D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
FurryNutz wrote:
Different threads. I post how I see fit.
Thanks.

Malachi wrote:
FurryNutz wrote:
Just FYI, stock FW v1.20 is available thru the routers UI. Now supports 160Mhz on 5Ghz. Hopefully D-Link will post the file soon on there site. Wink

Is it really necessary to post the same thing multiple times? Please don’t.

Really? Then I may delete as I see fit. I asked, I won’t anymore.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just making sure users know about the information. Nothing wrong in that.
Not all user may be looking at all the threads.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
FurryNutz wrote:
Just making sure users know about the information. Nothing wrong in that.
Not all user may be looking at all the threads.

If they are here, they are using dd-wrt. You knew about the new oem firmware. Is it because you found that info posted in three different posts on the OpenWrt forum?
No, most likely you got it by checking the d-link site.

One time in the most viewed thread is enough.
There is an unspoken rule about double posting. You triple posted at the last count.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the DD-WRT forum right? Not the OpenWRT forum.

Ok. Ya I got it form my router though the files have not been officially posted yet. I wanted to let DD-WRT users know and the devs know so that maybe DD-WRT devs will make the newer version and drivers available for there DD-WRT users. I presume and hoped that the WRT devs may have already known about it, whoever just wanted to let everyone know is all.

I posted in separate threads so those interested would know about it is all. Most don't mind having some new information. It's informational only.

Have a nice day.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. My day is better now. At least two less posts on the forum.
Have a nice day.

Btw, your triplicate posts were left to stand since I mentioned not making the same post multiple times.
I only deleted two of them after you were rude. Had you not, I would have left them up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've got a couple of questions:

- There has been mention of a WiFi dropping / router randomly rebooting issue, do you still have to stick with the version before the 27th of March? I believe Solor mentioned build r39267. Or are the recent versions fixed?

- Would you recommend the "official" builds or broly's version?

- What is the bandwidth/throughput DD-WRT can really use on 2.4 GHz? How does this compare to stock firmware?

Thanks in advance!
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
DDoubleU wrote:
- There has been mention of a WiFi dropping / router randomly rebooting issue, do you still have to stick with the version before the 27th of March?

Problems are still being reported.
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
DDoubleU wrote:
Hi,

I've got a couple of questions:

Router randomly rebooting have all offical builds before march 27th, after march 27th builds have other issues, like devices cant connect to wireless (however there might be fix for that one, someone mentioned on SVN you need to enable "disable eapol key retries", this i KRACK protection that i personally, never paid any attention to because i always assumed its enabled by default).

Currently you should be using broly version, outside few UI quirks its stable and works

I personally never did any bandwidth tests, because i mostly use wifi for mobile devices/iot and not some file transfers, so for me if it can stream youtube/twitch, its good enough Smile
ashishchandra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone tried Brolys new build ?.
Finally882
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if it is appropriate to say that here someone compiled padavan and flash it and supports 160MHZ on 5GHZ.
notes:固件(Firmware) 更新(update) 自动重启(auto reboot)
http://www.acwifi.net/7629.html
kabi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
ashishchandra wrote:
Anyone tried Brolys new build ?.

Yep - checked today:

DD-WRT v4.14-r40189M CRISPIN (07/03/19)

And it actually does work for me.

At least in a way I'll keep it running and observing.

It's the first 4.14 based build for DIR-882 which does have decent WiFi performance.

My standard problem is - USB attached printer is not recognized and does not work.
zrog2000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got the latest Broly build installed and the wireless performance is great, but the webpage daemon keeps crashing and my internet performance is about 10% of what it should be. Not sure what I'm going to do next.

The standard dd-wrt builds don't work at all for me.
yhsss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same for me, used the latest broly build, httpd keeps crashing, and wl0 doesn't seem to save any settings.

I've gone back to dlink 1.2 fw for now
neatomos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
yhsss wrote:
Same for me, used the latest broly build, httpd keeps crashing, and wl0 doesn't seem to save any settings.

I'm on the fence with this router... as it is been waaaay too problematic in comparison to my other routers. With that, when you reverted back to D-Link's 1.2 firmware. Would you mind sharing which file you reverted with? I've tried several binaries of D-Link's firmware and so far they've been all rejected. I'm simply aiming for stability at this point.
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
neatomos wrote:
yhsss wrote:

I'm on the fence with this router... as it is been waaaay too problematic in comparison to my other routers. With that, when you reverted back to D-Link's 1.2 firmware. Would you mind sharing which file you reverted with? I've tried several binaries of D-Link's firmware and so far they've been all rejected. I'm simply aiming for stability at this point.

Every time what’s working fine for me when reverting back to stock, is Firmware v1.10. There are TWO firmware files inside. First you have to flash, of course only in “Emergency Mode”, the Middle Firmware and then simply upgrade to FW110B02. Don’t waste your time with trying other browsers than Internet Explorer on Windows. Keep your eyes on the counting % , rising up to 100 and finally ends with “success”.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: