D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02    Post subject: D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm brand new to the custom router firmware community, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a DIR-882 router which appears to be supported by dd-wrt build 33006 20170803. That date stamp is super recent! I can't find any info on this router in the forums, or any release notes (I'm assuming I'm just blind on that front). I've been reading through posts like the peacock thread but it mentions that it's for Broadcom only and most of these haven't been updated in years, so I find it all a little confusing/intimidating.

I'm pretty confident I can handle flashing the firmware, especially as I have a friend who likes to hack around hardware, but I'm nervous if this is actually a working piece of software for this router and if I'm just going to brick it if things are quite up to code as it were. I don't really want to spend another $200 on what's currently a brand new piece of hardware Smile

Any advice, tips, knowledge, etc. that you guys can provide me to help with this project? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's are 2 more targeted questions:
This router is not listed in the Router Database, but it is in the Supported Devices list.
What is the difference between the two lists?
Am I safe to install the version listed in supported devices and have things work?

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the router database. Follow the supported devices page.
You maybe he only one with this router. Try it.
D-link routers have a recover mode. Google d-link emergency room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: Build 33006 appears to have worked on this router! I'm still messing with settings and trying to figure out how everything works, but it's at least up and running!!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a dir-878 on the way which is the same router minus USB ports. Curious to see how it compares to my r7800, rt-ac68p and wrt1900ac.
I wanted one of all the major chipsets. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Small issue?
When I look at the advanced wireless settings for the 5GHz band, they match the 2.4GHz options. Even the transmission speed talks about the same slower speeds of up to 54Mbps. More importantly for me; I don't see anything talking about MU-MIMO which this router supports. Any ideas why I'd have identical settings showing for WL0 and WL1 advanced?
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Working well on my dir-878 which is the same unit minus the USB port.
There is no CPU or radio temperature readout. May be a limitation of the chipset.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
moved my big post down since the developers don't respect other people's time.

i may post the odd update here and there, but i feel it's fair to say i've hit the limit (arguably did around sept 25)

since the developer "community" has a strong desire to see the hindus' shitty-MIPS-clone, aka ARM, win, i've decided to say FUCK the LINUX project.** i know sir tim and bill would understand.

*[edit 20122017 17:54GMT]-- changed "fuck this project (dd-wrt)" to "fuck the LINUX project" because mr gottschall deserves more respect after he posted 4.14 for me pretty much. thank you again. i wouldn't have found the IRQ-MIPS-GIC issue otherwise!

this entire situation feels like powerpc trying to bury x86, but with IBM and INTEL's finances reversed. so fuck this pathetic show. now i know why padavan peaced it out years ago.

i should have known from the massive "updates" to the mips interrupt handler (IRQ_IPI,SMP_IPI&, and their forced inclusion) at the expense of proper hardirq support, that they would stop at nothing:
Quote:
11-09 10:37:17.108: genirq: Flags mismatch irq 23. 00000004 (wlan0) vs. 00000004 (Ralink_ESW)

yeah what a great fucking IRQ handler. HARDIRQs down the shitter so "they" (along with "their" token "techie") can feel GUHOODH (good) about themselves, while we're stuck in shitty softIRQ land.

thanks alot, MUTTI (merkel needa get MERCED imo)

[27122017 20:00GMT]Just for MITT, who thought his "recruits" could step

you wanna maul with the kid?
watch your step
you might fall trying to do what i did

(ask mitt's recruits who had a 6+year head start and unlimited support ROFFLES)

remove great passages from "ibm and the holocaust" because people should be able to get the idea just from this comment. if you haven't read it, i recommend you do. it's a fantastic book

Escape From Dullesville indeed, Ted (Rogers [Video]). Thanks for setting the bar high for all Canadians, Sir (William) Stephenson and Mr. Scott.
(last one because it's FUCKING HILARIOUS):
hahahhahahahahaha when will you guys just pack it in, man?
hold on, hold on... one more
"vite vay is muslim vay" amirite? *kneeslap* hahahahahhahaha
*(or vice-versa)

well, we finally learn the truth (Bankers and the search for a separate peace during World War II, by Jonathan Victor Marshall).
i want to be clear about a few things:
  • the area(s) of Psychiatry, Neurology, and their intersection(s) are deeply indebted to Wallenberg family members who agreed to fund the pioneering work (1,2, a sample of the typical, sophisticated, medical commentary in the field that resulted resulted from this work) of Dr. David Ingvar, Dr Niels Lassen and Dr Goran Franzen that focused on gleaning neuronal activity using haemodynamic properties of the brain. i would not be here if not for this work. as sir isaac said: if i have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants
  • i am NOT a communist, nor capitalist. some tend may associate certain beliefs (of mine) as "left" or "right", but such leanings have never influenced my beliefs. leave me out of this aimless armchair-philosophising, political tug-of-war; i have better things to do. (such as ensuring BAB's conduct is reprimanded. something he thought wouldn't happen)
  • my job was to ensure the parties who have (indirectly; typical Clan Campbell fashion) (ab)used the Bell Telephone Company assets ("The Telephone Plot") were exposed. vilifying other countries for television ratings that juice paper promises ("profits") are not the economics Smith spoke of.
    • stop blaming other countries for your own fuckups. i've had to sit on my ass with my colleagues' words of caution "be good boy, broly" echoing in my head for five fucking years because it seems this disaster has profound implications on everyone. 1-1427918

• as Sir Robert (WALPOLE, WHO ELSE? not PEEL. that's for sure!) and Father/Son Pitt so-passionately yearned to say: the gig is up "Clan Campbell". no more deflecting of your role in all of this. you should be embarrassed for your conduct towards fellow clans over the past few centuries; forcing citizens to harbour terrorists on the soil they call HOME. shame on you.

the mutter of the meathead
"HUHUHUHUHUH [sped-up beavis and butthead laugh] THANKS YOUR MAJESTY HUHUHUHUHUH" MLSE when they've been lead to believe they've "successfully" dumped another billion-dollar bank bomb on HRH--i.e., converted their inflated trash debt to sovereign debt. haven't you fucking delinquent junkies exceeded your tab by now? fuck sakes

Last edited by broly on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07; edited 176 times in total
broly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 22:05    Post subject: static g++/gcc/binutils is a success Reply with quote
here's a GNUBS'D-out System V (or "linux" if you take uname seriously) DD-WRT image with a native BASH shell (with Linux-PAM, DNSCRYPT, OPENDPI, BLOGIC's Hardware NAT for MT7621 devices, WPA3 Support, ENTWARE; don't think the first five are in BS' build). tools were built/based on a NeXTSTEP derivative with GLIBC.

currently kernel 4.14.150 and DD-WRT v41361
YO TP-LINK/LINKSYS/ASUS. hook up an A10/AC85P/EA7500etc, i'd love to finish/fill out my build with that extra 128MB (assuming the SPI can tolerate >16MB payload)
latest FW SE [special edition dedicated to John Crispin, aka blogic): factory-to-ddwrt.bin, dlink-dir882-a1-webflash.bin, GCC820/BINUTILS2311, LOOTBAG*, SHARED BSDPerl5.30.1

*lootbag contains: glibc/bash/coreutils locales+tor0.4.1.6+PHP7.3.7+manpages+GNU Midnight Commander4.8.23+GNUMake4.2+JAVA (via JamVM)+GRoFF1.22.4+minidlna+VIm8.1(2-2123)+tcl8.6.9+Tk8.6.9+libX11-1.6.7*

directory tree of latest FW: https://pastebin.com/xSjhxWwC LAST UPDATED 11102019 18:29GMT
bootlog of the latest FW: https://pastebin.com/CR2Lgayj LAST UPDATED 11102019 18:29GMT
old versions
(4.14.148/41331) factory-to-ddwrt.bin, dlink-dir882-a1-webflash.bin

LAUNDRY LIST/INFO

• [15122019 22:54GMT] (41331+) i'm trying to improve or get around the tx power limitations, so i've been playing with the dat files in /etc/Wireless. if anyone has tips or familiarity with realtek stuff and how to up the txpower (just because we can), let me know!
  • [09102019 23:18GMT] (41269+) the SES (left) button now disabled the 2.4G radio, and the WPS (right) button disables the 5G radio. enjoy this fully-functional killer firmware. so good that people are trying to create false rumours about being unable to flash lol.
  • [07102019 02:29GMT] (41242+) usb automount up and running bitches.
  • [06102019 02:12GMT] (41241+) i have now symlinked /usr/local/ to /opt/. so if you mount a usb drive on /opt/, it should have its contents appear in /usr/local. i find this highly desirable. also, enjoy the binutils/gcc suite for this platform. i have tested it and it can compile perl from source. must be pretty, pretty good Wink
  • [06102019 02:12GMT] (41240+) i have fixed the webgui issues. thanks for your patience guys. really. thank you.
  • [20062019 03:08GMT] i really feel like, this build is as good as when i had dd-wrt on my WNDR3700v1 (AR7161). that was the goal. it seems it has been realised. wow
  • [18062019 22:41GMT it really does seem like the mt76 driver is trash. i just wanted to finish it because daryl is looking for anything to feel good (like me saying mt76 is trash and not finishing it, which daryl would then argue was my 'excuse' for being inadequate). anyways, back to rt2880 i go! i don't know why i doubt myself with all the fanmail i've gotten, but fear not: rt2880 is back until further notice. self-doubt can be a good thing sometimes anyways. at least i know madwifi/ath9k/etc codepaths now!
  • [18062019 19:18(*AHEM*)GMT] ladies and genteelmen, i present... an MT76ified FW. still beta, but should work. gui works great. stupid vht_capab setting may need to be edited out to reduce aggravation, but it looks good. HIGHLY BETA, BUT IF YOU'RE BORED, GIVE ER A TRY: factory-to-ddwrt-SE-mt76.bin webflash-mt76.bin
  • [17062019 17:00GMT] from what i can see, this driver is trash. i'm going to spend a day or two trying to fix the webgui stuff, but i seriuosly doubt it will fix the issues. this driver (in 2Ghz mode so far) is pure ass. plain and simple. the interface may look nicer than the proprietary driver, but it's way more aggravating since hostapd is super picky. this was the biggest waste of fucking time EVER>
  • [19032019 21:47GMT] i'm not sure i need to do anything to enable WPA3-EAP (the driver doesn't do anything special for WPA2 EAP, so i assume that holds here). OWE is not ready yet, so i'll add that when it is.
  • to use ENTWARE, do the following:
    Quote:
    mkdir /mnt/main #make main mount point directory
    mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/main #mount USB drive to main mount directory
    opt-opkg-upd.sh #run the opkg/entware installer script

you now have opkg, and can install packages willy-nilly (tested myself! ENJOY! THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN I ANTICIPATED)
  • additional information about RT2880 (MT7615x2) configuration/manipulation

• each radio now uses one configuration file (i.e. CONFIG_MULTI_PROFILE=n produces AC3467 at 5GHz)
    • VAPs can have distinct wireless channels from the main ssid. To set them, use wl{0,1}_channel=ssid1chan;vap1chan;vap2chan;vap3chan;...;vapNchan where the ordering of the N VAPs' channels (not sure if the limit N is 4, 8 or 16 different channels for VAPS on a single radio) should correspond to the order they are listed in the DD-WRT interface (or nvram settings). I think it's possible to have more VAPs than distinct channels for the respective radio. This feature should really let the mt7615 shine (deal with the reboots. don't create VAPs willy nilly and expect it in 10 seconds k, sometimes it takes 25-30seconds more)
    • users can instantiate the "wl{0,1}_dbdc={0,1}" nvram variable to enable DBDC mode for whichever radio. AC3467 is currently only possible without DBDC mode from my cursory assessment. still a work in progress.
    • PRO TIP #1: switching from BS to my build, or vice-versa, CAN (but SHOULD not [from my experience flashing back and forth for debugging purposes]) corrupt your nvram because we use different NVRAM drivers. BACK UP your settings and restore them after first-boot.

• additional information about SNMPD

• snmpd now linked to openssl and supports many more encryption types compared to before.
    • snmpd_conf is now leveraged by services. you can include additional arguments you'd like in snmpd.conf using this nvram variable, which is present in the httpd GUI when enabling the service. enabling encryption requires multiple lines, which can be entered as follows (thx ArchWiki) <angle brackets for command line-equivanet>
      Quote:
      <nvram set snmpd_conf=">rouser *desired username for snmp crypto*<hit enter>
      createUser *desired username for snmp crypto* SHA *desired SHA password* AES *desired AES password*"<hit enter>

• additional information regarding NVRAM usage:

• unlike BS's build, my build adheres to the manufacturer's NVRAM partitioning specification, thereby enabling usage of the full 88KB NVRAM spread across the (manufacturer's) five partition scheme. this approach yields 24KB more than BS's "generic" nvram driver that does not use the manufacturer's partitions AT ALL, instead opting to allocate+create a distinct 64KB NVRAM partition. choice is up to YOU, the (YO)USER
    • by default
      Quote:
      nvram show

will display all nvram banks. i have added the option to show only ONE bank, specified either by the bank name or number (first number in square brackets, second number is the size [in bytes]) as follows:
      Quote:
      nvram show {RT2860_NVRAM [0;32768],RTDEV_NVRAM [1;8192], WIFI3_NVRAM [2;8192], CERT_NVRAM [3;4096], CONFIG2_NVRAM [4;32768]}

• by default, {RTDEV,WIFI3,CERT}_NVRAM are used as a last-resort (i.e. only if {CONFIG,CONFIG2}_NVRAM are nearly full). the "almost full" heuristic used by the NVRAM is "(nvram_size-nvram_used) / nvram_size < .05"--i.e., less than 5% free.

• RT2860_NVRAM does not use the heuristic criteria above; instead there is a hard cap of 1000 variables to ensure each variable can accommodate a reasonably-large string.
      • use RALINK's nvram_set if you want to manually set variables to a desired bank; services will have no problem reading/using them.

• CERT_NVRAM holds the sshd_host key (can't hold much more. 4096 capacity. thought i'd make use of it for the certificate)

• supported languages are (as of 35771): traditional chinese, german, hungarian, italian, latvian, polish, russian, portuguese, and english.
  • setuserpasswd/httpd's passwd change mechanism uses crypt_r, where i generate the (necessary) 2-byte salt via arc4random_buf--i.e., it is not generated by PAM, but is "PAM-esque". if you want a "pam password", use the "passwd" utility via sshd/telnet

THANK YOUS

----
interlude:
truly grateful to be here, and not live in fear of being persecuted for being an independent thinker. don't know if i'd get that opportunity in any other country.

thank you for taking an immeasurable leap of faith in trying to teach us "The Way" over 200 years ago, Lord/Marquess Cornwallis
this is for you, SIR (doctor) MacKay (and of course: clan MacKAY), Sir TIM (you guys should know who this is), Clan(s) Cunningham Ross (ofc) and MANY others. thank you so much for taking a chance on us.), and of course, HRH HM!!
----

• What's Different in your version of DD-WRT compared to the rest?

• first and foremost: gLIBC 2.28. we disclose briefly disclose noteworthy distinctions, so readers can compare and contrast.

• bash 5.0.11(4) [bash/bashbug] latest patches applied.
      • util-linux 2.34 [libmount/libuuid/liblkid/libfdisk{.so.1.x.x}, cfdisk, mount, umount, findmnt, login, pivot_root, hwclock, swapon, swapoff, agetty, rfkill]
      • libBSD ncurses 6.1 [patched up to 05102019] [libncurses++tw,libncursestw/libsmartcolstw/libpanel/libformtw] (tw suffix meanes "threaded+wide").compiled with reentrant,pthread-eintr,color-fgbgb,ext-colors, and the screen driver (among other things).
      • glib20 2.55.0 (using wide+threaded curses,util-linux mount, and libpcre-jit 8.41 for internal PCRE) [gmodule/gthread/gobject/gio/libiconv/gettext/gnuintl]
      • net-tools 1.60n [ifconfig]
      • SysV syslogd/klogd 1.5.0 because the busybox versions weren't working the way i wanted.
      • BSD(Apple) telnetd [telnetd] uses PAM authentication. (busybox's telnetd can't accommodate PAM-based logins)
      • GNU 'which' 2.21 (c'man, who WOULDN'T want GNU which?!)
      • coreutils 8.31 [all programs in single binary](threads+iconv+gnuintl)
      • iproute2, iproute2-ss170905 [ip,tc]
      • iptables 1.6.2 [iptables, ip6tables]
      • ebtables 2.0.10-4 [ebtables]
      • libpcap 1.8.1 [libpcap.so]
      • libdnet 1.10/1.11 [libdnet.so.2.43.2 {unofficial}/libdnet.1.0.1{official}] (1.10 used by common linux distros; 1.11 is OG. kept both to cement DD-WRT's OG status)
      • libgudev-233 [libgudev-1.0.so.0.2.0] (gnome and SysV's seemingly-eternal, yet recently-disturbed matrimony needed this*)
      • procps 3.2.8 [libproc-3.2.8.so/proc/ps/sysctl] again, their inclusion is justified by the added functionality
      • kmod-2.6 [kmod+{modprobe,depmod,insmod,rmmod,lsmod,modinfo} symlinks] (added functionality over busybox justifies inclusion)
      • pci-utils 3.5.5 [libpci.so.3.5.5] (built with kmod for an immersive experienced)
      • e2fsprogs 1.44.0 [libe2p.so/libext2fs.so, mke2fs, tune2fs]
      • GNUfindutils 4.7.0 [xargs,find] (iconv+intl+pthreads)
      • GNUawk 5.0.1 [gawk] (libsigsegv+iconv+pthread+gnuintl'd)
      • GNUbison 3.4.1 [bison] (iconv+intl+pthreads)
      • GNUsed 4.7 [sed] (iconv+intl+pthreads)
      • GNUscreen 4.6.2[/url] [screen] (working on optimising usage of screen. would like it to get called at login time; ~/.screenrc points to /usr/local/home/.screenrc). thank you maarten and jussi
      • cap 2.25 [libcap.so] (capabilities library)
      • grep 3.3 [grep] (pcre+iconv+threads+intl)
      • attr 1.43.4 [libattr.so] (attributes library)
      • acl 2.2.52 [libacl.so] (access control lists library)
      • Linux-PAM 1.3.1 [/lib/security, /etc/pam.d]
      • shadow 4.5 [user{add,mod,del},group{add,mod,del}] (user-friendly utilities [when we get root] to manage users/groups/privs)
      • sysfsutils v2.1.0 [libsysfs.so] (kong inspired this addition. happy i imitated his style [love u kong;)])
      • file 5.32 [libmagic.so,file] (still limited definitions. add some symlinks in /usr/local/share/misc/magic to increase capabilities!)
        and of course...
      • libqm(FUCKING)i 1.20.2 [libqmi-glib.so.5.2.0,qmicli,qmiproxy,qmi-firmware-update] (because it's DD-WRT and LEGIT NETWORKS people get PRIORITY. not noobs)
      • libmbim 1.16.2 [libmbim-glib.so.4.2.0, mbimcli,mbim-proxy,mbim-network]
      • RALINK RT2800_APPS from 2017 SDK (all built on gLIBC; functional unless otherwise stated.):

• bandsteering plus (bndstng2) due to popular demand. i suspect the VAPpers love it. to use bndstng2, you must have two SSIDs with the same name, on different bands, on a given radio (iirc).
        • flash (lets you read flash memory in linux; saving you from having to hit up uboot)
        • rtdot1x (previously known as rt2860apd) is the new 80211x client for ralink radios. should work if you set the radius variables. i have verified that rtdot1x communicates with the MT7615 linux driver correctly.
        • nvram utilities [nvram_daemon] (for those wanting to return to RALINK's factory firmware [and thus, the factory NVRAM]), call nvram_daemon before flashing the stock firmware.

• Why should I use this version of DD-WRT as opposed to others (assuming availability)?

• simple answer: don't.
      • i'm neither looking to attract casuals, nor infringe upon territories that my contemporaries have managed so well, for so long.

• it should be clear that my "target audience" deviates significantly from my contemporaries (if posting serial-only fw files [not deliberately, mind you] didn't signify this already).
        • i hope that, in the near future, when i get the hang of the bare minimums required for basic network interface configuration, this will change. but again: not looking to infringe upon my contemporaries' territories, so it's not a priority

• So you don't care if I use it, but you're posting like you want me to, what the fuck motivated this undertaking?

• simple answer: a lot of my interest and involvement in dd-wrt is at the operating systems-level, which is the area of expertise of individuals who influenced me ("bill", and sir tim). i felt building the kernel from scratch for an embedded networking device is the "new frontier" since each radio can be looked at as a CPU, as it must shuttle its data separately from our activities.

• with our data appetite seemingly growing, the CPU "brick wall" (3.2ish GHZ) going unaddressed, i felt the parallelisation/multiprocessing environment in a networks context would bear fruit at the theoretical (Computing Science) level.
        • there are interesting operating systems paradigms that arise, and i felt the current releases for embedded devices didn't share the same perspective (exception of the Beast known as Padavan; i'd have used his ralink_gpio if it worked with the DIR882, but no LEDs -_-)
        • lastly, i've been a DD-WRT "leech" for over 13 years, and looking at my contemporaries' work (eko/slayer/kong), i was both motivated and inspired to not be a moocher. as an example:

• my source of inspiration for the recent, yet stripped-down, iptables/iproute2 were their 10 year old makefiles. without them, these programs are approximately five-fold larger. as such, i wanted to "step to the plate" and contribute to their great work, as my work is not possible without their decade-plus dedication to this area. they were doing great work while i was picking my ass, content with being mediocre.

• in other words, my work is more of a "thank you" to the DD-WRT crew for their great work (evidenced by the stripped down makefiles/custom sources-where-necessary to facilitate reduced size) that many of us enjoy for free (for the most part).

* "IT'S THE GLOBAL ECKANAMY" <cue gesture:>

------
BONUS/HINT(s) (formerly titled "Bulletin Board") <- this "rant", while still mostly true, is retained since it contains a hint on how to fix the webGUI (for whoever is bold enough to build DD-WRT from source... there are only a few, but history has shown it is those who matter the most...)
i was being overtly generous to BS when i removed my original comment blaming the ugly webgui on the lack of repugly (it has nothing to do with my build configuration). the facts are that others have had this *EXACT* issue. i can't fault BS for not being forthcoming about the deliberate omissions for a working WEBGUI, as he has put a lot of effort into this project and has yet to receive adequate compensation proportional to this effort (something i think he was promised).

• my take on this complicated situation is this: while the webgui was originally from Linksys, BS has put significant effort into the WEBGUI such that it has become synonymous with DD-WRT. as such, until he gets compensated (he has not, trust me) i will not get upset and start calling DD-WRT "buggy crap" because everything i've had to do was within the bounds of a properly-trained computing science undergraduate with expertise in Operating Systems. LONG STORY SHORT: none of us will get a working WEBGUI from the files in the SVN until BS is compensated. end of story.

• in order to to shoot down the incorrect claims of "everything is in the source tree", and "all you need to do is uglify the *.js" files, i've attached a pretty decent set of compressed js files. if you compare them to kong's (inspect the webgui on one of his builds), you'll see it's extremely close (not identical obviously). however it's much uglier than the default set of files: (secret hint: BS was right that it's "all on SVN", but if you find the other hint in my "rant", you'll figure it out soon enough [sooner than it took me, at least {you're welcome}]).
      this (should) shoot down the idea that all that is missing is an uglifier.(secret knowledge only for those who spend the time reading my "blabber" and want a functional webGUI; two words: revision 7400)

• further, if we are to assume all that is missing is uglification of the JS, i point readers to the fact that the compressed form of window_effects.js is the same as the uncompressed, further complicating any claim that uglification was the solution since the full set of uncompressed files are necessary
      • as i've hopefully belaboured throughout: i'm not "upset" or mad that they're withholding information to produce a working DD-WRT WEBGUI, but i would appreciate some honesty. unfortunately they're going to stick to their lie (just like ol' BAB and MLSE [don't forget the samuelis of broadCRAP]). at least be straight about it, jeez. your only critics are the losers who think everything in life should be free, and their expectations are bullshit. stop trying to meet them "on paper" but dodge them in reality, it doesn't look good.

• lastly, do not believe the claims of "success", or you will be disappointed (i only saw those for the first time a few days ago, when i began thoroughly researching this problem lol). you can/will get a northstar/ARMv6+-based webgui working, but that's about it.

• the alleged successes (save tsynik, hanskloss and like two other people) were all around the time i began my foray into this area, which certain "powers that (used to) be" used as an opportunity to show their recruits were worthy. however, as has been demonstrated time and time again, these recruits' tendencies to deliberately skew perceptions has been counterproductive (for nearly two centuries). in this case, anyone who is truly familiar with the source tree will know many of their alleged "solutions" are simply not true. such mistruths can only be learned when a post such as this respects/appreciates the sophistication of httpd (it really is amazing).

"But of this I can assure you that there is not a movement of any body of Men however small whether on Horse-back or on foot, nor an operation or March of any description nor any Service in the field that is not formed upon some mathematical principle, and in the performance of which the knowledge and practical application of the mathematicks will be found not only useful but necessary. The application of the Mathematicks to Gunnery, Fortification, Tactics, the survey and knowledge of formal Castrametation [setting up camp] etc. cannot be acquired without study"
"Only by adopting an infinitely small unit for observation, the differential in history otherwise known as human homogeneity, and perfecting the art of integration (the adding up of infinitesimals) can we have any hope of determining the laws of history"

Last edited by broly on Sat Oct 19, 2019 23:14; edited 1059 times in total
shadowjig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:30    Post subject: Re: static g++/gcc/binutils is a success Reply with quote
My wifi keeps dropping on the 882. Any tips on how to troubleshoot it?

broly wrote:
greetings everyone.

even though we are locked out of superuser land because of "the losers" i've mentioned before, here is a log of a successful compilation (small program sure) on the MT7621 platform (mipsel-none-linux-gnu target) using gcc.

Quote:

sh-4.4# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/mnt/root/bin/../libexec/gcc/mipsel-none-linux-gnu/7.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: mipsel-none-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../gcc7/configure --prefix=/tools --libdir=/tools/lib --build=x86_64-cross-darwin14 --host=mipsel-none-linux-gnu --target=mipsel-none-linux-gnu <SNIPPED BY BROLY>
Thread model: posix
gcc version 7.2.0 (GCC)
sh-4.4# g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/mnt/root/bin/../libexec/gcc/mipsel-none-linux-gnu/7.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: mipsel-none-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../gcc7/configure --prefix=/tools --libdir=/tools/lib --build=x86_64-cross-darwin14 --host=mipsel-none-linux-gnu --target=mipsel-none-linux-gnu <SNIPPED BY BROLY>
Thread model: posix
gcc version 7.2.0 (GCC)
sh-4.4# cat t
tmp/ tools/
sh-4.4# cat /mnt/root/bin/test.c
#include <stdlib.h>

int main() {

printf("Hi\n");
}

sh-4.4# pwd
/
sh-4.4# cd /mnt/root/bin
sh-4.4# rm a.out
sh-4.4# gcc test.c
test.c:1:10: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
#include <stdlib.h>
^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
sh-4.4# gcc -I/mnt/root/include test.c
test.c: In function 'main':
test.c:6:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'printf' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
printf("Hi\n");
^~~~~~
test.c:6:2: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'
test.c:6:2: note: include '<stdio.h>' or provide a declaration of 'printf'
sh-4.4# ./a.out
Hi
sh-4.4# ar
Usage: ar [emulation options] [-]{dmpqrstx}[abcDfilMNoPsSTuvV] [--plugin <name>] [member-name] [count] archive-file file...

the more verbose output (ar/as/readelf/objdump/gcc/g++ --help commands) is below.
https://pastebin.com/vKyTpSGe

truly grateful to be here, and not live in fear of being persecuted for being an independent thinker. don't know if i'd get that opportunity in any other country.

this is for you, SIR (doctor) MacKay, Sir TIM (you guys should know who this is), and of course, HRH HM!!
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
how is this router so far? the dir-878 is priced well here which is the same hardware as the 882 (looks like stock fw limitation to 3 streams instead of 4).

-does it have airtime fairness setting? or could anyone provide a screenshot of full wireless settings for the radios?

-whats the max wan throughput with & without qos if someone has multi routers/pcs to test with?

-whats the max 5ghz ac 80mhz & 2.4ghz 20/40mhz throughput on lan?

-hows wifi latency at idle to the router on each band? lots of 1ms or <1ms or 3ms+?

-if all leds dont function, which ones dont?

-anyone with multi routers, how does client mode (or repeater, whichever wording mediatek uses) PLUS a vap work? ex: host router is 10.1.1.0/24, client dir-882/878 is 10.2.2.0/24 on a diff subnet, with a virtual ap on the same interface broadcasting. the vap works with wpa2 and all? doesnt take several reboots after setting it? this is a key part where broadcom fails hard. cant repeat well.

-does qos have both htb & hfsc for packet schedulers, & sfq, codel, fq_codel for queuing discipline at least? if pie is also there its a bonus.

-does qos interface/netmask/mac priority sections offer wan max down/up columns or ONLY priority?

-lastly an output of cat /proc/interrupts would be nice.

thank u to anyone that can provide all or some answers.

[X86-64] Haswell i3-4150 ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] R7800 -----------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40270M kongat
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r41375 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------> DD-WRT v3.0-r40634 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
MESTORM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the DIR-878 and the attached two images show you the basic wifi settings that are available as well as the QoS settings as well. The QoS page does have both HTB and HFSC available for packet scheduling. Additionally, all of the LEDs on the unit do function properly, as for your other questions I will have to test them later to find out.

[quote="tatsuya46"]how is this router so far? the dir-878 is priced well here which is the same hardware as the 882 (looks like stock fw limitation to 3 streams instead of 4).

-does it have airtime fairness setting? or could anyone provide a screenshot of full wireless settings for the radios?

-whats the max wan throughput with & without qos if someone has multi routers/pcs to test with?

-whats the max 5ghz ac 80mhz & 2.4ghz 20/40mhz throughput on lan?

-hows wifi latency at idle to the router on each band? lots of 1ms or <1ms or 3ms+?

-if all leds dont function, which ones dont?

-anyone with multi routers, how does client mode (or repeater, whichever wording mediatek uses) PLUS a vap work? ex: host router is 10.1.1.0/24, client dir-882/878 is 10.2.2.0/24 on a diff subnet, with a virtual ap on the same interface broadcasting. the vap works with wpa2 and all? doesnt take several reboots after setting it? this is a key part where broadcom fails hard. cant repeat well.

-does qos have both htb & hfsc for packet schedulers, & sfq, codel, fq_codel for queuing discipline at least? if pie is also there its a bonus.

-does qos interface/netmask/mac priority sections offer wan max down/up columns or ONLY priority?

-lastly an output of cat /proc/interrupts would be nice.

thank u to anyone that can provide all or some answers.[/quote]
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
MESTORM wrote:
... Additionally, all of the LEDs on the unit do function properly, as for your other questions I will have to test them later to find out.

I'm considering a purchase of a DIR-882. How are you liking your router with dd-wrt so far?

Encountered any instances of: DIR-882 2.4 wireless keeps dropping?

Anyone encounter: New TEST firmware after 31571 may BRICK router?
Gazooo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36    Post subject: Work fine for me Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:

I'm considering a purchase of a DIR-882. How are you liking your router with dd-wrt so far?

This router is a hidden gem. I got the DIR-878 (which has the same guts as the DIR-882 minus the USB ports) for about 120CAD and flashed 10-25-2017-r33607 on it. I now get full bars everywhere in my house and almost full bars to my garage TV (which is about 63 feet away from the router).

No drops at all for me. I'm super happy.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36    Post subject: Re: Work fine for me Reply with quote
Gazooo wrote:
... I'm super happy.

Thanks for the feedback Gazooo.

So no finicky settings or LEDs not functioning?
The 5GHz has decent wireless? I ask since the Archer C7 really has pathetic *range with the 5 GHz.
*Compared to Netgear R7000 with XWRT-Vortex firmware.

To install dd-wrt,
Did you just upgrade with factory-to-ddwrt.bin firmware using a web browser?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: