latest ddwrt, How does the built in transmission work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
jeffmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 20:58    Post subject: latest ddwrt, How does the built in transmission work? Reply with quote
I just got a wrt1200ac and flashed it with r32170 of ddwrt. I had intended to install and use transmission on it. Now, I saw that transmission is available in services/nas/bittorent but it pretty much has no features. What is this? Do I still need to install transmission through SSH?
Sponsor
jeffmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to figure it out. Transmission is installed under transmissiond, and you have to point the directory to /tmp/mnt/sda1 (that should be where your first usb drive mounts to) to get it to write the config files.

Then you need to kill transmissiond so you can successfully edit the settings.json to set the rpc-whitelist.

Edit: Ahh I see we got some useless moderators on this board, moved my post into the marvell sub forum from general even though the question is related %100 to the dd-wrt software and %0 on the hardware.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
i suspect with that last comment, you wont get anyone responding to you.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
stupidfrog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi jeffmd,

can you brief me more details that how you did it? i was looking bittorent on my WRT1900ACS v2 quite a long time. i always get permission denied when i followed this tutorial.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Transmission_daemon

i will appreciate if you can give me a help. thanks.
jeffmd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry for the long delay, I kind of ditched the firmware because the wifi kept crashing and other connection issues.

You can pretty much ignore the tutorials, transmissiond is preinstalled and runs when you click the checkbox in the administration menu. And you will see it running when you go to http://192.168.1.1:9091 (funny side note.. and I have no idea why it does this, but this port number now forwards to my western digital My Cloud device on the factory firmware. wtf?)

What you need to do is, under the check box is the location of your downloads and settings directory. By default the daemon will try and save to the flash memory thus get lots of permission denied errors. You need to attach your usb storage device, go INTO the router via SSH and look to see the path location of where the usb drive is mounted and plug THAT into the administration web page. Reboot the router and the daemon will find it has write permission on the usb drive, save its configuration files and start proper.

The ssh is the one tricky part, the other is editing the config files. When ever the daemon exits it will write the config file it started with back to the drive, so editing settings while the daemon is active is useless. You have to SSH back in, kill the daemon, and then do your edits. I couldn't restart the daemon in ssh so I rebooted when I finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: