D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:49    Post subject: Re: Reset your router Reply with quote
Gazooo wrote:

If I remember correctly when upgrading you have to reset all our settings as the jump from r39296 to the latest version is so huge (completely different kernel versions).

Thanks, that makes sense.
Sponsor
exodia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I just recently flashed my newly bought dir-882 router in order to use the qos of ddwrt to remove bufferbloat for my gaming. Unluckily, I tried the latest version 40559 and my router just crashes whenever I turn on the qos. Then after that my pc cannot access the webgui even though ipconfig shows 192.168.1.1 as gateway. Is there a version where qos does not cause crashing?

Thank you very much
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
exodia wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I just recently flashed my newly bought dir-882 router in order to use the qos of ddwrt to remove bufferbloat for my gaming. Unluckily, I tried the latest version 40559 and my router just crashes whenever I turn on the qos. Then after that my pc cannot access the webgui even though ipconfig shows 192.168.1.1 as gateway. Is there a version where qos does not cause crashing?

Thank you very much

1) Do NOT use the router database. Look in the forum for build release threads.

That build had all sorts of random issues, if memory serves. I mean, it was last August, and there have been many new release builds since then.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

And before you go there, ALL releases have been beta since 2008. Caveat Emptor, YMMV, and all that stuff.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r42287 today and I have had a few throughput issues on WiFi both bands. All my devices were thrown off 2.4ghz earlier.

I have tried to roll back to stock and IE times out on every stock firmware version using D-Link recovery mode.

Any advice on how to return to stock?
NotAutistic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Client Mode / Client Bridge Mode (Routed)

Does not work
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had to roll back to stock D-Link after an issue with my TP-Link 54g smart devices constantly dropping off the wifi every 30 seconds.

D-Link stock firmware is so restrictive its ridiculous.
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using 42335 on 882A1 at the minute, seems stable enough, no random reboots or 5Ghz signal disappearing that used to happen with the old 39296 i was still on. Only using the router as an AP though.
mrwulf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chade Fallstar wrote:
Using 42335 on 882A1 at the minute, seems stable enough, no random reboots or 5Ghz signal disappearing that used to happen with the old 39296 i was still on. Only using the router as an AP though.

Mine was faultless for 4 days and then I noticed the smart devices being unavailable.

Checked DD-WRT and they were connected on LEGACY and all 4 of them were disconnecting off the wifi every 30 seconds.
exodia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 18:06    Post subject: Your dir-882 kernel and ddwrt version Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I am here again. I tried flashing build #36527 and it became stable for about a week but after that the 5ghz band disappeared without me changing anything in configuration. I would like to ask you guys what version do you use now that is somehow stable and where qos is use-able. I need this for my gaming as I lag when somebody starts streaming youtube.

Thank you very much,
exodia
exodia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrwulf wrote:
Chade Fallstar wrote:

Mine was faultless for 4 days and then I noticed the smart devices being unavailable.

Checked DD-WRT and they were connected on LEGACY and all 4 of them were disconnecting off the wifi every 30 seconds.

Hi mrwulf,

I would like to ask you if problem still exists for build 42335. I’m thinking of flashing to that build as well. I read through the forums about ddwrt on dir-882 and this is what I read so far:
36527 - stable but no queueing discipline (personally tried)
39296 - most stable for 2019 build but no queueing discipline (my build so far)
39538 - unstable but start of build with queueing discipline
40559 - fqcodel issue, 5ghz issue (personally encountered)
41784 - same issue
42335 - seems stable as per user (might personally try)

I do not specifically know what builds broly made but props to him as well because I read many posts citing and thanking him.

To all the developers and people who contribute and help for the benefit of this amazing firmware, I want to thank you all so much.
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haven't learnt that one should reset to defaults with upgrades due to a different kernel I ventured forth.

Both 42336 and 42617 logged me in to my ISP using PPP0E. Unfortunately, the wireless performance was dire relative to 39396: it was unstable and had lower speeds than 39296.

Tried Broly's 42670 but couldn't get that to register with my ISP. Tried re-booting router and modem to no avail.

After 3 hours of frustration I returned to the safe bosom of 39296. If anybody is using Broly's and PPPoE, did you do anything other than input the username and password?
phzr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im on 39296. Wifi speeds are pretty bad but any build forward of that including Brolys refuses to connect to ISP using PPPOE
i0ntempest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
phzr wrote:
Im on 39296. Wifi speeds are pretty bad but any build forward of that including Brolys refuses to connect to ISP using PPPOE
Do you get random reboots? I get kinda frequent KPs on 39296 (2-7 a week) so I decided to move on. Now I'm on the bleeding edge.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
NOTICE: For those following this device and Official and Unofficial firmware, i.e. Broly's Crispin builds, this topic has been split. Please find Broly's build in the sticky at the top of the forum and discuss issues with his builds there, and Official BS build issues in this thread. Thank you.

-Moderator staff

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324036

EDIT: The above topic was removed due to GPL violations. If you are going to publicly release any DD-WRT builds compiled by your own local development environment that include any modifications or changes, you *must* publicly publish your entire development source code tree. https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 14:54; edited 1 time in total
phzr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
i0ntempest wrote:
phzr wrote:
Do you get random reboots? I get kinda frequent KPs on 39296 (2-7 a week) so I decided to move on. Now I'm on the bleeding edge.

Yeh I do. Sometimes I get through a day fine. Yesterday I had like 3 reboots.

But can't get any future builds to connect via PPPOE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: