Joined: 18 Sep 2007
|Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08 Post subject: WRT600N 1.01.36 build 3 -> DD-WRT Success
|My new replacement from Linksys RMA:
FCC ID: Q87-WRT600NV11
Firmware version: 1.01.36 build 3
Connect to WRT600N through wire. Following Kalib's instruction, I skipped a few steps:
1) Download DD-WRT Pre-RC7 Build 9413 Mini, rename it something easy to remember (eg. 9413.bin).
2) Copy 9413.bin to the root of a USB flash drive.
3) Hard reset WRT600N and insert USB flash drive.
4) Log on 192.168.1.1 and go to Administration -> Diagnostics.
6) In Traceroute text box, enter but do not click anything:
write /tmp/memstick/host0_part1/9413.bin linux
7) Copy and Paste this in URL bar:
8) On IE7, the status bar should say "waiting for traceroute.cgi...". Wait until the page refreshes. (DD-WRT should be installed by this point. Power LED should be flashing steadily. If you scan for Wireless signal, DD-WRT should be present)
9) Hard reset WRT600N. Wired connection should be dead and Wireless should be active.
10) That's it. You have DD-WRT installed and 4 crippled LAN ports. Feel free to install other versions of DD-WRT.
I've tried official RC7 Mega, Mini, Micro, LAN ports are not working. At the end, I ended up installing mtdblock-1.bin from another thread to return the WRT600N to stock firmware. LAN ports and wireless are now working.