WRT600N 1.01.36 build 3 -> DD-WRT Success

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
killer23d
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:08    Post subject: WRT600N 1.01.36 build 3 -> DD-WRT Success Reply with quote
My new replacement from Linksys RMA:
Serial: MNR008309xxx
FCC ID: Q87-WRT600NV11
Built: 03/2008
Firmware version: 1.01.36 build 3

Connect to WRT600N through wire. Following Kalib's instruction, I skipped a few steps:

1) Download DD-WRT Pre-RC7 Build 9413 Mini, rename it something easy to remember (eg. 9413.bin).
2) Copy 9413.bin to the root of a USB flash drive.
3) Hard reset WRT600N and insert USB flash drive.
4) Log on 192.168.1.1 and go to Administration -> Diagnostics.
5) Enter on URL bar (IE7) : javascript:document.getElementById('Traceroute').maxLength=1000;void(0);

6) In Traceroute text box, enter but do not click anything:
write /tmp/memstick/host0_part1/9413.bin linux

7) Copy and Paste this in URL bar:
javascript:function ValidateForm1(passForm){res=1;if (document.forms[0].Traceroute.value == "") {res=0;alert(translate_str("Diagnostics",9));document.forms[0].Traceroute.focus();return false;}if (res == 1){document.forms[0].Traceroute.value = '192.168.1.1;'+document.forms[0].Traceroute.value+' ';passForm.tracertstr.value = document.forms[0].Traceroute.value;setTimeout("self.open 'Tracert.htm','Tracert','resizable=0,scrollbars=yes,width=800,height=480').focus();",1000);passForm.submit();}};ValidateForm1(document.forms[1]);

8) On IE7, the status bar should say "waiting for traceroute.cgi...". Wait until the page refreshes. (DD-WRT should be installed by this point. Power LED should be flashing steadily. If you scan for Wireless signal, DD-WRT should be present)

9) Hard reset WRT600N. Wired connection should be dead and Wireless should be active.

10) That's it. You have DD-WRT installed and 4 crippled LAN ports. Feel free to install other versions of DD-WRT.

I've tried official RC7 Mega, Mini, Micro, LAN ports are not working. At the end, I ended up installing mtdblock-1.bin from another thread to return the WRT600N to stock firmware. LAN ports and wireless are now working.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: