but still no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to make this writable?

Thanks,

Germainiac
Sponsor
germainiac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any ideas? Anyone?
DaveI
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can your windows 10 computer read and write to the drive when hooked directly to it?
According to this site you need to add a utility to enable Windows 10 to read/write ext3/ext4...

http://www.techgainer.com/how-to-mount-and-access-linux-partitions-ext4ext3ext2-in-windows-explorer-easily/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: