D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since March I feel like a member of the forgotten tribe of DD-WRT. Smile Will we ever be brought in from the wilderness? Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
Gazooo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:55    Post subject: Drivers being worked on Reply with quote
Iangh wrote:
Since March I feel like a member of the forgotten tribe of DD-WRT. Smile Will we ever be brought in from the wilderness? Crying or Very sad

I don't think we can blame BrainSlayer in this case. Basically the marvel mt7615 drivers need fixes so that they will work with the new kernel used by DDWRT.

The good thing is that the mt7615 drivers are constantly being worked on and we might even see Dir-882 and Dir-878 supported by OpenWRT in the near future:

https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/tree/master/mt7615

For now just use 3-27-2019-r39296 and check back in a few months once the drivers have matured.

You can track the DDWRT drivers for the routers here:
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/src/router/mac80211/drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7615
Rollo1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 15:47    Post subject: Netgear R7450 Reply with quote
Looks like the build of DIR-882 is almost identical to my Nighthawk R7450. I've been looking for a halfway decent alt. firmware for this device for a long time. Should I try to flash the 882 DD-WRT onto the R7450?
Don't hold back just give it to me straight Doc.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 17:02    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7450 Reply with quote
Rollo1 wrote:
Looks like the build of DIR-882 is almost identical to my Nighthawk R7450. I've been looking for a halfway decent alt. firmware for this device for a long time. Should I try to flash the 882 DD-WRT onto the R7450?
Don't hold back just give it to me straight Doc.

No.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 22:05    Post subject: Re: Netgear R7450 Reply with quote
Is it just me or is the current brody/crispin

v4.14-r41042M CRISPIN

Buggy?

I am considering downgrading to a old v3 which ran like butter but just want to make sure its not something i've done.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 22:43    Post subject: Re: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnect Reply with quote
markus7010 wrote:
jalfraag wrote:
NotAutistic wrote:
Hello,

I recently updated my Dlink DIR-882 2600 to the latest Broly/Crispin Build DD-WRT v4.14-r40452M CRISPIN (07/28/19) - Anyone else having problems with it? Also, I cannot edit the 2.4Ghz advanced settings, I've had this problem since 3-27-2019-r39296

Broly's 40555 build is still the same; 2.4Ghz advanced settings all messed up along with httpd crashing every time changes are applied.
Only the older kernel versions are usable for this router.

Same to me. httpd, telnet and ssh are crashing nearly after every apply with Broly's build. So the router become inaccessible. The only way to keep it alive is to leave open one session of telnet or ssh and restart httpd every time it crashes Rolling Eyes

you guys do realise i don't read the forums much right? if you want things fixed, you should be sending me private messages. i didn't even know the wl0 advanced settings weren't saving. i'm looking into it.

and with respect to httpd crashing everytime: please, don't blame me. i can show you a live video of my build working just fine.

when you guys fuck with nvram settings quite a bit, then yes it may crash. but that has nothing to do with my build. granted, i run a pretty basic setup, i've had people thanking me for a fully functional wireguard+QoS build and no httpd crashing.

more often than not, issues you experience with httpd are attributable to your nvram settings. anyways i'll look into why the advanced settings for wl0 aren't saving. that is indeed weird.

edit: i found the problem. see how easy things can be FIXED if you ASK instead of WHINE? the issue is in httpd/validate/webs.c:#L1311. BS has advanced settings for wl0 save to wl. i'll set this back to wl0 for now but i'm not sure if this will screw anything up. i hope not.

dear whiners. i have fixed the saving issue on the advanced panel. however i'm not too thrilled BS' macro for has_acktiming crashes httpd when displaying basic settings (even when i correct the ifdef to defined(RT2880) || defined(RT61)

remember, my dear whiners. if you want fixes and improvements, the best way to do that is MESSAGE ME INSTEAD OF CRYING HERE. ask others! i try my best to accommodate any FUNCTIONAL issue. so make a REPRODUCIBLE scenario, send me a message, and i'll be happy to help.

41164++ will have wl0's advanced settings able to save. sorry about that.

"But of this I can assure you that there is not a movement of any body of Men however small whether on Horse-back or on foot, nor an operation or March of any description nor any Service in the field that is not formed upon some mathematical principle, and in the performance of which the knowledge and practical application of the mathematicks will be found not only useful but necessary. The application of the Mathematicks to Gunnery, Fortification, Tactics, the survey and knowledge of formal Castrametation [setting up camp] etc. cannot be acquired without study"
"Only by adopting an infinitely small unit for observation, the differential in history otherwise known as human homogeneity, and perfecting the art of integration (the adding up of infinitesimals) can we have any hope of determining the laws of history"
jalfraag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:49    Post subject: Re: Latest Broly/Crispin update unstable/constant disconnect Reply with quote
Apologies for the whine and thanks for your work on here.

I've tried v41164 and httpd isn't crashing and wl0 advanced settings are now saving. I'm still, however, finding wl0 only connects at 11Mb/s. Tried a few different configs, repeater, AP etc but with no success.
I'm also getting this error whilst setting up entware by executing opt-opkg-upd.sh

/bin/opt-opkg-upd.sh: line 28: opkg: command not found

Thanks again.

I've pm'd this too
j0ep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed v41164 and testing connection speeds:

Wl0 - 65Mbps (NG-Mixed, Wide HT40)
Wl1 - 135Mbps (AC/N-Mixed, VHT60)

I'm wondering what the best settings are for Network mode and channel width?

Edit: After moving device the connection speeds are even better! Wl1 @ 433Mbps.
NotAutistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build v41218 has considerably better performance than the previous builds; wl0 (2.4g) NG-Mixed is showing speeds of 800mbps (Previously speeds were sitting around 150mbps). Great improvement.

Edit: Caution! build(s) v41240 - v41242 have bricked my router(s) - Use caution if you're going to use those versions. The last working build, for me, was v41218.

If someone can test them and let me know if they had the same problem, that would be great.
PacketLoss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 13:14    Post subject: Upgrading to newest build Reply with quote
I was not able to upgrade to the newest build either, the 882 does take the flash, but once it reboots no access to the 882. I was able to use recovery flash and went back to 10/2 code.

Tried to flash using restore defaults, and still not able to get a working 882. No lights, no traffic will pass (tried 192.168.1.0/24 subnet static so on, nothing worked).

I have the 882 on the side for testing, it's not part of my network until it's fully stable.

Last edited by PacketLoss on Thu Oct 10, 2019 13:15; edited 3 times in total
broly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 22:02    Post subject: Re: Upgrading to newest build Reply with quote
PacketLoss wrote:
I was not able to upgrade to the newest build either, the 882 does take the flash, but once it reboots no access to the 882. I was able to use recovery flash and went back to 10/2 code.

I did not restore defaults upon upgrading.

packetloss and notautistic have to be the same person.

flashed via recovery mode just fine.

here are the pictures.

stop making shit up people. it's quite sad. making me up my post count to combat bullshit.

Quote:

6: System Enter UBoot to Update Img or Bin.

abuffer(TX Packet buffer) = 0x87FE4D00
Trying Eth0 (10/100-M)

Waitting for RX_DMA_BUSY status Start... done

ETH_STATE_ACTIVE!!
checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad
checksum bad
Got ARP REQUEST, return our IP
Got ARP REQUEST, return our IP
*********** len: 1156, s->dataSize: 1156
*********** len: 1156, s->dataSize: 1156
checksum bad
checksum bad

=================================================
Check image validation:
Image1 Header Magic Number --> OK
Image1 Header Checksum --> OK
Image1 Data Checksum --> OK

=================================================
*********** len: 1355, s->dataSize: 1355
updating img...........

Erase linux kernel block !!
From 0x60000 length 0xFA0000
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Copy linux image[16212081 byte] from [0x84000000] to SPI Flash[0x00060000]....

this is what things have come down to...

"But of this I can assure you that there is not a movement of any body of Men however small whether on Horse-back or on foot, nor an operation or March of any description nor any Service in the field that is not formed upon some mathematical principle, and in the performance of which the knowledge and practical application of the mathematicks will be found not only useful but necessary. The application of the Mathematicks to Gunnery, Fortification, Tactics, the survey and knowledge of formal Castrametation [setting up camp] etc. cannot be acquired without study"
"Only by adopting an infinitely small unit for observation, the differential in history otherwise known as human homogeneity, and perfecting the art of integration (the adding up of infinitesimals) can we have any hope of determining the laws of history"
NotAutistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 23:04    Post subject: Re: Upgrading to newest build Reply with quote
PacketLoss wrote:

I did not restore defaults upon upgrading.

Same problem I was getting, here's the response I got from broly.
NotAutistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
What Broly fails to show in his screenshots is that he calls both of us a liar I'm convinced that he might be autistic
j0ep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same here, the latest build is not working. Directly after flashing all lights are off on the 882. After rebooting same effect, short blink orange led and then nothing.

I flashed 3 times, 1x webflash and 2x recovery. Nothign helped. Went back to the 41164 build. After reverting back and restoring setting, I manually had to set the static IP on the WAN interface again before packet forwarding worked. On the status page I still don't see a WAN MAC.

Will pm broly as well, but I would be really carefull flashing the latest Oct releases!
Taqiya_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
FIRMWARE NOT VORK.

I TRY FLASH.

BUT I TELL TRUTH. I SAWEAR.

In Islam, Taqiya or Taqiyya (ChickenScratch: تقیة‎ taqiyyah, literally "prudence, fear") is a precautionary dissimulation or denial of religious belief and practice in the face of persecution. Another term for this concept, kitmān (lit. "action of covering, dissimulation"), has a more specific meaning of dissimulation by silence or omission.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: