D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Gazooo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 13:26    Post subject: PPPoE was broken Reply with quote
ManHammer wrote:
I don't know how to get more informations out. Is there any logging possible on pppd. I even tried to start it via telnet but same issue there.

PPPoE was broken for for a while. I think it's fixed in the latest version (but there were other issues). For my Dlink DIR-878 A1 the most stable build has been DD-WRT v3.0-r33607 std (10/25/17). No PPPoE disconnects.
Sponsor
sup2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
My DIR-882 connection keeps dropping. Turns out it's not just wifi but also ethernet.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
My dir-882 flashed with the latest, won’t enter into recovery mode. Is there any other way to restore factory firmware?
Is it a bug on recent builds?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
What version is everyone using?
kbalint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've installed the latest build to date, but PPPoe does not connect at all. does anyone have any info about that? how can I connect via ssh?
kbalint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally managed to make pppoe it work with the latest build to date.

I now have a serious problem with the wifi. I would like to use 2.4/5Ghz as well. From time-to-time 2.4's SID goes offline, sometimes clients get disconnected (happens every hour or so). 5ghz is even worse, clients get disconnected after max 2 minutes.

The max distance between the router and the clients is 4 meters, 90% time they physically can see the antennes, no obstruction.

Does anyone have a working config?
larkey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDIT (Solved):

I got help from a very kind admin at the DLink-Forums who suggested downgrading the FW v1.00b7 (from here tsd.dlink.com.tw).

This isn't that easy because v1.10b2 won't downgrade, and the recovery is buggy, as described. However I found a workaround:

1. Enter recovery mode
2. Load the WebUI, browse the file upgrade file, do *not* hit "Upload"
3. Reboot the router, again into recovery mode (s.t. the upload will be the first request sent, thus succeeding).
4. Perhaps wait a little more than the 3:40mins until "Succeeded" is automatically printed, the router should automatically reboot.

This method should, in theory, also work for directly flashing factory-to-ddwrt.bin, but for me it didn't work, for some reason I did get the "Suceeded" message but not the DD-WRT webui. And every try thereafter with factory-to-ddwrt.bin resulted in "Firmware upgrade failed".

Anyway, after you flashed that file, flash the webflash.bin and you should be good to go!

----------------

Hello,

I'm having problems flashing any build to my device, which however is the EU (Germany) edition. But it seems to be identical hardware-wise from what I can gather (it even ships a power adapter for other countries). When I unpacked the Router it ran v1.01 and I did the transitional upgrade to v1.04 and then v1.10 from ftp://ftp.dlink.de/dir/dir-882/driver_software/ and then flash the firmware through the recovery mode, using FF and/or Chrome on Linux.

I booted into recovery mode by holding reset and shutting the router down and then up again, til the status LED was blinking. I had my laptop connected to one of the LAN ports on the router and assigned 192.168.0.2 ($ sudo ip address add 192.168.0.2/24 broadcast + dev enp4s0) and I successfully reached the recovery page. I tried all of these factory-to-ddwrt.bin files: 2017/r330066 (mentioned here), 2018/r36247 (listed on the downloads page), 2018/r36330 (also listed).

Every flash on every firmware version failed the same way: After I hit the "Upload" button (and the POST request got sent), the browser did not receive any answer immediately, as if the webserver instantly died / crashed. I waited for up to 15mins before I rebooted, just to be safe, but I was greeted with the stock D-Link firmware every time.

Does any of you have any idea what could be wrong, or any pointers how to access some log to debug the issue further?
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone have uboot,please share. i need recovery.
m_p11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello!
I have dir-882 with Russian firmware 3.5.0 by default.
and i cant install in recovery ANY other firmware's, always there is message that image failed to pass verification
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
what is the ideal firmware version to sue for stable wifi? using this as an AP
jalfraag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
messerchmidt wrote:
what is the ideal firmware version to sue for stable wifi? using this as an AP

I'm using the latest 36808 and have had no problems. It's a great router and has the best 2.4ghz range of any I've owned.
hanmaan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
How does anyone keep track of which version does what? I just tried to update and found that build 37139 had a USB mount problem - I had to search the tickets to find that this is a raised/fix issue. Are there long term stable builds or we have to just have to risk it when we update?
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
hanmaan wrote:
How does anyone keep track of which version does what?

If you're technically inclined, you can read through the Timeline

hanmaan wrote:
Are there long term stable builds ...

No. Just beta releases for current routers.
hanmaan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
As full of information the timeline is, it won't say what is changing build to build.

Guess people will just end up posting updates like:

Version Notes
35831 Port forwarding doesn't work
35927 Random reboots
36808 Untried, reported good
37139 USB won't mount
37305 Fixes the 37139 bug with USB won't mount, under review
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those curious,
No real issues encountered yet with build 10-10-2018-r37305, which has been up and running for the past two days...

UPDATE 3: 5 days and counting...

Last edited by casualtester on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:54; edited 3 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: