D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iangh wrote:
Haven't learnt that one should reset to defaults with upgrades due to a different kernel I ventured forth.

Both 42336 and 42617 logged me in to my ISP using PPP0E. Unfortunately, the wireless performance was dire relative to 39396: it was unstable and had lower speeds than 39296.

Tried Broly's 42670 but couldn't get that to register with my ISP. Tried re-booting router and modem to no avail.

After 3 hours of frustration I returned to the safe bosom of 39296. If anybody is using Broly's and PPPoE, did you do anything other than input the username and password?

I've managed to sort the issue on 42747 (non Broly's build).

It seems like for whatever reason my Amazon Echo's and smart plugs need to be on their on virtual WLAN.

Since creating the virtual WLAN adding the devices and then doing the reboot they connect for days.

Only slight issue I have noticed is the PPPOE uptime counter on the WAN status resets to zero at midnight every night.

The actual PPPOE does not drop.

Wireless speeds are stable on 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Think this is the most stable DD-WRT build I have found for the DIR-882.

I factory reset'd and then uploaded my config file, then did a full reboot.
Sponsor
phzr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone following build 42914 seems to have resolved most issues discussed in this thread. Stable. All features working and good Wifi speeds
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread should not be used as a one-stop shop help desk, etc. Not going to have a thread turn into 100 pages of unnecessary cumbersome nonsense. Check the build release threads, report issues there. Otherwise, use search function, Google, or open a new thread with specific build revision number to discuss issues. Thank you.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: